Point Break Remake Has A Director (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Point Break Remake Has A Director (11/4/2013 9:36:24 AM)

Post your comments on this article

partybee -> No thanks... (11/4/2013 9:36:24 AM)

I've too much love for the original. You know it'll be a middling 3-star "meh" end product anyways...

a_man_and_his_monkey -> NO. (11/4/2013 9:46:49 AM)

Just NO.

And also, in Hot Fuzz was it not Nick Frost who fired his gun in the air and screamed "ahhhhhh"?

shitneck -> (11/4/2013 9:55:51 AM)

oh dear..........

baby_jane -> No. (11/4/2013 10:24:56 AM)

This is the most stupid and idiotic thing I have ever heard. How could anyone ever improve on the original? I will never watch this. Just like I never watched the travesty that was the remake of Total Recall. Get some new ideas Hollywood, immediately...

heymish96 -> probably not ..... but maybe (11/4/2013 10:56:58 AM)

Essentially, I don't understand how you can remake a good 80's movie now, not even sure it's an 80's movie but its got that vibe, and by that vibe i mean Keanu Reeves still says dude. But the whole tone just doesn't work any more, it's good for reminiscing but cant be taken seriously when made now. It would be a completely different film if it wanted to be taken seriously. I would go and watch a film with the values of Point Break.

Nicky C -> If it's not about surfing it can't be called 'Point Break' ... (11/4/2013 11:20:43 AM)

because that's a surfing term to describe a wave that breaks onto rocks. So, it has to have at least some surfing in it or they'll be making an undercover cop movie that has an irrelevant name. This could get weird ...

mancalledpete -> Why? (11/4/2013 11:24:20 AM)

Surely THE most utterly pointless and un-needed remake of this whole ridiculously stupid 'remake' culture in Hollywood at the moment. Where's the originality?????

BenTramer -> Pointless Break (11/4/2013 11:53:05 AM)

The original is a guilty pleasure of mine; the ludicrous macho posturing throughout, Keanu's pretty wooden performance, Swayze's Zen bank robber schtick and Gary Busey's gonzo comic relief is always welcome. But nothing, NOTHING, can improve on The Worst Australian Accent Ever Attempted In Movie History at the end (It's the cop on the beach saying to Keanu: "Ya let 'im go! We'll get 'im when he comes back in!", clearly an American actor trying to do Aussie and ending up with a bad English accent.)

Whistler -> RE: NO. (11/4/2013 12:01:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: a_man_and_his_monkey

Just NO.

And also, in Hot Fuzz was it not Nick Frost who fired his gun in the air and screamed "ahhhhhh"?

That's exactly what they said...

dunkah -> (11/4/2013 12:23:29 PM)

Ericson Core? I thought that was a new mobile phone... :/

Dead Mike -> RE: (11/4/2013 12:36:52 PM)

'The Fast & the Furious' was essentially a remake of Point Break anyway. Why remake it again?

fuzzy -> RE: Pointless Break (11/4/2013 2:08:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

The original is a guilty pleasure of mine; the ludicrous macho posturing throughout, Keanu's pretty wooden performance, Swayze's Zen bank robber schtick and Gary Busey's gonzo comic relief is always welcome. But nothing, NOTHING, can improve on The Worst Australian Accent Ever Attempted In Movie History at the end (It's the cop on the beach saying to Keanu: "Ya let 'im go! We'll get 'im when he comes back in!", clearly an American actor trying to do Aussie and ending up with a bad English accent.)

Yeah that was crap. But strangely enough, Keanu passed an Aussie actor on the path to the beach - think he was neighbours in the 80s or something. Should've got Alf Stewart for the cop role. [:D]

Bodhi Lives -> No thanks... (11/4/2013 2:14:11 PM)

To quote the character played by Anthony Kiedis in the original 'That would be a waste of time'. Another pointless Hollywood remake, the original was a product of its time and they will only mess this up. Come up with some new idea's instead if butchering the good names of classic WELL MADE films.

dannyfletch -> Shelve it now!!! (11/4/2013 4:52:56 PM)

Stupid, pointless idea to attempt to remake what is an iconic action classic. There is absolutely no need whatsoever to remake this. Hopefully this idea gets scrapped soon!

Ben Richardson -> Enough Hollywood!!!!!! (11/4/2013 6:38:38 PM)

Right enough is enough!!!!. Can the accountants and money men who rule hollywood keep their noses out of decent film making. Every horror remake of recent years has been awful..chainsaw, spit on your grave, nightmare on elm street... and now they are having a go at re hashing (destroying) 90's action classics however intentionally dumb the originals may have been, and lets be fair Point Break was "dumb by design" and made by a now Oscar winning director with her tongue firmly in her cheek. Its enough we have loud stupid franchises rolling on (transformers i am looking at you!) we now have to put up with no mark directors given $100 million dollars to remake their favourite films as a vanity project!!!. All i can say is thank god for Nolan, Jackson, Spielberg (and others) who treat real film goers with the intelligence we deserve.

Ben Richardson -> Enough Hollywood!!!!!! (11/4/2013 6:39:22 PM)

Right enough is enough!!!!. Can the accountants and money men who rule hollywood keep their noses out of decent film making. Every horror remake of recent years has been awful..chainsaw, spit on your grave, nightmare on elm street... and now they are having a go at re hashing (destroying) 90's action classics however intentionally dumb the originals may have been, and lets be fair Point Break was "dumb by design" and made by a now Oscar winning director with her tongue firmly in her cheek. Its enough we have loud stupid franchises rolling on (transformers i am looking at you!) we now have to put up with no mark directors given $100 million dollars to remake their favourite films as a vanity project!!!. All i can say is thank god for Nolan, Jackson, Spielberg (and others) who treat real film goers with the intelligence we deserve.

durelius -> (11/4/2013 9:12:56 PM)

If it's not featuring the same characters and same story it's not a remake is it, a different story set in the same sort of world with new characters is a new movie, call it something else.

Jon 79 -> Back off Warchild, seriously. (12/4/2013 1:16:46 AM)

Point Break doesn't need a remake (or a sequel). But the same basic story with different actors and a different director could be something completely different. I'm hoping that it's so far removed from Point Break that it'd be hard to spot it's origin, ...like Carpenter's remake of The Thing From Another World. Also they should change the title.

robmaytum -> Why?? (12/4/2013 2:16:17 PM)

One of my faves, please leave well alone.

As Dead Mike said above, already re-booted when they did Fast & Furious so why tinker again??

leroythemasochist -> guess we just must have ourselves an asshole shortage huh? (13/4/2013 5:33:47 PM)

Good God! will someone just STOP!!!
Everytime they remake, reboot, reimagine or whatever a great movie (or even a crap one) a little bit of that movie magic ebbs away...
OK, so Point Break ain't Citizen Kane but it just so happens to be one of my all time favourites - so piss off money men!!
And anyway, you CAN'T make Point Break without Swayze, Reeves, Petty or the one and only king of movie surfing Mr Busey.
This idea is so bloody awful its not even vaguely amusing. But then they'll get some couple of twats who think they look god with their 8 packs and pretend they can surf (ok, yeah, kinda like Swayze actually being pulled along on a water ski) and it'll just be shit, shit, SHIT.
As for changing it into extreme sports... what the??? So that means it's not Point Break! Oh, I see, you have to call it Point Break so the public will be able to recognise it! Oh, I get it now - silly me.
So, to sum up this terrible rambling rant, please can all you Hollywood dipshits just piss off and get real jobs somewhere else and let people with good ideas run your business???

And yes, when I was a kid I did surf!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI