Hans Zimmer Talks Scoring Man Of Steel (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Hans Zimmer Talks Scoring Man Of Steel (5/4/2013 8:22:10 PM)

Post your comments on this article

bb -> I'm pretty sure the score will turn out good (5/4/2013 8:22:10 PM)

It's always exciting to do a challenge. My hope for Hans Zimmer's score for MAN OF STEEL is that it will be different compared to the music that John Williams wrote for the first SUPERMAN movie and the scores of the DARK KNIGHT movies. It should be a bit dark but with a strong sense of hope, since Superman is more lighter than Batman.

spark1 -> Have Faith (6/4/2013 12:24:52 PM)

zimmer's bat music has made me forget elfman's bat scores so i think hans could be the one to top williams' iconic theme.

andersdmoney -> NOT AGAIN!?!? (6/4/2013 4:10:59 PM)

Hans Zimmer is an awful choice. When left to his own devices, he is unable to let a soundtrack breathe. The Dark Knight Rises had very few moments of dialogue untouched by his incessant score. Without someone like James Newton Howard to temper his bombastic sensibilities, and find some punctuation in the mix, his shortcomings are very clear.

danielthompson99 -> Zimmer deserves credit (6/4/2013 5:34:01 PM)

He is a thinking man. The work he did on Dark Knight, and the level of commitment he undertook to unlock the Joker musically would have driven lesser men insane.
Nolan said that he sent hours and hours of samples for his reaction whils Zimmer was putting his ideas together, and they were all totally messed up.
This movie will have a different tone to Batman. Supes is more noble, a beacon. This score should echo that.

Frank Comiskey -> FLASHMAN (8/4/2013 10:53:35 AM)

I realize that Hans Zimmer has advanced from writing the title music for the dreadful Euro-Quiz 'Going for Gold', that he has a long, prolific, distuinguished career and finally that the magnificent Williams score makes any film a slave to the past, but, frankly, the main problem is that they should have waited a long-long time before making another Superman film; the shadow of Christopher Reeves is just too long & lingering.....................

dseys -> RE: NOT AGAIN!?!? (8/4/2013 5:01:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: andersdmoney

Hans Zimmer is an awful choice. When left to his own devices, he is unable to let a soundtrack breathe. The Dark Knight Rises had very few moments of dialogue untouched by his incessant score. Without someone like James Newton Howard to temper his bombastic sensibilities, and find some punctuation in the mix, his shortcomings are very clear.

You just seem to forget WHO decides how a score sounds: the director. If the director wants less music, more silent, he just says it and gets the music removed. If the director wants a lot of music throughout the entire movie, he'll get exactly that. Filmmusic writing really is a collaboration, and the director has the last word.

It appears Christopher Nolan wanted a tiny, sick score for The Dark Knight, to reflect the Joker's insanity, and then a bombastic, epic score for The Dark Knight Rises, which had a more heroic, "end of trilogy" vibe.

So the one you blame isn't Zimmer, it's Nolan.

dseys -> RE: Hans Zimmer Talks Scoring Man Of Steel (8/4/2013 6:06:36 PM)

Empire, does the last sentence of this article mean we're going to get a big Zimmer interview in next issue? If so: AMAZING!

Avengers12 -> my preference (23/4/2013 11:02:28 AM)

personally...i always say: if it ain't broke, DO NOT fix it.

and super hero movie score wise, i think the original theme score for superman (john williams), batman (danny elfman) and spider-man (again, danny elfman) WORK perfectly. so, it's just too bad they gotta REBOOT them as well.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI