Cumberbatch Heads For Crimson Peak (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Cumberbatch Heads For Crimson Peak (4/4/2013 9:14:07 PM)

Post your comments on this article

bb -> That's a big schedule Cumberbatch's got! (4/4/2013 9:14:07 PM)

Cumberbatch has already proven to be one of the best on-screen incarnation of Sherlock Holmes (sorry Downey Jr., but you're far better at playing Iron Man), and I really do hope he will steal the show with STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS. I'm also looking forward to see how he does as Smaug the Dragon (both voice-action and motion-capture) in THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG, which I pray will be superior to the slightly underwhelming AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY.

I hope CRIMSON PEAK will be a stand-out in the horror genre when it gets made, a nice and much-needed breath of fresh air in light of all of these sequels, remakes and found-footage flicks. My only worry is that if PACIFIC RIM becomes very successful (given the positive word-of-mouth from the test screenings), then Warner Bros. will want to green-light a sequel which is already in Development. Still, Del Toro can still personally oversee the PACIFIC RIM sequel as an Executive Producer while he's directing CRIMSON PEAK, so we'll see what happens over the next three or four months.

acertree -> Versatile actor (5/4/2013 7:52:43 AM)

I hope this doesnt push back his Brian Epstein bio pic. I really want to see him play that role with Paul McGuigan directing. The script is meant to be great.

He only has tiny roles in Twelve years a Slave and August Osage county (more's the pity) but at least the Osage role is a cute one. I hope we get more of him as the Necromancer because a lot of people didnt even know it was him in the first Hobbit film as it was only seconds.

I hope his role in Crimson Peak is the Byronesque one mentioned by Del Toro. I saw him on stage as Victor Frankenstein and noone struts his stuff in a long coat and white shirt quite like Cumberbatch.

bb - Crimson Peak is locked for a start in Feb 14. Del Toro cant be distracted with Pacific Rim 2.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.367188E-02