J.J. Abrams Talks Superman Flyby (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> J.J. Abrams Talks Superman Flyby (22/3/2013 9:43:51 AM)

Post your comments on this article

partybee -> Still not sure... (22/3/2013 9:43:51 AM)

happy to read about this as a 'what could've been' movie. The title's dreadful, relegates Superman to a Fast and Furious level.

Nicky C -> He obviously hasn't heard about ... (22/3/2013 10:00:37 AM)

the top secret song and dance number with music and lyrics by Get Cape. Get Cape. Fly. or the fact that the plot of Man of Steel is essentially a remake of 'Animal Crackers.'

dubster -> I love Abrams, but (22/3/2013 10:46:52 AM)

That idea sounds as bad as the title.
Superman doesn't need to be Emo.
Clean cut, straight forward please. Leave the inner turmoil stuff to the hundreds of other superheroes. What sets Superman apart from ALLLLL the others is its straight up, clean cut, super heroics.

weekendatbernies -> Awesome premise, terrible title.. (22/3/2013 11:25:53 AM)

Anyone got a link to the script??

logan 5 -> Mmmmm (22/3/2013 2:44:08 PM)

I've often wondered about the baby / child Superman years and the way the Kents would have to completely alter their lifestyle try to prevent his powers from accidently or innocently destroying not only them but all around them and have come to a couple of conclusions :
1: The intellectual differences between Kryptonian and Earth beings allied to Kal-El's guidance en route to earth via mother spaceship probably gives or gave him an inner self preservation ethic enabling him to limit the use of his known powers to protect not only himself but all those weakling human beings in and around him even at such an early stage in his physical and mental development...
2: How long is a piece of string...?

leroythemasochist -> Bugger! (22/3/2013 3:14:53 PM)

I only read the article cuz I thought he might start on about Star Wars!
That's 2 minutes of my life I'll never get back...

djshaiguy -> Link to script & short review (22/3/2013 4:51:21 PM)

Not sure if Empire will allow linkage, but here goes: http://www.supermanhomepage.com/movies/Superman-JJAbrams.pdf

Thoughts: A few mystical missteps but pretty entertaining and would have kicked off a really good trilogy. Weirdly, whilst reading it, I couldn't help imagining Margot Kidder as Lois Lane, Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor and Dean Cain as Superman...

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Link to script & short review (23/3/2013 12:51:01 PM)

The title sounds abit odd but I think the 'child/kid' is a concept Snyder and Nolan are going down anyway,though I much preferred J.J Abrams at the helm rather than Snyder.

Pelle -> TV-boy (23/4/2013 7:07:17 PM)

Why is this television writer constantly in Empire? I thought this was supposed to be a movie magazine.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI