Kick-Ass 2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Empire Admin -> Kick-Ass 2 (19/3/2013 5:30:12 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Mr Gittes -> RE: :( (21/3/2013 10:31:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: maffew

that looks massively disappointing and hugely misjudged... just watch the trailer for the first film - it lacks everything that made me so excited to see kickass..

While we shouldn't judge before actually seeing the movie, I too have a very bad feeling about this one. Kick-Ass being a relative success and all, I would've thought that a sequel would have a bigger budget but, eh...it sure doesn't look like it. I'm not saying this is the key to a good movie but it does look pretty damn cheap (and not in the cool Evil Dead way, in the soulless CGI way).

AxlReznor -> RE: :( (22/3/2013 9:45:47 AM)

I dunno... I had a huge grin on my face all the way through the trailer. Don't really care about budget. The first one was one of my favourites of 2010 with a relatively small budget, so I don't think more money is needed.
I am worried about it turning out to actually suck, but some of my fears were allayed as soon as I heard the words, "Game over, cocksuckers!"

Overmind -> RE: :( (22/3/2013 4:37:37 PM)

As I said in another thread. I have read the Comic and it sucked hairy balls. It had more of what made the first one cool but none of what made it unike.

Mr Gittes -> RE: :( (22/3/2013 5:16:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

I dunno... I had a huge grin on my face all the way through the trailer. Don't really care about budget. The first one was one of my favourites of 2010 with a relatively small budget, so I don't think more money is needed.
I am worried about it turning out to actually suck, but some of my fears were allayed as soon as I heard the words, "Game over, cocksuckers!"

Ah, it's just a personal quibble of mine. I'll agree wholeheartedly that Kick-Ass spent its budget in the right places and nailed the parts that really matter. But personally, the CGI blood irked the absolute shit out of me. This doesn't bug me in every movie (I loved the way it was used in Sin City and Fincher always utilises it brilliantly) but in Kick-Ass it was so poorly done that it took me out of the movie sometimes, most tragically in the otherwise awesome action set-piece in the penthouse where Hit-Girl wipes everybody out. The music builds up and I'm super-excited, then the action starts and nope, it's a bloody video-game now -_-

So when I heard about the sequel, I thought "Yes! Since the first was a hit, then this'll surely have a bigger budget. Now they can nail the parts that matter AND have sweet practical blood effects!" But it sure doesn't appear that way, does it? Now, am I saying that this will make it a bad movie? Of course not. I hope it's really good, and that I have a hell of a time like I did with the first one. Digital blood effects are not a flaw in a movie's quality; they just irritate me personally.

And just so you know, I do acknowledge that there are some practical blood effects in Kick-Ass. I particularly love how they're used in the scene where Big Daddy and Kick-Ass get seven shades beaten out of them (probably one of the lesser reasons why it's one of my favourite scenes in the movie, but still). Then towards the end, it's like they just got lazy and said "Nah, we'll just do that in post."

Anyway, the budget is not the only reason why I'm shaky about Kick-Ass 2 so far, but hey, let's hope for the best.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI