15 Wildly Misleading Movie Titles (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> 15 Wildly Misleading Movie Titles (18/3/2013 12:58:37 PM)

Post your comments on this article

spideed2 -> Lucky Number Slevin.... (18/3/2013 12:58:37 PM)

Crap sub Usual Suspects bilge with the worst title in years.

Madhava -> EEGAH (18/3/2013 2:21:55 PM)

LOL at the tagline in Eegah: "The crazed love of a prehistoric giant for a ravishing teen-age girl"

Evolved As One -> Quantum of Wallace (18/3/2013 3:16:47 PM)

The "Quantum of Solace" one is also misleading because it has nothing to do with the Quantum of Solace short story in Fleming's "For Your Eyes Only". Though saying that, it wouldn't really make much sense if they brought that story into it.

thecountlugosi -> No Country... (18/3/2013 3:35:44 PM)

No Country for Old Men = There Will Be Blood
Back to the Future Pt. II = Back to the Past

jobloffski -> RE: Quantum of Wallace (18/3/2013 6:55:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Evolved As One

The "Quantum of Solace" one is also misleading because it has nothing to do with the Quantum of Solace short story in Fleming's "For Your Eyes Only". Though saying that, it wouldn't really make much sense if they brought that story into it.

From wiki:

The governor explains his point to Bond: when the "Quantum of Solace" drops to zero, humanity and consideration of one human for another is gone

Obtuse, but not misleading.

matt114 -> (18/3/2013 8:45:15 PM)

I was with them until they said John Carter wasn't that bad, it's shit

Evolved As One -> RE: Quantum of Wallace (18/3/2013 11:09:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Evolved As One

From wiki:

The governor explains his point to Bond: when the "Quantum of Solace" drops to zero, humanity and consideration of one human for another is gone

Obtuse, but not misleading.

Very obtuse. Fair point though. I'm surprised Tyrannosaur didn't make this list, though it is only misleading if the title is took literally. :P

NeoBrowser -> (19/3/2013 4:37:57 AM)

I spent YEARS think Trainspotting was "A gentle documentary profiling those guys in anoraks who stand around station platforms and note down engine numbers, possibly stopping now and again for a nice cup of tea." and avoiding it as such.

Until finally someone made me watch it and I found out it was cool as fuck!

NeoBrowser -> (19/3/2013 4:48:44 AM)

i think I will watch Leslie, My Name Is Evil

NeoBrowser -> (19/3/2013 4:50:32 AM)

i think I will watch Leslie, My Name Is Evil

Mr Gittes -> (19/3/2013 5:29:05 PM)

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. What we were expecting - a Star Wars movie. What we got - a Star Politics movie...and not a very good one.

Grimm -> (19/3/2013 7:41:02 PM)

I thought EEGAH means Eager (in aussie accent)...!!

Evolved As One -> Train Secrets Mah Boy (20/3/2013 7:36:51 PM)

The Trainspotting reference is quite obscure. Dived straight in nonetheless, and yes, it was and still is cool as fuck.

jonarnesen -> (24/3/2013 10:40:02 PM)

Hannibal The Cannonball

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI