New Kick-Ass 2 Red-Band Trailer Lands (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> New Kick-Ass 2 Red-Band Trailer Lands (13/3/2013 4:53:01 PM)

Post your comments on this article

fraser1978 -> (13/3/2013 4:53:01 PM)

Looking good. I noticed they are keeping Mother Russia under wraps still - For now!

alsybroth -> Cannot wait!! (13/3/2013 5:00:22 PM)

I seriously cannot fucking wait for this!

danielcharlwood -> ooooooo (13/3/2013 5:02:43 PM)

From the look of the CG it seems they spent all their budget on the cast and forgot to buy some decent PC's

weekendatbernies -> (13/3/2013 5:29:49 PM)

Why does this look so low budget? The cinematography is dreadful.

Madhava -> Erk.... (13/3/2013 5:48:32 PM)

Yes, the low quality is very worrying. Why didn't Matthew Vaughn stay on? I don't like this habit of 'Hey, this guy made a great movie! But let's pass the sequel on to someone else with no experience who no one has ever heard of!"

ChesterCopperpot -> Stop moaning about the "low quality"... (13/3/2013 5:57:59 PM)

It's all part of its charm. I imagine Universal provided no funding for this at all given the somewhat controversial nature of the original (and not great box office), so it's hardly going to be an ILM showcase. It's the characters, brilliantly ludicrous story and all-out bloodletting that makes Kick-Ass so much fun. And bear in mind, it's also not finished. Plenty of time for a bit of extra spit and polish.

ChesterCopperpot -> Stop moaning about the "low quality"... (13/3/2013 5:59:52 PM)

It's all part of its charm. I imagine Universal provided no funding for this at all given the somewhat controversial nature of the original (and not great box office), so it's hardly going to be an ILM showcase. It's the characters, brilliantly ludicrous story and all-out bloodletting that makes Kick-Ass so much fun. And bear in mind, it's also not finished. Plenty of time for a bit of extra spit and polish.

carpentersson -> (13/3/2013 7:15:12 PM)

I was amused by the comments regarding the "not great box office" of the original (it did $100million at the box office & another $100million on DVD all from a $30million budget. That's what's commonly referred to as a box office success!) & about the "let's pass the sequel onto someone else" (Matthew Vaughn is the Producer. The film wasn't passed off to someone else. Matthew Vaughn chose his replacement as he was going to be tied up with SECRET SERVICE.). There is absolutely no point in this forum existing unless it contains informed opinions.

iwantbitty -> (13/3/2013 10:53:23 PM)

"Those" shots people are moaning about look suspiciously like like the background elements were shot without reference to the foreground stuff (Chloe Moretz is lit from a totally different angle to the background). This is not unique to lower budget films. Most likely these are temporary for the trailer, so give the VFX artists a break they can only do so much with the footage they are given.

Mr Gittes -> Hmm... (13/3/2013 10:58:42 PM)

I've got a bad feeling about this...

I was very excited initially, especially with Jim Carrey's involvement. But this trailer gave off a dodgy vibe to me. And I agree with the other comments about the visuals looking rather shoddy. But I hope I'm proven wrong.

Overmind -> RE: Hmm... (14/3/2013 7:23:34 AM)

Yes hmm..

Im sceptic.
I red the comic a while ago. And it sucked heiry balls. I loved the original. Both the comic and movie.
But the sequel had everything that made the original cool but none of what made it unique.

chris wootton -> (14/3/2013 9:39:52 AM)

I don't know, looks pretty good to me.

Jonda Fett -> (14/3/2013 10:47:41 AM)

I think this looks great. Mindless fun!!

maffew -> oh well (14/3/2013 4:08:00 PM)

at least we've still got the original..

Mr Gittes -> RE: Hmm... (14/3/2013 10:46:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Overmind

Yes hmm..

Im sceptic.
I red the comic a while ago. And it sucked heiry balls. I loved the original. Both the comic and movie.
But the sequel had everything that made the original cool but none of what made it unique.

I've not read that comic. But I take it that it's not very fresh then...
Not that I'm pre-judging or anything; again, I haven't read it. But my feelings about this movie have gradually declined from great to...uneasy. Pretty much the opposite of my feelings about Man Of Steel.

Desbris -> Bad (14/3/2013 11:19:47 PM)

The first one was pop culture excrement and this looks just as bad.

NeoBrowser -> (15/3/2013 1:59:48 AM)

Looks fucking awesome

dturner69 -> Kick-Ass 2: Cannot Wait!!! (18/3/2013 12:32:08 PM)

Oh my god, I've just watched the trailer for Kick-Ass 2. I loved the first film and this just looks unmissable. Is it OK to publicly fancy Chloë Grace Moretz yet?

No Diggity -> (19/3/2013 5:04:30 PM)

Looks great....Give them what they want.....this looks it....

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI