Ford, Fisher, Hamill On For Star Wars (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Ford, Fisher, Hamill On For Star Wars (8/3/2013 12:47:14 PM)

Post your comments on this article

danielcharlwood -> Oh no. (8/3/2013 12:47:14 PM)

This deal is getting worse all the time.

jwhite83 -> Can't Keep His Mouth Shut (8/3/2013 12:48:49 PM)

Cmon George...just let them get on with it. To be honest I think bringing people back just seems to enhance my worries for this project. Please don't mess this up Disney!

Sparkykelly69 -> Yayyyy (8/3/2013 12:50:17 PM)

This can only be a good thing, we all know the the last trilogy were set before the the original trilogy, but this is what we all wanted in the first place, the original cast back together. Even if its just a set up for next 2 after it and they kill off the original case in Ep VII we will still be happy to see them all have one last hurrah, just like the way Rocky did in Rocky Balboa.

Sparkykelly69 -> Whoops (8/3/2013 12:51:30 PM)

I meant "original cast".......

BelfastBoy -> (8/3/2013 12:54:28 PM)

So, are they coming back or not? Despite the titanically heavy hints, Lucas doesn't actually confirm whether or not the negotiations were successful, does he? I presume they were.

MarcusDes -> I HAVE A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS (8/3/2013 1:06:24 PM)

Really, isn't it time for some fresh ideas, to boldly go beyond what has been established? Do we need another Star trek; Generations set in the Star Wars universe?

spark1 -> Tradition (8/3/2013 1:37:11 PM)

the opening part of a SW trilogy always involve older characters from the previous eps passing the baton to new younger characters.

no big deal.

beardyphysics -> 18 Parsecs? (8/3/2013 1:50:32 PM)

I thought Solo did it in less than 12.

sleepwalker -> (8/3/2013 1:52:42 PM)

I have the utmost respect for George but wouldn't it be ironic if he becomes the David Prowse of the new trilogy, blowing the lid on every secret that passes his way. FYI Disney and JJ, George got around this problem by feeding Prowse fake lines and re-dubbing them, you can do the same, maybe get him one of those mouthpieces that Keith Lemon uses on Holly Willougby.

stucy -> Great news! (8/3/2013 2:13:32 PM)

Just hope Carrie Fisher wears a bra under her robes this time. Those aged galactic globes might swing a bit low now.

Mr Gittes -> RE: Oh no. (8/3/2013 2:14:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: danielcharlwood

This deal is getting worse all the time.

Pray he don't alter it any further.

VadersudeR -> Beep, beep, whistle,beep, whistle! (8/3/2013 2:42:05 PM)

Can't wait. It will be great to see all my favorite characters back. I just hope there won't be so many copied phrases & similar scenarios that the prequels had to the original trilogy. Plus I hope the vehicles don't sound like racing cars!

BelfastBoy -> RE: Beep, beep, whistle,beep, whistle! (8/3/2013 3:05:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: VadersudeR

Can't wait. It will be great to see all my favorite characters back. I just hope there won't be so many copied phrases & similar scenarios that the prequels had to the original trilogy. Plus I hope the vehicles don't sound like racing cars!

Expect "I have a bad feeling about this" to crop up the odd time!

paulmitchell -> Lando?? (8/3/2013 3:11:57 PM)

They have to bring back billy dee Williams,don't leave him out,also get Gary old man in there AND William Sadler

kielerkai -> What was he saying EXACTLY?!? (8/3/2013 3:25:43 PM)

Lucas made three statements: 1.) "We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison". 2.) "We were pretty much in final stages of negotiation". 3.) “I won’t say whether the negotiations were successful or not.” So what now? Are they on board OR NOT?!?!?

lisa.helen -> Really!? (8/3/2013 3:59:13 PM)

As A Star Wars fan this is the worst news possible - unless they play minor cameo roles, it will only be compared to the orginal trilogy and won't stand up to it. I love the original characters but I don't see how it could work to bring them back as major roles within the film. Hopefully JJ Abrams will do with this what he did with Star Trek and put a whole new angle on it while staying true to the original.

Histeria -> RE: Really!? (8/3/2013 4:41:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lisa.helen

As A Star Wars fan this is the worst news possible - unless they play minor cameo roles, it will only be compared to the orginal trilogy and won't stand up to it. I love the original characters but I don't see how it could work to bring them back as major roles within the film. Hopefully JJ Abrams will do with this what he did with Star Trek and put a whole new angle on it while staying true to the original.

I think Hamill is vital to making Ep 7 work. Lucas talked to him about taking an Obi-Wan style mentor role when he was old enough decades ago ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UGV7WVB-bA) . Fisher and Ford I don't expect to be in it much - and I agree that's probably a good thing.

LSJShez -> (8/3/2013 8:19:29 PM)

So, Harrison I'll-never-do-StarWars-again Ford finally changed his mind eh? Every time he comes on screen, my thought will be - Was it an offer he couldn't refuse, or the fact that Lucas isn't writing the script? Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing him try to recapture Solo's roguish charm. It's going to be hilarious.

rudyalapag -> O boy. (9/3/2013 1:13:04 AM)

O boy. why try a new younger cast for a whole new trilogy? i believe they are getting too old for this sort of thing. i'm not. but, a whole new generation cast would do right. probably the trio being cameos in the beginning and then the new ones continue the trilogy. i'm up for that. some one we never knew before. an unknown cast will fit best.

NeoBrowser -> (9/3/2013 10:22:11 AM)

This is so unnecessary! Can we please have something new??

neil6189 -> nerd mistake! (9/3/2013 11:28:26 AM)

Well done beardyphysics!the only person that spotted the mistake lol! Just so long as the original cast are back, I dont care in what capacity...

Overmind -> RE: nerd mistake! (9/3/2013 5:09:47 PM)

Dont fuck up the EU .... please.....!

Jimmyduudah -> George Lucas (9/3/2013 7:34:53 PM)

The big problem with this new round of Star Wars movies is that George Lucas appears to still be involved....

Cool Breeze -> Its The Expendables...in space! (9/3/2013 8:26:29 PM)

Its great to have the old trio back ( though i hope they get Lando in there too ) but its gonna come across as an Expendables movie except set in the SW universe.Thats not necessarily a bad thing by the way,

oldstuff -> Awesome! (10/3/2013 2:27:31 PM)

Who says they have to appear in only small cameos? Was Sean Connery a small cameo in "Last Crusade"?? No. He played a massive role but within a suitable storyline for his character and the same can be true here. An ageing Han Solo has a ton of possibilities and the only thing to worry about is that whoever is cast as the younger stars, have to try and keep up Ford.

Bozo Fitzgerald -> Boring (11/3/2013 11:46:59 AM)

I purchased the Star Wars "Complete Saga" just over a year ago. Why doesn't he just spare us all these releases and re-releases? I'm not happy about waiting in 'excited anticipation' for another crappy trilogy.

ANK -> (13/3/2013 8:43:01 AM)

A 'parsec' is a distance, not a measurement of speed so Han's bold claim has no relevance. I'm quite looking forward to the new trilogy, I just hope they take those damn rocket boosters off R2 D2.

Letattz -> (16/3/2013 9:55:55 AM)

This can only exceed expectation, given the prequels. All these announcements about Disney, directors and ageing stars coming back seem to been met with a collective Internet 'meh'. Smart move then by Abrams. If this is half decent it will be better than anything Lucas has ever achieved. (Was hoping they would recast and do Zahns novels - love to see Thrawn).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI