Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

elab49 -> Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (5/3/2013 11:19:46 PM)

http://www.empireonline.com/features/tv-theme-tunes-quiz/UK-hard/

And by gum there are some buggers in here. Missing some hard ones for both countries at the moment. It's so annoying when you just know you know one though, eg 13 - US - hard (which it shouldn't really have been - 12 surely isn't either?)

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (6/3/2013 7:59:26 AM)

Thanks elab. I've now spent 20 minutes banging my head on the desk in frustration [:D]

elab49 -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (6/3/2013 9:02:40 AM)

Felt the need to pass on the pain. You're welcome [:D]

movieevangelist -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (6/3/2013 12:38:50 PM)

Still struggling with some of these. Still can't get the following at the moment:

UK Easy: got them all! 1 had me scratching my head for a while
UK Hard: can't get 5, 7, 8, 13 or 15
US Easy: just 11 eluding me. 10 stumped me for ages but got there in the end
US Hard: 3, 6, 7, 9 and 10 still have me beaten

Hope the answers arrive before my sanity departs completely.

elab49 -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (6/3/2013 9:16:12 PM)

I think UK Hard #8 is going to particularly annoy you. A massively popular sitcom that had, IMO, a very ill-advised return last Xmas.

US- Hard - 9 was one of those I found most annoying because I knew the next words of the song were the title - which they are.

Jonty -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (6/3/2013 11:24:00 PM)

I've done pretty well with this, but for all the obscure ones I've got I still can't UK Easy #1!!! What the hell? It sounds like some awful 90's thing?

Jonty -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (6/3/2013 11:32:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: movieevangelist

Still struggling with some of these. Still can't get the following at the moment:

I'm assuming that you a bit younger than me (31) as I got UK Hard #5 straight away! Then again I got UK Easy #2 straight away as well [:D]

elab49 -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (6/3/2013 11:43:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jonty

I've done pretty well with this, but for all the obscure ones I've got I still can't UK Easy #1!!! What the hell? It sounds like some awful 90's thing?

An excellent noughties one actually. And, unusually for what we normally think of as sitcoms, it was about an hour long. It had a Comic relief skit, ended with a special, and was probably the start of quite a few more prominent careers for actors that had been around for a while.

Jonty -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (7/3/2013 12:04:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

An excellent noughties one actually. And, unusually for what we normally think of as sitcoms, it was about an hour long. It had a Comic relief skit, ended with a special, and was probably the start of quite a few more prominent careers for actors that had been around for a while.

Ahhhhhhh. thank you [:)]

EriCritic -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (7/3/2013 6:29:04 AM)

On U.S. Easy, I am completely stumped on #7! It sounds so familiar, it's driving me insane!!

Any clues at all would be of great help! Thanks!

movieevangelist -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (7/3/2013 9:23:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: EriCritic

On U.S. Easy, I am completely stumped on #7! It sounds so familiar, it's driving me insane!!

Any clues at all would be of great help! Thanks!

Trust me, you think about it long enough, you'll guess this smash. Just a matter of perception. [;)]

movieevangelist -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (7/3/2013 9:33:11 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: movieevangelist

I'm assuming that you a bit younger than me (31) as I got UK Hard #5 straight away! Then again I got UK Easy #2 straight away as well [:D]

No, much older than you (39) so it was almost after my time, but that turned out to be enough of a clue! Thanks!

memonkey -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (7/3/2013 10:59:26 AM)

Aaarrrrrggggghhhh...*bangs head against desk repeatedly* I've been humming US Easy #11 all flippin' night. Any clues??????

elab49 -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (7/3/2013 11:34:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: memonkey

Aaarrrrrggggghhhh...*bangs head against desk repeatedly* I've been humming US Easy #11 all flippin' night. Any clues??????

It's a US remake of a sitcom that also appears in the UK answers

memonkey -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (7/3/2013 11:42:57 AM)

You're an absolute diamond, elab! All done, can now stop humming and enjoy the rest of my day.

EriCritic -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (8/3/2013 12:56:03 AM)

I've listened to that little clip about a 100x and I wrack my brain but I still can't get it. It's beginning to drive me crazy! Just give me one tiny clue, please!! lol Give the decade it was released in at least!!

elab49 -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (8/3/2013 10:02:01 AM)

The US Easy 11? I'm not sure there's more than one show the same on the US/UK side but if it is that show then it finishes in a couple of months - this is the last series of about 6 or 7.

djdjk -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (8/3/2013 2:44:22 PM)

quote:

Orignal: EriCritic
I've listened to that little clip about a 100x and I wrack my brain but I still can't get it. It's beginning to drive me crazy! Just give me one tiny clue, please!! lol Give the decade it was released in at least!!

If you still mean US Easy No.7  it ran 1998-2006. Was bigger in US than UK, but was fairly popular here. Want more clues?

djdjk -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (8/3/2013 2:46:17 PM)

And thank you elab49 for the clues on US Easy 11. Was losing my mind.

ShouldBeWorking -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (8/3/2013 3:37:06 PM)

Very proud of myself for getting all the easy ones on both sides of the virtual Atlantic... come here to be shamed for a meager three on UK Hard and 9 on US Hard! Still, avoided an hours work - which was nice.

PythonFan -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (8/3/2013 3:57:35 PM)

I always suck royally at these and this one is no exception! Although, I've never really watched that much TV so it's not too surprising.

Was very amused that I managed to get US Hard #13 straight away seeing as I haven't seen it since I was kid.

I wish there were clues for all of them because some sound so familiar to me but the one that is driving me nuts the most is UK Easy #7. There's just not enough of it for me to grab on to it! I will slap myself when I get it, I know I will.

PythonFan -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (8/3/2013 4:12:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PythonFan

I always suck royally at these and this one is no exception! Although, I've never really watched that much TV so it's not too surprising.

Was very amused that I managed to get US Hard #13 straight away seeing as I haven't seen it since I was kid.

I wish there were clues for all of them because some sound so familiar to me but the one that is driving me nuts the most is UK Easy #7. There's just not enough of it for me to grab on to it! I will slap myself when I get it, I know I will.

Never mind! The wonderful Ali saved the day by informing me it was a sitcom I'd never even seen and it was simply the song I recognised! That was going to drive me crazy...

OpinionatedMovieGoer -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (8/3/2013 5:17:29 PM)

The amount of pain this is having on my head is surprisingly high. It's that sort of moment where you think "I know this...but I don't know this".

I also cheered a bit when I heard UK Easy Number 3. One of my favourite shows!

Can we also expect a movie theme version? I love these things.

Marcus Brody -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (8/3/2013 7:19:00 PM)

Ok, need some help on some that will probably make me kick myself up the arse when I find out.

UK Easy 1, 7

elab49 -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (8/3/2013 7:22:47 PM)

UK Easy 1 has a clue at post 8 above [:)]

memonkey -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (8/3/2013 7:24:21 PM)

UK Easy 1 and 7 - both C4.

Marcus Brody -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (8/3/2013 7:44:15 PM)

Got UK easy 1 but could do with another clue for UK Easy 7.

elab49 -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (8/3/2013 7:57:33 PM)

p.o.v.

collindukefan -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (8/3/2013 8:26:29 PM)

Got everything US except HARD #1. Any help/hint?

roberttaylor -> RE: Empire UK/US Easy/Hard Sitcom Theme Tune Quiz (8/3/2013 11:18:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: collindukefan

Got everything US except HARD #1. Any help/hint?

Marty goes to NYC.

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI