The Conjuring Teaser Trailer Arrives (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> The Conjuring Teaser Trailer Arrives (27/2/2013 8:08:55 PM)

Post your comments on this article

lewisb548 -> Maybe. (27/2/2013 8:08:55 PM)

Looks pretty creepy I wont lie I did jump the majority of the run time for that trailer it looks pretty scary.

OrganicLifeform -> (27/2/2013 9:42:56 PM)

Big fan of Insidious (and quite liked Dead Silence), so I'm eagerly awaiting this film and the upcoming Insidious sequel. Based on the trailer I'd say Wan has done it again.

Cloud Cuckoo -> RE: The Conjuring teaser trailer (28/2/2013 10:05:00 AM)

I love ghost stories and dearly wish I could get excited about this, but it just looks like another run-of-the-mill haunted house tale with cheap jump scares and giggling children ghosts that are about as scary as Santa.

I had high hopes for Insidious when I saw the trailer. Turned out the trailer was more frightening than the film when the glimpsed (and genuinely unsettling) red-faced demon turned out to be Darth Maul, and the plot completely raped the boundaries of credulity even for a supernatural horror film. A load of bollocks.

UTB -> RE: The Conjuring teaser trailer (28/2/2013 10:23:08 AM)

ZOMG BASED ON TEH TRU STORIZ!!!!!

OrganicLifeform -> RE: The Conjuring teaser trailer (28/2/2013 10:57:39 AM)

I get where you're coming from. It's true that Insidious is a mixed bag, but for some reason I really enjoyed the things it did right and found it very easy to look past its 'mistakes'. I think it comes down to the mood of the film: most horror films fail to be creepy or unsettling, and to me Insidious definitely had that classic ghost story vibe. I also enjoyed how it took some left turns.

Oh, and regarding your signature: indeed we do. Amok is amazing.

MonsterCat -> RE: The Conjuring teaser trailer (28/2/2013 11:45:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cloud Cuckoo

I love ghost stories and dearly wish I could get excited about this, but it just looks like another run-of-the-mill haunted house tale with cheap jump scares and giggling children ghosts that are about as scary as Santa.

I had high hopes for Insidious when I saw the trailer. Turned out the trailer was more frightening than the film when the glimpsed (and genuinely unsettling) red-faced demon turned out to be Darth Maul, and the plot completely raped the boundaries of credulity even for a supernatural horror film. A load of bollocks.

Yep. Pretty much this.

At least it had Rose Byrne adding the sexy to it.

Cloud Cuckoo -> RE: The Conjuring teaser trailer (28/2/2013 12:23:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

At least it had Rose Byrne adding the sexy to it.

Sadly I'm the wrong gender/sexuality to fully benefit from Ms Byrne's winsome charms, but she is certainly a very pretty girl.

quote:

ORIGINAL: OrganicLifeform

I get where you're coming from. It's true that Insidious is a mixed bag, but for some reason I really enjoyed the things it did right and found it very easy to look past its 'mistakes'. I think it comes down to the mood of the film: most horror films fail to be creepy or unsettling, and to me Insidious definitely had that classic ghost story vibe. I also enjoyed how it took some left turns.

SPOILERS FOR INSIDIOUS ALERT!

I'm glad you enjoyed it and certainly wouldn't wish to take that away from you, but alas the film was not for me. It failed to unsettle me at any point apart from the aforementioned initial glimpse of old red face. I found the scenes of Rose and the sprog being terrorised in the house too formulaic (we have seen it all before, and done better), but my boredom turned to incomprehension and then plain amusement at the climactic psychic rescue staged by daddy and the final groan-inducing coup de grace. I just found it baffling, ridiculous and - crucially - not remotely scary.

[sm=schild15.gif]

quote:

Oh, and regarding your signature: indeed we do. Amok is amazing.

[sm=happy34.gif]

elab49 -> RE: The Conjuring teaser trailer (28/2/2013 12:46:51 PM)

Looks like Secret of Crickley Hall, written by writer of Whiteout and Baywatch Nights, I'm guessing a cheap hour or so of standard horror tricks. 

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI