Universal Boss Talks Up Bourne 5 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Universal Boss Talks Up Bourne 5 (21/2/2013 12:54:54 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Ciaran McNulty -> Bad idea for Damon (21/2/2013 12:54:54 PM)

Surely, Matt Damon's too smart to ruin his legacy with the franchise by coming back for an almost inevitably diminished return. You've got a great, solid trilogy of films there. Let them go on with Renner and keep making their 'Smokey IS the Bandit' movies.

Mr Gittes -> RE: Bad idea for Damon (21/2/2013 1:19:09 PM)

Agreed. I don't think he'll do it.

Paddy Kieran -> Stand alone films (21/2/2013 1:37:03 PM)

If he came back for a Stand alone film and maybe then Renner had a similar toned one ...perhaps then they could do one together where they are both maybe after the same thing

7eke -> Erm (21/2/2013 3:40:26 PM)

"The Jeremy Renner-helmed actioner from last year..." Are you sure?!?!

J_BUltimatum -> Bad idea for Bourne! (21/2/2013 4:18:44 PM)

The Renner film was awful!!! It makes no sense for them to go forward in this direction... I also believe the only reason the last film was slightly successful was because of the "Bourne" name attached to it. However, audiences will no doubt see through that and steer clear of future installments, or at least be very wary of them!

rudyalapag -> to me its over. (21/2/2013 5:09:08 PM)

all right to me actually i already have the 3 Bourne movie box set and its finally over with Bourne but i'm sure that if i see another trailer of Bourne then i'm sure its for the next generation to see a Bourne 5. the last one B3 it was over and finally solved.

rudyalapag -> to me its over. (21/2/2013 5:12:55 PM)

all right to me actually i already have the 3 Bourne movie box set and its finally over with Bourne but i'm sure that if i see another trailer of Bourne then i'm sure its for the next generation to see a Bourne 5. the last one B3 it was over and finally solved.

natman_begins -> Won't Happen (21/2/2013 5:30:10 PM)

Damon is smart enough to avoid this, the franchise is forever tarnished now unless Paul Greengrass has found a way to make time travel possible so he can go back and erase the last film from existence.

Cool Breeze -> Bourne Legacy SUCKED.. (21/2/2013 11:29:37 PM)

..It was by far the worst film i saw last year and an insult to the original trilogy.If Matt Damon has any sense he will stay away from any further Bourne spin offs.He made three great films.Leave it at that Matt and forget Legacy ever happened because i think most people who were unlucky enough to see it would rather they forgot it as well.

jazzyjules63 -> Over (22/2/2013 12:11:31 AM)

In and of itself the Bourne Legacy was fine but was a bad addition to a fantastic trilogy, which had the perfect bookend in The Bourne Ultimatum. Matt Damon's amnesiac assassin was what made the series. Without this character what you have is just another action flick. This is exactly what is happening with the Die Hard movies. The original allure of the concept is being diluted by substandard sequels.

Artoo -> Quit while you're ahead! (22/2/2013 9:22:13 AM)

I've gotta agree with the concensus here - Legacy sucked ass!! I like Renner as an actor but the Bourne series is Damon's baby and without him and either Doug Liman or Paul Greengrass directing you've got no Bourne movie, just a generic action flick that just happens to share the name!

comanche -> Bourne 5 (22/2/2013 6:33:20 PM)

I am a huge fan of the Bourne franchise. I was very pleased to see Jeremy Renner as a completely new character which I thought he did really well and not trying to fill Matt Damon/Jason Bourne's shoes. As much as I love Jason Bourne I do feel that that story has run its course and unless there is a very strong storyline I can't see both Aaron and Jason in Bourne 5 and maybe it's time to pass the baton on to Aaron but that is just my opinion.

The Reynolds -> Not Sure (7/5/2013 7:13:50 PM)

Personally, I loved The Bourne Legacy, thought it was a great spin off and added a new side to the story. However, I'm sure whether they should make another one with Jason Bourne as I thought everything about the trilogy was just right: the length story and everything else. If they are going to do another one with Damon then I think they should think about doing a prequel to the series as this could add yet another dimension to the truly fantastic series.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI