A Good Day For Die Hard At US Box Office (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> A Good Day For Die Hard At US Box Office (19/2/2013 10:59:25 AM)

Post your comments on this article

DextersLab -> Critics vs Audience (19/2/2013 10:59:25 AM)

I trust critics generally - I mean, they're paid to watch movies, study them in detail and interview all these other people who have dedicated their lives to making movies - so I will listen to what they say before seeing a movie.
On the other hand, sometimes a movie (especially those within am established franchise) will come along that I will go and see regardless. I'm pretty sure Die Hard is one of them, just because of Bruce Willis. I do trust Empire and other critics, but you can't argue against box office...
Maybe we just shouldn't give sequels and major hollywood movies a rating, instead use an acronym like STIYDCAQ (See This If You Don't Care About Quality) or just the word Meh...

DextersLab -> Critics vs Audience (19/2/2013 11:01:20 AM)

I trust critics generally - I mean, they're paid to watch movies, study them in detail and interview all these other people who have dedicated their lives to making movies - so I will listen to what they say before seeing a movie.
On the other hand, sometimes a movie (especially those within am established franchise) will come along that I will go and see regardless. I'm pretty sure Die Hard is one of them, just because of Bruce Willis. I do trust Empire and other critics, but you can't argue against box office...
Maybe we just shouldn't give sequels and major hollywood movies a rating, instead use an acronym like STIYDCAQ (See This If You Don't Care About Quality) or just the word Meh...

Whistler -> (19/2/2013 11:12:30 AM)

Die Hard was inevitably going to start really strong because, you know, it's Die Hard. But I think now that the word has spread about how rubbish it is it'll slide down pretty quickly.

dvddave -> I do not listen to the critics (19/2/2013 2:47:09 PM)

I have just come back from watching the new die hard film and I am not shy to say I actually enjoyed it. Yea it was not as good as the earlier films but it is still and enjoyable romp. Despite being a 12a there is a fiar bit of blood splatters and swearing. With the money it is genarating it shows there is a strong fan base and who can blame them, Willis has managed to create an iconic character

Phubbs -> RE: I do not listen to the critics (20/2/2013 4:44:16 AM)

Obviously it would get the top spot, most big things do in the US.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI