2013 Oscar Nominees Profiled: Best Picture (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> 2013 Oscar Nominees Profiled: Best Picture (15/2/2013 3:51:34 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Mr Gittes -> Difficult to see, the future is (15/2/2013 3:51:34 PM)

I've never known an Oscar season quite like this one, in my time anyway. The praise seems pretty much spread across all the nominees. If Affleck had been nominated for Directing, then it wouldn't be so hard to say, but for the first time I'm left unable to even guess what's going to win the Best Pic Oscar.

BenTramer -> (15/2/2013 8:32:20 PM)

This year's Oscars is The Bossy Women Oscars - Jessica Chastain in Zero Dark Thirty, Sally Field in Lincoln and Helen Mirren in Hitchcock. They feature in feminist revisions of history saying that Abraham Lincoln, Alfred Hitchcock and Seal Team Six couldn't have done anything without female help. Hmm, dubious.

dinarobin -> (16/2/2013 1:02:44 AM)

Bossy Women? Dear oh dear, Ben...

EEdwards56 -> (16/2/2013 7:04:47 AM)

I think ZERO DARK THIRTY should win (but Bigelow didn't get a nomination for Director)- LINCOLN will win.

bill the butcher -> DON'T MAKE ME FU***** SICK (16/2/2013 12:23:42 PM)

LINCOLN is stomach turning propaganda

rob_devitt -> RE: DON'T MAKE ME FU***** SICK (18/2/2013 4:48:25 AM)

Wow. Pretty strong reaction there. Could you expand on the stomach churing propaganda?

DancingClown -> RE: (18/2/2013 7:48:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

This year's Oscars is The Bossy Women Oscars - Jessica Chastain in Zero Dark Thirty, Sally Field in Lincoln and Helen Mirren in Hitchcock. They feature in feminist revisions of history saying that Abraham Lincoln, Alfred Hitchcock and Seal Team Six couldn't have done anything without female help. Hmm, dubious.

Yeah, bloody women exerting influence and power in a patriarchal world, how dare they!!!!! Know your place, ladies, no-one listens to you! Stop trying to be assertive!! Don't be so flipping bossy.

Jesus Wept.

MonsterCat -> RE: (18/2/2013 1:23:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

But it is a fact that Mirren's character was the rock upon which Hitchcock would lean, and there were many, many women involved in the hunt for Osama bin Laden.

So yeah, women serve just as much purpose as men in the realms of intelligence gathering and the entertainment business. Yeah, shocking I know.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI