Dean Norris Heads Under The Dome (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Dean Norris Heads Under The Dome (15/2/2013 7:28:43 AM)

Post your comments on this article

MarDev -> (15/2/2013 7:28:44 AM)

Under The Dome is one of the worst books Stephen King has ever written. Only slightly better than Cell. Really can't get excited about this. I predict only one season before it gets cancelled. And what the hell is up with Spielberg? He will attach his name to any old crap recently. Really devalues any expectation of quality with an association to this garbage. Hope I'm wrong but the source material is a turkey.

purplegnome -> (15/2/2013 7:53:15 AM)

sorry got to disagree with MARVDEV under the dome brilliant book granted the ending was a huge letdown but the rest really enjoyable as for the cell hurry up and make that film loved the book but most of all PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE FIND A WAY TO DO THE DARK TOWER SERIES OF BOOKS

purplegnome -> (15/2/2013 7:55:04 AM)

sorry got to disagree with MARVDEV under the dome brilliant book granted the ending was a huge letdown but the rest really enjoyable as for the cell hurry up and make that film loved the book but most of all PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE FIND A WAY TO DO THE DARK TOWER SERIES OF BOOKS

bradcam72 -> Can you hear... (15/2/2013 8:56:25 AM)

The Simpsons theme played by Green Day? Before you say anything I know King tried to write it in the 70s but gave up.

Simon124 -> RE: (15/2/2013 5:59:17 PM)

Is was King trying to be classic King, and in a certain way I feel he succeeded. I read that he was convalescing from his accident at the time of writing, so, the story was a bit long but the characters were familiar to me and I think it could work as a mini series, but why this and not The Stand?
BTW, second season? Have you READ the ending?

DancingClown -> RE: (15/2/2013 6:39:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarDev

Under The Dome is one of the worst books Stephen King has ever written. Only slightly better than Cell. Really can't get excited about this. I predict only one season before it gets cancelled. And what the hell is up with Spielberg? He will attach his name to any old crap recently. Really devalues any expectation of quality with an association to this garbage. Hope I'm wrong but the source material is a turkey.

Utter horseshit. It was his best novel in years.

DancingClown -> RE: RE: (15/2/2013 6:40:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Simon124

Is was King trying to be classic King, and in a certain way I feel he succeeded. I read that he was convalescing from his accident at the time of writing,

That was Dreamcatcher. Although in a sense he's always been convalescing since the accident.

Simon124 -> RE: RE: (15/2/2013 7:22:16 PM)

I stand corrected, although this is the first one of any merit I've read since Dreamcatcher, he has been struggling to recreate that 'Derry, Maine' world again and I think UTD was his best shot yet, even if it were started before the Simpsons Movie (also recognised in a later episode) But do you think this is the best one to invest in for a possible full season?

DancingClown -> RE: RE: (15/2/2013 7:51:19 PM)

I really don't know. I mean the sheer volume of characters there are in the book could help sustain a single season and it's bursting with cliff-hanger drama. But where would Season 1 end? That's what's confusing me. It's not the kind of story that can run and run, considering how it ends. But a great casting choice for Dean Norris as Big Jim.

Simon124 -> RE: RE: (15/2/2013 7:58:14 PM)

Great casting for Dean, hearing that I can't help but think of Harry Dean Stanton as another character, but maybe I'm saying too much!

MarDev -> RE: RE: (15/2/2013 8:17:05 PM)

If you think that was Stephen king firing on all cylinders, maybe you should stick to reading Twilight or Harry Potter. King has been jerking off since the mid nineties. This show will suck the root.

Simon124 -> RE: RE: (15/2/2013 8:46:16 PM)

Bad form to post during Voyager man, but no, it's not his best, but not his worst either, as I said, The Stand would make a better series

DancingClown -> RE: RE: (15/2/2013 8:50:37 PM)

quote:

If you think that was Stephen king firing on all cylinders, maybe you should stick to reading Twilight or Harry Potter. King has been jerking off since the mid nineties. This show will suck the root.

I read neither Twilight nor Harry Potter. Stupid thing to say.

Myles Mac -> king is a genius. (16/2/2013 1:13:45 PM)

The idea that King has been "jerking off since the mid nineties" is utterly ridiculous! In the last ten years he has written some of his most incredible work.
Under the dome is a wonderful character driven piece, and I'm glad they've not decided to go down the mini series route with it, but think a one season run of 13 episodes should be more than enough to tell the story. A second or third season would be stretching the tale too thin, and would doubtless contain new and superfluous plot lines.

Myles Mac -> (16/2/2013 1:16:21 PM)

And the Stephen King adaptation I'd loved to see would be David Lynch adapting "Lisey's Story".

horribleives -> RE: RE: (20/2/2013 7:06:21 AM)

quote:

Out of interest, have you read his most recent, 11/22/63? Because I'm yet to meet a King fan who doesn't agree it's one of his best novels yet. And it also has the most perfect ending he's written since Pet Sematary.
The novella collection that preceded it (Full Dark, No Stars) was horrifically brilliant too (and equally well-received by hardcore fans).
I'm looking forward to this series anyway. Great casting too, though like others have said, I'm a bit confused as to how it could go on for more than one season.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI