10 Die Hard Movies That Aren’t Die Hard Movies (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> 10 Die Hard Movies That Aren’t Die Hard Movies (14/2/2013 12:08:32 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Normal Control -> Die Hard on a... (14/2/2013 12:08:32 PM)

Cliffhanger, Speed, and Under Siege are all brilliant action movies in their own right, and hardly clones of Die Hard. To be fair, the bit on Speed acknowledges this.

Weren't Die Hard 2 and 3 (maybe 4 too, trying to forget it) based on scripts or source material that had nothing to do with the McClane character originally?

The 'Die Hard on a...' stuff always seemed like redundant lazy journalism whenever I heard this comment describing another action movie.

rogerebert -> RE: Die Hard on a... (14/2/2013 1:26:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Normal Control

Cliffhanger, Speed, and Under Siege are all brilliant action movies in their own right, and hardly clones of Die Hard. To be fair, the bit on Speed acknowledges this.

Weren't Die Hard 2 and 3 (maybe 4 too, trying to forget it) based on scripts or source material that had nothing to do with the McClane character originally?

The 'Die Hard on a...' stuff always seemed like redundant lazy journalism whenever I heard this comment describing another action movie.

Normally yeah but there is a Die Hard movie out this week (although many will beg to differ)

Total Film has a similar feature but their insistence on doing "50 films..." lists makes it virtually unreadable.

Osric -> RE: Die Hard on a... (14/2/2013 2:07:42 PM)

quote:

Cliffhanger... and Under Siege are all brilliant action movies in their own right, and hardly clones of Die Hard.

C'mon are you serious?! They're *absolutely* following the Die Hard formula.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Die Hard on a... (14/2/2013 2:38:29 PM)

quote:

It's true, though. After Die Hard, there were hundreds of pitches to writers and producers of 'Die Hard on a '. Under Siege and Cliffhanger are absolute examples of this. It's something that actually happened, it's not just lazy journalism.

One mistake I noticed in this article was the entry for Sudden Death.....it was a woman in a penguin suit that Van Damme fought, not a man. [:D]

Hans Zharkov -> Roy Rogers (14/2/2013 9:03:45 PM)

Woah woah hang on there, lazy journalism my ironside! This is first class quality action movie tracking. That Double Team gets a side mention (yes its shit but has Paul Freeman in it) shows the heavy research this journo went to to bring us this often amusing trip back through the kind of action films guranteed to be shown on 8 hour bus journeys on a continent of one's choosing... Nice refs to the Directors

TPM007 -> The Rock and Air Force One (14/2/2013 9:49:27 PM)

Let's not forget 'The Rock' as being Die Hard...in an abandoned prison island.

Also, I certainly would have put Harrison Ford's classic version of Die Hard... on a plane over 'Passenger 57', rather than sticking it in the 'See Also:' section...

rob_devitt -> Great line (15/2/2013 1:15:11 AM)

"Point Blank is not to be confused with the Lee Marvin film of the same name. Because it’s shit." Love it!

spark1 -> Die Hard On.... (15/2/2013 10:14:41 AM)

think 'sudden death' is underrated-has one of my fave chief villain death scene at the end.
'executive decision' and 'air force one' are my fave DH on a plane movies.

BenTramer -> Fly Hard = Air Force One, Executive Decision (15/2/2013 6:33:04 PM)

DIe Hard and Play Misty For Me are among the most ripped-off movies in history (you could add in Halloween also). Fatal Attraction ripped off Play Misty For Me and the floodgates opened. That Andrew Dice Clay movie I've never heard of, it's got a great cast though and I bet you could get it on Amazon for 27p if it's available at all from ShitHouse Films Distributors (it's a bigger shock that Clay was still making movies in '95).

Normal Control -> DH5? (18/2/2013 9:32:19 PM)

Seems AGDTDH tried to imitate a Die Hard movie but couldn't quite cut it.

Not that I've seen it, or want to.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI