Unfair that subscribers get special cover mags!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine

Superman_AMUK -> Unfair that subscribers get special cover mags!!! (11/2/2013 12:45:07 PM)

Hi Guys

I have bought the Empire mag every single month for years and years
Without fail i can't remember missing a copy for maybe the last 7 years.
I'm pretty upset as being a massive Superman fan for as long as i can remember only people who subscribe their copy's online get the Special Superman copy of the Man of steel edition with just superman and no writing on the cover.

I would love love love this and after i have given Empire over the years
Alot of my hard earned cash and i think its so unfair that people can just subscribe just to get a copy of that edition and real fans of Superman and fans of Empire are getting disregarded...I'm really disappointed

Brundlesflies -> RE: Unfair that subscribers get special cover mags!!! (11/2/2013 1:05:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Superman_AMUK

Hi Guys

I have bought the Empire mag every single month for years and years
Without fail i can't remember missing a copy for maybe the last 7 years.

I'm pretty upset as being a massive Superman fan for as long as i can remember only people who subscribe their copy's online get the Special Superman copy of the Man of steel edition with just superman and no writing on the cover.

I would love love love this and after i have given Empire over the years
Alot of my hard earned cash and i think its so unfair that people can just subscribe just to get a copy of that edition and real fans of Superman and fans of Empire are getting disregarded...I'm really disappointed

This might be a tad left-field ideas wise, but have you ever considered, I don't know, say, subscribing? Work's out a lot cheaper over all and, as a bonus, every so often they do special subscriber-only issues [;)]

Helen OHara -> RE: Unfair that subscribers get special cover mags!!! (11/2/2013 1:06:14 PM)

Hi there,

Well, if you buy every issue you'd save money by subscribing AND get the special covers, so honestly that would be my solution to your problem. I don't think it's unfair to give subscribers exclusive covers at all; they're the people we know buy the mag every issue, and it's nice to be able to reward them in some way.

Superman_AMUK -> RE: Unfair that subscribers get special cover mags!!! (11/2/2013 2:40:43 PM)

I enjoy buying my Magazines monthly as i can afford to get a few treats
Each month one being the Empire mag.
As i get paid Monthly i have bills to pay and can't just pay 30 quid in one go
I also Like to support my local shop and buy it from them too.

I really love the Empire Mag And would love that man of steel special
I just find it hard to subscribe to something i buy anyway.
And i like to be able to get my copy when i please.

Sorry to be a pain...I love the Empire...Just a bit miffed :( xx

AxlReznor -> RE: Unfair that subscribers get special cover mags!!! (12/2/2013 8:26:31 AM)

We all have bills to pay, man. And I assume we all get paid monthly, too. 30 a year isn't really that much.
If you're not willing to pay it, and get the magazine before it's on shelves for a cheaper overall price than buying them individually, then what can I say? You're not going to be getting that cover, so you can stop crying about it. [;)]

Helen OHara -> RE: Unfair that subscribers get special cover mags!!! (13/2/2013 4:05:28 PM)

If you really feel you can't subscribe, you could ask other forumites to swap or donate their subs covers. But if anything subscribing would save you money overall if you could manage it in the short term.

Dave Oz -> RE: Unfair that subscribers get special cover mags!!! (16/2/2013 11:26:46 PM)

I'm the opposite. I'm a subscriber of nearly 10 years and I'd like one of the normal issues (with the writing, etc) instead of the plain image covers! [:)]

d4nugster -> RE: Unfair that subscribers get special cover mags!!! (17/2/2013 8:15:26 AM)

i subscribe through a local importer here in the philippines. do you send those special covers here too or its just the generic ones?

rich -> RE: Unfair that subscribers get special cover mags!!! (20/2/2013 12:42:48 PM)

Since the entire point of exclusive covers is a marketing tactic to pull in more subscribers, I doubt this is going to change. It's cheaper anyway as people have noted, guaranteed readers etc.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI