Kevin Costner (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs

Magneto -> Kevin Costner (10/2/2013 10:03:57 PM)

Well I've just finished watching Dances With Wolves which was terrific. One of a clutch of films from Costner which were outstanding in the late 80's early 90's culminating in what's for me the best film ever made in JFK.

BAK N 2 THE LEFF!!!

Anyway, after his career stalled following Waterworld (I liked it) I've spotted him in the Man of Steel trailer. I hope to see him in better productions going forward, he's a brilliant actor IMO and he really should have made the 90's his own along with Tom Hanks.

Any thoughts on his work and MOS role?

P.S How many post's are required for an avatar?

Willy Wood -> RE: Kevin Costner (17/2/2013 10:48:33 AM)

Difficult with Costner, he's certainly made a few duff film choices and dropped from the scene somewhat, MOS might get him noticed again, perhaps a revival aka Martin Sheen is in order, popping up in good secondary roles.

Mister Coe -> RE: Kevin Costner (21/2/2013 12:22:09 AM)

I agree that Costner is due a career revival.

And it's been said before but I'll say it again... THE POSTMAN is a much better film than its reputation suggests...

joysingh -> RE: Kevin Costner (11/3/2013 8:41:37 AM)

quote:

Kevin Costner

Kevin Michael Costner is an American actor, singer, musician, producer, director, and businessman. He has won two Academy Awards, three Golden Globe Awards, and one Emmy Award, and has been nominated for three BAFTA Awards.

Mister Coe -> RE: Kevin Costner (14/3/2013 8:45:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: joysingh

quote:

Kevin Costner

Kevin Michael Costner is an American actor, singer, musician, producer, director, and businessman. He has won two Academy Awards, three Golden Globe Awards, and one Emmy Award, and has been nominated for three BAFTA Awards.

Um, cheers for that mate.

directorscut -> RE: Kevin Costner (15/3/2013 12:42:49 AM)

Well he hasn't just got Man of Steel coming up, he's also in Jack Ryan. Hopefully two big profile gigs that will get him back into the spotlight this year.

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Kevin Costner (15/3/2013 1:08:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

I agree that Costner is due a career revival.

And it's been said before but I'll say it again... THE POSTMAN is a much better film than its reputation suggests...

Loved The Postman, have to watch it every time it's on TV....

snapper78 -> RE: Kevin Costner (25/5/2013 10:56:41 AM)

My two best Kevin Costner films are from the start of his golden period:

Field of Dreams - the It's A Wonderful Life of the 80's and possibly where MOS may be channelling Kev's american everyman performance from.

The Untouchables - Costner, Connery and DeNiro in one of the best Gangster films since the 1960's!

Hood_Man -> RE: Kevin Costner (25/5/2013 5:15:44 PM)

His delivery of "You are my son!" in the Man of Steel trailer makes me wish he was my dad [:(]

UTB -> RE: Kevin Costner (29/5/2013 9:56:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: snapper78

My two best Kevin Costner films are from the start of his golden period:

Field of Dreams - the It's A Wonderful Life of the 80's and possibly where MOS may be channelling Kev's american everyman performance from.

The Untouchables - Costner, Connery and DeNiro in one of the best Gangster films since the 1960's!

Never understood the love for The Untouchables but Field Of Dreams is a huge fave of mine, tis the perfect sick day movie.

Mister Coe -> RE: Kevin Costner (31/5/2013 10:08:11 PM)

I'm also gonna throw in some love for JFK... yes, I know that a historically accurate film, much of it is, shall we say, 'embellished', but it's a bloody gripping watch.

Also, AMERICAN FLYERS... cheesy as hell, but one from the 80's that I've always got time for...

superdan -> RE: Kevin Costner (2/6/2013 5:59:28 PM)

Oh, poor Mr Costner. He tries so hard.

Ref -> RE: Kevin Costner (20/6/2013 3:54:06 PM)

One of my favourite films of his is The Field of Dreams, but a contender (for his acting abilities) now must surely be Man of Steel. He was so frigging good in that film, so well acted - well done, Sir.

[sm=worship.gif]

Mister Coe -> RE: Kevin Costner (20/6/2013 10:06:45 PM)

I just watched REVENGE, a rather forgotten Tony Scott early-90's classic where Costner plays a blinder... he's so good in this film.

If you don't believe me, ask a certain Mr Tarentino... he really rates this film.

Dannybohy -> RE: Kevin Costner (24/6/2013 10:02:43 AM)

JFK is masterclass and Mr Brooks was one of his best roles in recent times. He also steels every short scene in MoS and is woefully underused, the only likable character.

ElephantBoy -> RE: Kevin Costner (24/6/2013 10:40:09 PM)

The Untouchables and Bull Dulham are my Costner highlights. Solid actor mostly.

Pandora -> RE: Kevin Costner (1/8/2013 7:55:04 AM)

Seeing Kevin Costner in MOS was like a journey into the past for me. I was such a fan in the 90's and had a Robin Hood poster on my bedroom wall.[sm=08.gif] (Later on, I had to admit that Alan Rickman completely stole the show in that movie.)

I could also see that Kevin could start a second career playing other people's dads or father figures. Nobody gets younger...

Jasper123 -> RE: Kevin Costner (12/8/2013 9:00:39 AM)

I Like KC, done far more good films that bad, and I also think Waterworld wasn't the worst film ever.

EMT82 -> RE: Kevin Costner (20/11/2013 8:27:44 PM)

On of my favorite actors.
He played in some bad movies, but i still like him.

King of Kafiristan -> RE: Kevin Costner (22/11/2013 4:47:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Willy Wood

Difficult with Costner, he's certainly made a few duff film choices and dropped from the scene somewhat, MOS might get him noticed again, perhaps a revival aka Martin Sheen is in order, popping up in good secondary roles.

JFK is in my book certainly the best film of the 90s, and the best edited film of all time. A masterwork.

Costner is the real deal. A great actor, but a true movie star. Something about his face, his voice, just screams 'quiet decency'. I'm not a fan of Man of Steel, but did he ever class up that joint. Best part of the film by a mile.

Also, it needs to be said, he's an excellent director. Dances With Wolves is truly an unforgettable film, and Open Range, the little seen western he made back in 2003, is actually one of the best examples of the genre not only in decades, but all time.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI