AntiViral - Weird New Film (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

SarahBanks195 -> AntiViral - Weird New Film (5/2/2013 3:32:16 PM)

Anyone heard of this film Antiviral?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8wkFu4Lin0#

Its based on like vampires, and celebrity obsession etc and yeah it looks really weird to me but also quite interesting

ElephantBoy -> RE: AntiViral - Weird New Film (10/2/2013 9:56:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SarahBanks195

Its based on like vampires, and celebrity obsession etc and yeah it looks really weird to me but also quite interesting

No was going to see it last night, but didn't in the end. Its from David Cronenberg's son and for that alone I would like to see it[:)]

elab49 -> RE: AntiViral - Weird New Film (15/2/2013 8:56:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

quote:

People made that mistake before and went to see Surveillance [:D]
No was going to see it last night, but didn't in the end. Its from David Cronenberg's son and for that alone I would like to see it[:)]

Mysticalunicornfart -> RE: AntiViral - Weird New Film (15/2/2013 10:33:12 AM)

Yeah. Been wanting to see it for close to a year now. Love the ambiguity of the teaser and the cinematography looks stellar.

UTB -> RE: AntiViral - Weird New Film (15/2/2013 10:45:45 AM)

I saw it at the Prince Charles Cinema a couple of weeks ago and for the large part enjoyed it.

Caleb Jones was utterly brilliant and such an atypical leading man who gives a very intense performance.

The film itself i pretty twisted and whilst there are a couple of Croneberg Snr moments, it was far less melodramatic than any of his output (not that melodrama is a bad thing, of course). It reminded me more of German thrillers like Antibodies - clinical and quietly brooding.

It's a tad too long, however - there's a peak around two thirds of the way through followed by a lull, followed by a second build up but by then the audience I saw it with seemed pretty resless.

A terrific debut, and the (2nd) ending is deliciously twisted indeed.

Its out on DVD here now (no blu ray for some reason, will have to go Region A)

Mysticalunicornfart -> RE: AntiViral - Weird New Film (15/2/2013 11:34:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

I saw it at the Prince Charles Cinema a couple of weeks ago and for the large part enjoyed it.

Caleb Jones was utterly brilliant and such an atypical leading man who gives a very intense performance.

The film itself i pretty twisted and whilst there are a couple of Croneberg Snr moments, it was far less melodramatic than any of his output (not that melodrama is a bad thing, of course). It reminded me more of German thrillers like Antibodies - clinical and quietly brooding.

It's a tad too long, however - there's a peak around two thirds of the way through followed by a lull, followed by a second build up but by then the audience I saw it with seemed pretty resless.

A terrific debut, and the (2nd) ending is deliciously twisted indeed.

Its out on DVD here now (no blu ray for some reason, will have to go Region A)

Great to hear. Plus, I'm jealous.. Netflix doesn't want to tell me when they're coughing it up.

ElephantBoy -> RE: AntiViral - Weird New Film (16/2/2013 6:14:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

quote:

People made that mistake before and went to see Surveillance [:D]

I know but this one has got much better reviews, besides I would give a Jennifer Lynch film a watch too[sm=wub.gif]

UTB -> RE: AntiViral - Weird New Film (16/2/2013 10:16:00 PM)

Surveillance was a great little flick too, loved the twists and turns. That's reminded me I need to get this on Blu!

ElephantBoy -> RE: AntiViral - Weird New Film (17/2/2013 2:32:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

Surveillance was a great little flick too, loved the twists and turns. That's reminded me I need to get this on Blu!

I am going to start at the begining with Boxing Heleina, its the worse film ever right?[;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI