Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (4/2/2013 7:34:47 PM)

With news breaking today that Renny Harlin will be helming Millenium's 70Mil Hercules 3D i couldn't be more delighted. Harlin has long been one of my favourite action directors and this is fantastic news. I'm so glad he has scored another huge gig!

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (4/2/2013 7:36:21 PM)

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/director-renny-harlin-to-tackle-hercules-3d-now-competing-with-brett-ratners-film

azzman1984 -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (16/8/2013 8:53:43 AM)

quote:

Hercules 3D will be the first of two unrelated Hercules films next year and it's being helmed by Die Hard 2 director Renny Harlin. We spoke with Harlin about the film, which was shot in the same facilities in Bulgaria as Zack Snyder's 300, and he elaborated on its story as well as what we can expect from its star Kellan Lutz.

"The action is really big and fun, but at the heart of it all is a great love story. This is an origin story, that introduces him to people who might not know who Hercules is or it's for those who have a cartoon-y idea of who he is, carrying around big things"

Having previously described the film as being more like Ridley Scott's Gladiator than "flying horses," Harlin elaborated on the film's story a little more, and reinforced that idea.

"This is the story of a young man who comes to terms with who he is and how he has much more responsibility. His father is Zeus and his mother was mortal, and he has a much bigger mission in his life. It's about fulfilling your destiny and responsibilities. It's an epic adventure story and he wants to be reunited with this girl who was ripped away from him. We have some amazing actors. You're going to see Kellan Lutz in a way you've never seen. It's just a big scale story and I'm excited to show the world next spring."

Harlin concluded that the film is currnetly in post production and he will deliver his cut of the movie in six weeks.

Hercules 3D is written by Sean Hood and Hanna Weg with a cast that also includes Gaia Weiss, Scott Adkins, and "Spartacus" star Liam McIntyre. It is targeting a March 2014 release.

UPDATE: CraveOnline also spoke today with Harlin and learned that the film will include one elaborate sequence that runs for six minutes without cutting away.

I have a battle scene that lasts six minutes that is all one shot, Harlin told the site. [It] covers a sea battle and ground battle and hand to hand combat and sword fighting, spears and bows and arrows and flying boulders, all done in one shot that never cuts. Ill give you that spoiler. Thats one of the biggest shots Ive ever created. http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/178795-exclusive-renny-harlin-updates-on-hercules-3d

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (20/8/2013 1:56:50 PM)

This sounds awesome, i can't wait!

sharkboy -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (22/8/2013 12:13:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: azzman1984

"This is the story of a young man who comes to terms with who he is and how he has much more responsibility. His father is Zeus and his mother was mortal, and he has a much bigger mission in his life. It's about fulfilling your destiny and responsibilities. It's an epic adventure story and he wants to be reunited with this girl who was ripped away from him. We have some amazing actors. You're going to see Kellan Lutz in a way you've never seen. It's just a big scale story and I'm excited to show the world next spring."

Now, I like Harlin as a director.. I think he's got a good eye for the big action set-piece and has a pretty decent pedigree with action movies to date. I also like the idea of seeing Hercules' tale on the big screen. But isn't the above basically the plot of Clash of the Titans? [:)]

UTB -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (22/8/2013 5:13:59 PM)

Lets hope its vintage Harlin and not recent-gashville Harlin.

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (29/8/2013 1:59:53 PM)

I dunno, 5 Days of War was pretty good and 12 Rounds is a good action movie.

NCC1701A -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (29/8/2013 3:35:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

12 Rounds was a awesome action film. Have you seen the sequel yet ?.

azzman1984 -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (2/9/2013 11:29:21 PM)

Hercules 3D is been renamed Hercules - The Legend Begins https://www.facebook.com/herculesthelegendbegins

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (10/9/2013 10:11:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

quote:

Not yet mate, is that with Randy Orton? Have you seen it?

NCC1701A -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (11/9/2013 7:46:35 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not yet pal I just remember reading about it, I don't think it's out yet over here.

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (11/9/2013 9:09:12 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not yet pal I just remember reading about it, I don't think it's out yet over here.

Ah fair enough. I have low expectations as this one is lacking Harlin in the directors chair.

azzman1984 -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (13/10/2013 9:36:38 PM)

Heres the first trailer for Hercules : The Legend Begins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBq1AupSrLI

rich -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (13/10/2013 11:27:15 PM)

So... they do know that Hercules isn't a Roman Empire period character right?

Looks awful [&:]

MonsterCat -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (14/10/2013 12:51:55 AM)

Maybe it's just the trailer doing a poor job but it does look like 300 remade by Uwe Boll. [:D]

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (14/10/2013 2:00:14 PM)

Trailer looks great, Scott Adkins looks and sounds fantastic in it too! Excitement piqued. Hope the 3D will be good.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (15/10/2013 1:31:17 AM)

Looks a bit shit and shockingly cheap. A certain Mr Johnson and Mr Ratner are going to win the battle of the Hercules movies, I imagine.

MonsterCat -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (15/10/2013 1:38:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Looks a bit shit and shockingly cheap. A certain Mr Johnson and Mr Ratner are going to win the battle of the Hercules movies, I imagine.

Imagine Brett Ratner actually besting someone. Just fucking imagine that! Fucking Brett Ratner.

matty_b -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (15/10/2013 8:38:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

imagine fucking Brett Ratner.

MonsterCat -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (15/10/2013 12:46:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

imagine fucking Brett Ratner.

I knew either you or Rawlinson would jump on that. [:D]

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (15/10/2013 1:42:01 PM)

quote:

Well they're doing their best with a limited budget, wheras Ratner will have a huge budget

Shifty Bench -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (19/10/2013 6:27:58 PM)

quote:

quote:

Imagine Brett Ratner actually besting someone. Just fucking imagine that! Fucking Brett Ratner.

Ha. I actually think him besting someone would be awesome. And I don't even like Brett Ratner. I'd just find it funny.

quote:

Well they're doing their best with a limited budget, wheras Ratner will have a huge budget

Not sure what that means, bigger budgets don't mean better movies. Harlin's film has every chance of being the better film but I just think it looks shit. Plus, Ratner has The Rock, that charismatic bugger automatically makes everything better, he just oozes likeability and cool. Ratner's film will be more fun anyway with The Rock in it and going by this.

rich -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (19/10/2013 11:23:40 PM)

There are ways to use a low budget. This isn't it.

Scott_ -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (20/10/2013 6:35:27 PM)

Looks terrible and Scott Adkins isn't even kicking anybody in the face.

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (6/1/2014 1:58:47 PM)

Not sure if this is getting a UK cinema release, would be interested to know.

azzman1984 -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (10/1/2014 10:51:59 PM)

The Legend of Hercules is currently 3% rotten after 37 reviews so far, that's bad!! http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_legend_of_hercules/

MonsterCat -> RE: Renny Harlin's Hercules 3D (11/1/2014 1:11:51 PM)

I am Jack's total lack of surprise.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI