Official statement? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

DarthMaxxx -> Official statement? (25/1/2013 11:01:00 AM)

Have Disney commented yet?

Paddy Kieran -> meh...I was hoping for better.e.g. Nolan/Shnyder (25/1/2013 11:01:52 AM)

His mission impossible was boring, wasted good actors there with touchy feely story...Lost was the biggest mind rape of my life, I hate him (and the other guy) for that...Super 8 was ok and his Star Trek was good he should stick to that...IMDB has him down for doing this...I'm disappointed, hope he proves me wrong

Hillsman -> A Perfect Match (25/1/2013 11:16:34 AM)

I'm really excited about this now - just needs to keep Lucas out of the way!!

mirjam_f -> (25/1/2013 11:21:00 AM)

I went with the wookie answer in the poll because I don't know what I think. I really like Abram's work and think his Star Trek is amazing. But I probably would have been more excited if he hadn't done ST, if that makes sense. I'm just concerned they might be too similar and I love both SW (except I,II,III) and ST. On the other hand his take on SW could be fantastic too so I'll reserve judgement until I've seen the (rumoured) end result.

HighwayJoe -> This is good news (25/1/2013 11:24:23 AM)

The man knows his SciFi, and he sold me on his non-Shatner/Nimoy/Kelley Star Trek universe. I don't even care about lens flare. Bring it on. If ships can make noise in space in all the original SW movies, then there can be lens flare, right? Sincerely hope this doesn't turn out to be a huge rumour, or that he backs down.

Stryder -> Perfect! (25/1/2013 11:38:42 AM)

Absolutely great choice! My opinion is it needs to be fresh talent and someone from the new wave of directors ie; Abrahams, Singer etc. I'll admit im a a big JJ fan, but i think a fresh approach and using of new talent etc is definitely the way they should and will go with it. Directors like Abrahams and Singer are basically heir to the Lucas and Spielberg empire and let's be honest Super 8 has pretty much made Abrahams Spielberg's new protege. So as well as being proven great director's in their own right and in Abraham's case proven in sci-fi as well, they are the perfect choice in style as well as substance because of the reverance they hold for their idols film-making style and most ironically as Star Wars fans. If all goes well and the script is good, Abrahams could pull this off brilliantly :)

MusicLovesYou -> For me, it was down to two people... (25/1/2013 11:54:51 AM)

Joss Whedon or JJ Abrams. If Joss ends up looking at the second or third installments, I think we'll end up with something pretty special on our hands.

brent71195 -> I'm not one (25/1/2013 12:00:05 PM)

...for posting on forums regarding news stories, but this has definately whetted my appetite. I seem to remember Abrams commenting that he was a huge SW fan back when he got the Star Trek gig, some of the imagery of the Enterprise, e.g. rising up out of a Planet's atmosphere towards the end of the film was pure Millenium Falcon inspired i thought.
This appears to be all coming together now on the Star Wars front, all we need now is Joe Johnston to get the Boba Fett gig and i'll be made up.

Tootled -> Good news (25/1/2013 12:11:37 PM)

Hopefully this will mean he won't be making a third Star Trek film.

AxlReznor -> RE: For me, it was down to two people... (25/1/2013 12:37:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MusicLovesYou

Joss Whedon or JJ Abrams. If Joss ends up looking at the second or third installments, I think we'll end up with something pretty special on our hands.

Joss Whedon was a logistical impossibility. He's already committed to The Avengers 2 to be released in the same summer. No one's going to be able to get two blockbuster movies made at the same time.

stevos -> A solid if unimaginative choice (25/1/2013 12:37:44 PM)

Would have preferred an up-and-comer with some fresh ideas!

AxlReznor -> RE: Good for ep7 but get Nolan for ep8 (25/1/2013 12:39:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tonetalk

Abrams will do a good job of reinvigorating the series with episode 7 but I wouldn't want him to shoot the whole new sequence. One of the best things about the original trilogy is the mix of directors and a huge reason for the failure of 1 to 3 was Lucas' decision to direct them all himself. Even after the horror that was the prequels, expectations will be massive. Let's hope that Mr A will deliver.

That's a big NO to Nolan ever doing a Star Wars film. He's a great director, but the fantastical world of Star Wars is not suited to a director who likes to ground his movies in some sort of reality.

Countlopez -> Ugh (25/1/2013 12:50:02 PM)

Simon Pegg as a Sith. Enough said.

Dannybohy -> RE: Ugh (25/1/2013 12:58:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Countlopez

Simon Pegg as a Sith. Enough said.

This also mean we will definitely see Luke back to show a younger version of himself the error of his ways. Awesome

BelfastBoy -> RE: Ugh (25/1/2013 1:00:41 PM)

Did Abrams ever commit to 3 Star Trek films? If not, why can't he do Star Wars? He doesn't seem to sleep or stop at all! Yes, he's revitalised Star Trek from a near-terminal state, so why not leave that franchise to others and grab Star Wars with both hands?

Nicky C -> Utter lack of imagination on Disney's part. (25/1/2013 1:12:52 PM)

Put it this way, if Joss Whedon signed on to Justice League I'd be equally disappointed with Warner and DC. It's not that I don't think Abrams is great because I do, but come on Disney, it's not good enough to look over at the other table and say "I'll have what they're having" as if Abrams is the new go-to guy for space adventure after 1 success and 1 sequel that's not even been released yet. That is conservative to the point of being backward, and you know it but you don't care because you have no soul.

kielerkai -> Good news, everyone! (25/1/2013 2:29:43 PM)

In fact, excellent news! After the Disney-Lucasfilm deal I was fearing that the studio would go for a hack like Ratner, so this is great news, indeed!

haranjen -> Borrrrr - ing! (25/1/2013 4:47:38 PM)

I think the guys great, never made a bad film yet... but what a boring choice on the behalf of the producers if this is true. It's like a widower marrying his dead wife's sister.

hallbags -> FLIP FLOP! (25/1/2013 5:06:34 PM)

Love how the headline has changed from "JJ ABRAMS DIRECTING SATR WARS VII!" to "JJ Abrams Directing Star Wars VII?"

Vampire_Hermit -> (25/1/2013 5:19:16 PM)

Kelvin Skywalker?

davidharriswilson -> Father Abrams (25/1/2013 6:24:26 PM)

Going to be good, and no Smurfahontas!

DanielThorin -> HE COULD DO IT (?) (25/1/2013 6:35:11 PM)

Poor JJ Abrams, if he fails then all the Star Wars fan community will hate him :( Let's just hope he sticks to the core of the movies and makes something awesome!

breakism -> well... (25/1/2013 6:38:54 PM)

Re: OPEN YOUR EYES 1 cameo or 3, I don't care. So long as he can smooth one trilogy into another, i'll be happy. I liked the idea of Matt Reeves or Neill Blomkamp directing. Maybe Ep VIII?!

zeech1941 -> (25/1/2013 7:14:40 PM)

I have a good feeling about this. Did you see what I did....I swapped bad for good paying homage to the classic....aw forget it, those who know, know.

Cool Breeze -> Doesn't seem right.. (25/1/2013 7:19:57 PM)

I like JJ, but having him in charge of both Trek and Wars sounds as wrong as Joss Whedon making both Avengers AND Justice League.What next? Is JJ gonna reboot Babylon 5 as well?

blindfold -> The LINDELOF Factor (26/1/2013 12:13:35 AM)

Oh God PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep Damon Lindelof away from this! i know he want's it and has a Star Wars T-Shirt pasted to his body, but please please don't let him near it!

Whistler -> RE: Star Trek ??? (26/1/2013 10:43:32 AM)

I'm not precious with Star Wars at all, but he's a great choice in my eyes. Although I just hope this doesn't mean he forgets about Star Trek because I really enjoyed his reboot, and the ten minutes of Into Darkness I saw looked incredible.

I do also wonder if Simon Pegg will be in it. One would assume he would be, being such a huge fan of the original trilogy, his previous work with JJ and his appearance in The Clone Wars, but he really hates the prequels so I wonder if he would want to take the risk. It would be quite embarrassing if they sucked but this time he had to defend them...

But what responsibility Abrams now has, helming two major franchises and producing another. It's pretty damn impressive.

TJD -> Star Trek and now Star Wars! (26/1/2013 1:08:16 PM)

Any other classic sci-fi films would you like to remake Mr Abrams? 2001 a space Odyssey? Back to the future? Blade Runner? Alien? The Terminator?

rich -> JJ Abrams confirmed for Star Wars VII (26/1/2013 1:22:46 PM)

Seriously, the bar is set so amazingly low that any director would be an improvement. Their choice is pretty decent, lets hope the writing is also good.

Private Hudson -> JJ is OK (26/1/2013 5:12:27 PM)

I'd rather have JJ Abrams than Joss Whedon who was responsible for the abominable Alien: Resurrection, which people seem to forget.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI