JJ Abrams Directing Star Wars VII! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> JJ Abrams Directing Star Wars VII! (24/1/2013 11:00:37 PM)

Post your comments on this article

xantheman -> Yayyyyyy! (24/1/2013 11:00:37 PM)

Whatever else people say, Super 8 conveyed the feeling of that era. The feel is te most important thing with Star Wars.

peter -> Got a title now too... (24/1/2013 11:10:03 PM)

Star Wars Episode VII: The Lens Flare Strikes Back

garymakin -> LOL (24/1/2013 11:13:19 PM)

The haters are going to go apepoop.

badblokebob -> RE: JJ Abrams Directing Star Wars VII! (24/1/2013 11:19:24 PM)

Headline: Abrams definitely directing Star Wars!
Subheader: Maybe!
Paragraph 1: The rumours are over! Abrams is rumoured to be directing Star Wars!

Good story.

breakism -> Oooh... (24/1/2013 11:19:41 PM)

Good choice. Minimal cheese and more on the action I hope. Get the Ford, Fisher and Hamill doing cameos and i'm in. Yep.

jackcarter -> similar to Singer (24/1/2013 11:20:53 PM)

Fascinating

breakism -> Oooh... (24/1/2013 11:25:23 PM)

Good choice. Minimal cheese and more on the action I hope. Get the Ford, Fisher and Hamill doing cameos and i'm in. Yep.

LaughingNabashin -> (24/1/2013 11:25:52 PM)

£10 says that Empire is writing a feature article about this as we speak. Looking forward to it guys!

99intheshade -> (24/1/2013 11:33:37 PM)

Love the lens flare comment, Peter. Excellent choice though, however, I still think a Fincher SW movie would be a thing of beauty.

IIHERACLES -> What about Star Trek? (24/1/2013 11:34:45 PM)

What about Star Trek?
It's time that got some enlightenment. Let it grow. I presume he won't continue with that franchise once he has done with into darkness. Star Wars had its shot and its over. Everyone in the whole world will go why they making it? Oh my god it's by Disney wouldn't there. Typical pub talk shite. They wont know who JJ is. One of best filmmakers in the world. In terms of character emotion and story in everything he has done. Of course ill see it still. Just star trek needs time to breath.J.J Abrams your the next Spielberg. And the Internet is going to explode on you.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Oooh... (24/1/2013 11:35:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: breakism

Oh god no!!
maybe one..at a stretch.But not all three.

Two things J.J Abrams must and possibly will do.
1.Dont listen to George Lucas
2.Dont list to Fans.

AutoBarn -> Mind=Blown (25/1/2013 12:41:14 AM)

Return of the J.J?

Or J.J. Binks!?!?

BenTramer -> Star Wars VII: The Wrath Of Jar Jar (25/1/2013 1:00:34 AM)

So J.J. Abrams is the chosen one, eh? A good choice. Whoever they picked couldn't do much worse than George Lucas did on the Star Wars prequels anyway. Disney will get it right. Surprised how many big names ruled themselves out of this, including Abrams. It's a once-in-a-lifetime gig.

carlrogers22 -> RE: Star Wars VII: The Wrath Of Jar Jar (25/1/2013 2:51:26 AM)

So, Anakin (Lucas) was turned to the dark side by Senator Palpatine (Disney), who wants to replace Anakin (Lucas) with Luke Skywalker (JJ):

Int. Disney's throne room:

Anakin (Lucas): Give yourself to the dark side, it is the only way to save the franchise.

Luke (JJ): . . .

Anakin (Lucas): Your thoughts betray you, now Steven Spielbergs failure is complete. If you will not turn to the dark side, perhaps Zack Snyder will.

Luke (JJ): Nooooo!

Senator Palpatine (Disney): Good! Your ability to make a good Sci-fi film has made you powerful. Fulfill your destiny and take your place behind the camera.

Luke (JJ): Never! I'll never turn to the dark side. Just kidding, May the lens flare be with you!

Scruffybobby -> RE: Star Wars VII: (25/1/2013 6:30:45 AM)

Well this is encouraging news - although it probably means we won't get to see a third JJ Abrams Trek in 2016(which I was kinda hoping would happen). Abrams has proved he can do big space opera with Star trek and Into Darkness looks brilliant.

I'm pretty much sold on this

iain99 -> I approve of this rumour (25/1/2013 6:57:35 AM)

How much lens flare are we going to get from two suns? Doesn't bear thinking about. Other than that, if confirmed, great choice

kittybinks -> The Force Is Strong With him (25/1/2013 7:10:30 AM)

Having someone like JJ at the helm I feel confident that Star Wars will rise from the ashes to enjoy the glory of the heyday of Empire and not the ignominy that is Phantom!

remmy604 -> JJ Abrams for Star Wars VIII? (25/1/2013 7:57:50 AM)

Best news I've heard all year To have JJ at the helm you can be guaranteed the film won't disappoint. All hail to the master himself. We kneel before JJ and and cry in one voice - "May the force be with you!!"

AxlReznor -> RE: JJ Abrams for Star Wars VIII? (25/1/2013 8:06:53 AM)

I foresee Star Trek fans choking on whatever it is they're eating and drinking over this news.
He's a great choice, though. One of the best in the field at the moment, and a huge fan, too.

Nexus Wookie -> RE: JJ Abrams for Star Wars VIII? (25/1/2013 9:03:29 AM)

I remember a while ago ( i think it was in the Star Wars thread) saying how i'd love to see J.J Abrams do a Star Wars film, well it looks like Disney took note of that! [:D]

Abram's is a solid director, nearly all his inputs thus far have been brilliant, so i know it'll be in safe hands. Also, he reminds me of Bryan Singer when he was at his prime (with Usual Suspects and both X-Men films).

Nexus Wookie -> RE: JJ Abrams for Star Wars VIII? (25/1/2013 9:06:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

I foresee Star Trek fans choking on whatever it is they're eating and drinking over this news.
He's a great choice, though. One of the best in the field at the moment, and a huge fan, too.

I dunno. Maybe the hardcore fans yes. But i think most would be excited with the news (as i was, although i love both Star Trek and Star Wars!).

tonetalk -> Good for ep7 but get Nolan for ep8 (25/1/2013 9:13:05 AM)

Abrams will do a good job of reinvigorating the series with episode 7 but I wouldn't want him to shoot the whole new sequence. One of the best things about the original trilogy is the mix of directors and a huge reason for the failure of 1 to 3 was Lucas' decision to direct them all himself. Even after the horror that was the prequels, expectations will be massive. Let's hope that Mr A will deliver.

Dannybohy -> RE: JJ Abrams Directing Star Wars VII! (25/1/2013 9:31:37 AM)

Its all good!

DarthMaxxx -> RE: Yayyyyyy! (25/1/2013 9:44:32 AM)

True, it felt like an 80s movie.

I'm man enough to admit I enjoyed the prequels, but with 3 separate entities (writer, producer, director) these sequels could be not just enjoyable, but great. I'm not going to George bash here, because I believe the man's a genius, but I think it all started going wrong for Lucasfilm with the introduction of Rick McCallum, no smoke without fire....

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Good for ep7 but get Nolan for ep8 (25/1/2013 9:47:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tonetalk

Abrams will do a good job of reinvigorating the series with episode 7 but I wouldn't want him to shoot the whole new sequence. One of the best things about the original trilogy is the mix of directors and a huge reason for the failure of 1 to 3 was Lucas' decision to direct them all himself. Even after the horror that was the prequels, expectations will be massive. Let's hope that Mr A will deliver.

Yeah Lucas' decision to shoot the prequels - all three of them - was a poor one. He should've gone the route of the originals and got other directors to have a chance to tell it their way. For example, if Lucas had shot Empire instead of Kershner it would've been a much different film. Kershner had to fight with Lucas to keep some of the changes and ideas he suggested; "i love you" - "i know" being a case in point. Lucas didn't like it but Irvin Kershner argued otherwise, now look - its one of the most memorable moments in the film (beside others). I feel if we had different directors working on the prequels we maybe would've seen something different. I always wondered what would happen if a director like Abrams, Del Toro or even Singer were to take charge of directing a Star Wars film, well luckily now i'll know!

Dannybohy -> RE: Good for ep7 but get Nolan for ep8 (25/1/2013 10:00:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: tonetalk

Yeah Lucas' decision to shoot the prequels - all three of them - was a poor one. He should've gone the route of the originals and got other directors to have a chance to tell it their way. For example, if Lucas had shot Empire instead of Kershner it would've been a much different film. Kershner had to fight with Lucas to keep some of the changes and ideas he suggested; "i love you" - "i know" being a case in point. Lucas didn't like it but Irvin Kershner argued otherwise, now look - its one of the most memorable moments in the film (beside others). I feel if we had different directors working on the prequels we maybe would've seen something different. I always wondered what would happen if a director like Abrams, Del Toro or even Singer were to take charge of directing a Star Wars film, well luckily now i'll know!

[image]http://somewhatmanlynerd.com/gifs/theofficemichaeljanface.gif[/image]

spark1 -> POV? (25/1/2013 10:19:55 AM)

the prequels faliures? not from my point of view.

good luck to j.j but spare us lens flare this time.

JamesMrVain -> JJ Rules (25/1/2013 10:26:55 AM)

Very excited about this news. I love JJ and the start trek film. (new one looks great too) I feel the franchise will be safe in his hands. And you cant say the prequels were that bad, They gave us the best film of the franchise. Revenge of the Sith. Best star wars movie anyday. Agree I hate phantom. But i liked clones enough. What is your order of fav's? mine from best to worst - 3,5,6,4,2,1

Gazzabrook -> Star Trek ??? (25/1/2013 10:27:44 AM)

I agree this is a good person for the job, but were does this leave Star Trek, was expecting at least 3 Treks adventures, may be we'll just have to wait awhile (or maybe he's good at multitasking) .

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.699707E-02