When someone changes your opinion. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

target -> When someone changes your opinion. (24/1/2013 8:43:45 PM)

So you enjoy a film.... then you watch a review or a parody video and they convince you the film you enjoyed is bad.

Is that a bad thing? I enjoyed Hunger Games then I watched this YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_mmvL4DlmY

And now I see how stupid the film was, but should I?

should i be A suborn fan-boy and keep my original opinion. or should i except the change?

Cool Breeze -> RE: When someone changes your opinion. (24/1/2013 11:17:41 PM)

Only you can answer the questions you ask here.You either like a film or you dont.

Hood_Man -> RE: When someone changes your opinion. (25/1/2013 11:29:12 AM)

No one will ever convince me that Highlander 2 is a bad film.

Dannybohy -> RE: When someone changes your opinion. (25/1/2013 12:07:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: target

So you enjoy a film.... then you watch a review or a parody video and they convince you the film you enjoyed is bad.

Is that a bad thing? I enjoyed Hunger Games then I watched this YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_mmvL4DlmY

should i be A suborn fan-boy and keep my original opinion. or should i except the change?

I guess being really into LotR and then watching the infamous ' How it should of ended' animations on Youtube!!, brilliant!. I still watch the trilogy annually mind you! but cant help thinking this large eagles could of easily just dropped the ring into the mountain lava and saved everyone a lot of walking

Your not wrong to change your opinion of Hunger games, its complete crap!! Go watch Battle Royal instead if you want to watch children killing each other. Or you could just turn on the news!

Dannybohy -> RE: When someone changes your opinion. (25/1/2013 12:08:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Id have a fucking good go!!

If i could be bothered!.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: When someone changes your opinion. (27/1/2013 2:03:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: target

I started to watch that and got two minutes in before realising that the guy was incredibly annoying, and turned it off. Far more annoying than the film ever was. I liked the film.

sanchia -> RE: When someone changes your opinion. (27/1/2013 2:09:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Can they convince you it is an awful film instead? [;)]

Darth Marenghi -> RE: When someone changes your opinion. (27/1/2013 2:09:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

I guess being really into LotR and then watching the infamous ' How it should of ended' animations on Youtube!!, brilliant!. I still watch the trilogy annually mind you! but cant help thinking this large eagles could of easily just dropped the ring into the mountain lava and saved everyone a lot of walking

People always come out with this one, but wouldn't Sauron's big old eye see the eagles flying to the mountain?

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: When someone changes your opinion. (27/1/2013 2:14:43 PM)

I watched a parody of Melancholia recently,Melancholia being one of my favourite films of the past 5 years,and I'll be lying if the parody didn't irk me.

Yes,I know that sounds precious but hey-ho.[:D]

giggity -> RE: When someone changes your opinion. (27/1/2013 2:58:23 PM)

Going the opposite way, back in 2004 when I first saw Hellboy I didn't enjoy it because I was expecting a standard comic book film (Spiderman 2 being the top of the mountain of this at the time) so I thought it wasn't too great. Then a few years later I read something someone wrote about how Hellboy was less a superhero comic book film and something more along the lines of Men In Black and Ghostbusters, I re-watched it again with this approach in mind and I enjoyed it more.

AxlReznor -> RE: When someone changes your opinion. (27/1/2013 5:18:04 PM)

It's important to consider that only a Hobbit was able to take the ring on that journey and not be completely corrupted by it. Nobody knows why Hobbits are so resilient against the effects of the ring, or where they even came from, but they are... it only partially corrupted Bilbo after he had it for over 60 years. Yet a few weeks in its vicinity was enough to send Boromir mad, for example.

Hood_Man -> RE: When someone changes your opinion. (27/1/2013 6:57:36 PM)

quote:

Id have a fucking good go!!

If i could be bothered!.

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia
Can they convince you it is an awful film instead? [;)]

See? Not convinced [:D]

Dannybohy -> RE: When someone changes your opinion. (28/1/2013 3:48:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

People always come out with this one, but wouldn't Sauron's big old eye see the eagles flying to the mountain?

yeh! buts its just a spot light!! whats he going to do? blind them? or send those flying nasghoul thingys!! which the Eagles clearly owned anyways!. The fecking moth was so big it could of dropped the ring in without being seen!!.

Dannybohy -> RE: When someone changes your opinion. (28/1/2013 3:51:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

It's important to consider that only a Hobbit was able to take the ring on that journey and not be completely corrupted by it. Nobody knows why Hobbits are so resilient against the effects of the ring, or where they even came from, but they are... it only partially corrupted Bilbo after he had it for over 60 years. Yet a few weeks in its vicinity was enough to send Boromir mad, for example.

So , the eagles would have gone mental? which would actually of been great to watch. What about Frodo riding on the eagle!?. Would the eagle still feel its presence and pick the hobbit to death!

Spiked -> RE: When someone changes your opinion. (3/2/2013 12:17:13 AM)

People can bring a film up for me, more so than bringing it down.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI