HBO Launches Masters Of The Air (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> HBO Launches Masters Of The Air (20/1/2013 6:58:21 PM)

Post your comments on this article

davidrobbo -> (20/1/2013 6:58:21 PM)

I wonder if we can convince Messrs Spielberg and Hanks to acknowledge in this series that the US in fact didn't win the entire Second World War all by themselves?! That gripe aside, I'll be awaiting this one with much anticipation

Sentinel11 -> (20/1/2013 7:06:37 PM)

change the record. I'm almost entirely certain that both Spielberg and Hanks know that the US didn't win the entire Second World War all by themselves, but as americans I am understanding of their decision to depict their home nation's involvement over all others.
I think the issue is less 'why do american studios/directors/producers never focus only on American involvement in world war two?' and more 'why aren't BRITISH studios/directors/producers interested in presenting the British struggle on a scale like this?' I'm aware the BBC did something on Dunkirk a few years back but the quality was laughable.

darkarius -> RE: (20/1/2013 8:38:01 PM)

You've just answered your own question my friend. 'The quality was laughable'. British productions don't have the budget to pull off stuff like Spielberg/Hanks.

davidrobbo -> RE: (21/1/2013 1:08:38 AM)

isn't 'change the record' a strange response to someone who has never uttered a word of complaint about the issue before?!

Sentinel11 -> RE: RE: (21/1/2013 1:48:34 AM)

poor choice of words. But it's an incredibly tired argument that I've seen crop up time and time again.

ultimate definitions -> Wicked news! (21/1/2013 9:48:30 AM)

I just finished watching the Pacific (3rd time) and I'm pleased to hear another series is moving forward. Would have preferred that it focus on the Vietnam War but hey i'm not gonna complain too much.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI