What Richard Did (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

SarahBanks195 -> What Richard Did (16/1/2013 3:38:11 PM)

Has anyone seen What Richard Did? As I saw this review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uURMPJBxdXI

And I'm still trying to work out what happens/it is about, as it looks quite good, but I want to know more about it

losthighway -> RE: What Richard Did (17/1/2013 11:35:51 AM)

It's based on a novel, which was based on a true story although i'm not sure if the outcome of the film mirrors reality.

It's about an educated, middle-class teenager who kicks a peer to death during a drunken brawl over a spat about his girlfriend. Essentially the film is the lead upto the incident and the feelings of guilt following. I won't ruin the ending for you just in case you do see it. Basically, the lead actor has received a lot of praise and critics have commented about how it's presenting middle-class teens realistically rather than the usual youth with issues we get in films like Kidulthood/Ill Manors.

Tbh, I found it rather slow and boring at times and the ending infuriating which is why i'd be intrigued to know if it's a fictional/factual conclusion. It's an OK film but will probably work better on DVD.

It's a 3/5 film at best.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI