MGM Sets Up New Ben Hur (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> MGM Sets Up New Ben Hur (15/1/2013 10:31:54 AM)

Post your comments on this article

chris wootton -> I wonder (15/1/2013 10:31:54 AM)

In this day and age if biblical movies will make any money. I just can't see a massive audience for these films any more.

Frank Comiskey -> FLASHMAN (15/1/2013 5:38:14 PM)

See how quickly this sinks if Noah tanks - all the same, providing that they have good script, and remember that General Wallace envisaged, 'A Tale of Christ', this is an interesting idea; have long thought that Michael Fassbender would make a wonderful Messala and CGI would do an extraordinary chariot scene; but, knowing that the race it is not being done for real (previously by Yannuk Canutt), would it be as thrilling??????????

sifter132 -> RE: I wonder (16/1/2013 8:52:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris wootton

In this day and age if biblical movies will make any money. I just can't see a massive audience for these films any more.

It's an interesting dynamic. You want it faithful enough that Christians will see it, and with enough difference and 'hook' so that anyone else will see it. Passion of the Christ did pretty well, managed to get both groups.

Frank Comiskey -> FLASHMAN (18/1/2013 10:45:22 AM)

This tale of fallen grace, struggle, redemption, spectacle, religion and humanity needs an Oscar winning director with a proven track record in swords/sandals and has specific personal beliefs, and badly needs something to prove, (like, a hit)...............who in the world better than Mr Mel Gibson??????????????

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI