Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (12/1/2013 10:24:27 AM)

According to Joblo.com

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/a-good-day-to-die-hard-will-be-rated

musht -> RE: Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (12/1/2013 1:16:09 PM)

Please let this be true!!! [sm=51.gif]

jackcarter -> RE: Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (12/1/2013 4:22:50 PM)

more than likely be 15 over here - just like 4.0![:D]

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (13/1/2013 4:10:57 PM)

sadly that will probably be the case!

musht -> RE: Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (13/1/2013 4:18:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

sadly that will probably be the case!

15 is still better than a 12A. Weren't 2 and 3 15, I think 3 is definitely 15

rich -> RE: Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (13/1/2013 4:48:03 PM)

Number 2 is still an 18. The 3rd I don't know, I mean they cut a lot of it after all.

DancingClown -> RE: Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (13/1/2013 5:34:36 PM)

Die Harder was originally rated 15 in cinemas. Uncut is 18. Very 18.

Why does this have to be rated 18 to be any good? While I don't want it to skimp on the action I'm hoping for a good script more than anything else. And besides, the acceptability threshold for stuff in 15 rated movies has definitely broadened in recent years.

UTB -> RE: Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (13/1/2013 6:36:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Why does this have to be rated 18 to be any good?

Exactly. The only things that seem to be rated these days 18 are torture horror or films with excessive sexual violence. Neither of which would be welcome in a Die Hard film.

rich -> RE: Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (13/1/2013 7:04:36 PM)

Well people got upset that they cut the "motherfucker" last time. It's a reassurance / marketing ploy

UTB -> RE: Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (13/1/2013 7:11:20 PM)

True. You'll need a few cunts for an 18 though.

directorscut -> RE: Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (13/1/2013 7:12:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Die Harder was originally rated 15 in cinemas. Uncut is 18. Very 18.

Why does this have to be rated 18 to be any good? While I don't want it to skimp on the action I'm hoping for a good script more than anything else. And besides, the acceptability threshold for stuff in 15 rated movies has definitely broadened in recent years.

[sm=happy07.gif][sm=happy07.gif][sm=happy07.gif]

paulyboy -> RE: Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (14/1/2013 10:22:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackcarter

4.0 was a 12A dude, unless you're counting the uncut DVD release.

It's mildy encouraging news overall, but I won't hold my breath. The R rating is a fairly broad all encompassing certificate these days, Terminator 3 was rated R, but still scraped a 12A here.

It would be nice to know if they were aiming for this all along or if it's just something the MPAA slapped them with and they can't be arsed to contest it.

Wild about Wilder -> RE: Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (14/1/2013 12:08:26 PM)

YES![sm=love01.gif] Please be true.[sm=51.gif]

jackcarter -> RE: Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (14/1/2013 1:10:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

quote:

It's mildy encouraging news overall, but I won't hold my breath. The R rating is a fairly broad all encompassing certificate these days, Terminator 3 was rated R, but still scraped a 12A here.

It would be nice to know if they were aiming for this all along or if it's just something the MPAA slapped them with and they can't be arsed to contest it.

the PG13 DH4.0 was 15 in cinemas (as was the dvd 'R' cut with the added swear words/CG blood) - just like AvP which was PG13 in the states but 15 over here (same for the harder dvd cut)

Super Hans -> RE: Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (14/1/2013 1:38:26 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

quote:

the PG13 DH4.0 was 15 in cinemas (as was the dvd 'R' cut with the added swear words/CG blood) - just like AvP which was PG13 in the states but 15 over here (same for the harder dvd cut)

I thought 4.0 was a weird one - from what I remember of it (never felt compelled to watch it a second time) there was no way it should have been a 15. Felt very much like a 12A, toned down Die Hard where they'd probably slipped in somethting subtle to make it get a 15 to placate all those of us who were complaining about it being watered down! Sounds a bit conspirocy theory-ish I know, but it was definitely one of the most mild modern 15s I've seen![:D]

Not that I expect a Die Hard film to be extremely violent for the sake of it, but the first three films are notable for their hard, 'proper 80s action film' violence and profanity - the latter also contributing to the humour and the John McClane character overall.

Dannybohy -> RE: Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (14/1/2013 3:07:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

True. You'll need a few cunts for an 18 though.

Sounds more like a comment on casting!

Cool Breeze -> RE: Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (14/1/2013 3:32:35 PM)

Good news overall.Especially since the '' harder '' cut of DH4 is far superior to the theatrical version.I think its because this is a febuary release is because its getting the R rating wheras last time, In the summer of 2007, it was a more competitive marketplace going up against the likes of Transformers which was most likely the reason for the PG rating.

jackcarter -> RE: Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (14/1/2013 3:42:56 PM)

also its probably due to Prometheus being R (and still doing good BO) as well as stuff like Expendables 1/2, (think Arnies Last Stand will also be R) plus remembering how angry fans were with the PG13 ratings for DH4, AvP and T4

paulyboy -> RE: Good Day to Die Hard rated R! (14/1/2013 6:51:42 PM)

quote:

the PG13 DH4.0 was 15 in cinemas

Was it? I must be losing my marbles! Apologies, I double checked the BBFC website before posting originally and the first result up was a "Feature" classification rated at 12, so went from there. The "Film" classification was buried in the results further down. Not sure what that "Feature" rating is, something to do with the audio description version after looking at the full details maybe, it's not overly clear.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI