Oscar Nominations 2013 Announced! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Oscar Nominations 2013 Announced! (10/1/2013 2:01:47 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Hawros -> Affleck (10/1/2013 2:01:47 PM)

I'm surprised Ben Affleck's got no love in the Best Director category, but happy that Beasts of the Southern Wild has got so much recognition.

AxlReznor -> RE: Affleck (10/1/2013 2:02:26 PM)

Yeah... *leaves thread*

DancingClown -> RE: Affleck (10/1/2013 2:10:02 PM)

Agree about Affleck. But at least it seems like the running is wide open this year, with no obvious winners.

the_driver -> The Master (10/1/2013 2:13:42 PM)

I understand it is decisive but the lack of original screenplay or best cinematography nods is just wrong. BEST OF 2012

kisswithatear -> Best Actress (10/1/2013 2:18:02 PM)

Can we talk about that please? Because to me, its one of the most interesting categories in years. Jessica Chastain is a front runner but at the same time even seeing Naomi Watts in there makes me happy and seeing Quvenzhané Wallis and Emmanuelle Riva is amazing for diversity. Even if its JUST for diversity they're all amazing. Not sure about Jennifer Lawrence but besides that a very strong category!

ChesterCopperpot -> Best Actress... (10/1/2013 2:22:24 PM)

...should really already be Riva's. She is frankly astonishing in Amour and if there was any justice she'd win (as would Amour for Best Picture). However, the Oscars being the Oscars, she probably won't.

jackcarter -> RE: no DKR? (10/1/2013 2:23:01 PM)

no TDKR?...wow

dubster -> Cloud Atlas robbed (10/1/2013 2:25:06 PM)

The editing and makeup in Cloud Atlas are outright winners.
To not even get a nomination is an absolute joke.

kcbranaghsgirl -> Best Director (10/1/2013 2:28:55 PM)

This is the wackiest year for director nominees that I can recall - only two carryovers from the DGA field. I'm slightly surprised at Hooper's omission, but if anyone was going to give way for David O. Russell, it was going to be him. Kathryn Bigelow's omission is outright shocking, and the snub of Ben Affleck? Words fail me. I was really pulling for him, and thought it would be his year. His track record as a director is, frankly, flawless.

Deviation -> RE: Best Actress (10/1/2013 2:32:21 PM)

Some of it leaves me disappointed, but that is an incredibly strong list of nominations, with Best Director being the slightly disappointing.

Hundeboell -> Disappointed (10/1/2013 2:40:26 PM)

Why is Les Miserables nominated for best picture? There have been made greater movies in 2012 than that movie. Dark Knight Rises, Skyfall, Looper, Moonrise Kingdom are some of the movies which I would have preferred.

Hundeboell -> Disappointed (10/1/2013 2:42:46 PM)

Why is Les Miserables nominated for best picture? There have been made greater movies in 2012 than that movie. Dark Knight Rises, Skyfall, Looper, Moonrise Kingdom are some of the movies which I would have preferred.

Whistler -> Oscars 2013 (10/1/2013 2:43:32 PM)

It's odd that Amour is nominated for Best Picture and Best Foreign Film. It can't win both, can it?

I would have liked to see Ben Affleck for Best Director as well, and Sam Mendes should have been shown some love, but otherwise it's a pretty solid list of noms.

garvielloken -> RE: Disappointed (10/1/2013 2:44:10 PM)

There's some very good and worthy nominees in there, I just wish Don Hertzfeldt got some recognition for It's Such a Beautiful Day.

Coyleone -> (10/1/2013 2:45:29 PM)

So much better than the BAFTA nominations! Very strong films overall, especially with the inclusion of BOTSW in three great categories which is unexpected but amazing because it deserves it. No Holy Motors for best foreign film is disappointing, same with The Imposter not getting a nod for documentary. Actually pleasantly surprised with this overall.

Dannybohy -> RE: (10/1/2013 2:53:46 PM)

Naomi gets a nod for Impossible!! I'm happy.

Day-Lewis , well deserved too, my money is on that for best actor!.

JimmyThe Saint -> Skyfall snub (10/1/2013 2:59:57 PM)

Being a Scot, I am sorry that Ewan and that beautiful Scottish song from Brave weren’t nominated. But the biggest snub was Skyfall. In the year the Oscars are going to celebrate 50 years of Bond too. So much for Skyfall being the first Bond film to get major nominations. No Picture? No Director? It didn’t get any acting nods ether. Daniel might have been a bit of a push to be honest, as good as he was (No Bond is ever going to be up for Best Actor. Let’s face it). But no supporting nod for Javier Bardem or Judi Dench is a crime. At least Adele was nominated. It would be great if she won.

Deviation -> RE: Skyfall snub (10/1/2013 3:39:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JimmyThe Saint

Being a Scot, I am sorry that Ewan and that beautiful Scottish song from Brave werenít nominated. But the biggest snub was Skyfall. In the year the Oscars are going to celebrate 50 years of Bond too. So much for Skyfall being the first Bond film to get major nominations. No Picture? No Director? It didnít get any acting nods ether. Daniel might have been a bit of a push to be honest, as good as he was (No Bond is ever going to be up for Best Actor. Letís face it). But no supporting nod for Javier Bardem or Judi Dench is a crime. At least Adele was nominated. It would be great if she won.

It got some other technical stuff and Cinematography. No Bardem and Dench is a shame, but it already got more then almost Bond film has ever got.

Jamie_M -> Where's The Imposter? (10/1/2013 3:42:34 PM)

The Imposter gets no nomination for Best Documentary?? Come on, it was one of the best documentaries in years, 96% on Rotten Tomatoes, universally critically acclaimed and highly praised at Sundance, it deserved atleast a nomination, Oh well, atleast the BAFA'S nominated it.

garymakin -> Skyfail (10/1/2013 3:53:50 PM)

I don't think Skyfall deserves a Best Score nod - Best Song, maybe, but not best score (though it was fine).

norgizfox -> No TDKR (10/1/2013 4:04:32 PM)

HA, TDKR didn't get nominated for anything! I'm so glad. It was such an overrated film.

Judge -> (10/1/2013 4:23:35 PM)

Affleck can feel quite hard done by but he will get a nod one day if he keeps up this form.

Judge -> (10/1/2013 4:26:32 PM)

I've only just noticed... they have the option for ten bestpic noms but only chose nine. Where. The. Fuck. Is. The Master?!

Davross -> RE: (10/1/2013 4:36:08 PM)

The Master was the big snub here. Only 3 nominations (all acting ones) I suspect it was a little too 'arty' perhaps? Although it was never seriously in the running I thought Berberian Sound Studio should have been up there as well. Also John Hawkes didn't get a nom.
As for any complaints about Skyfall and TDKR they were not nominated because their plots were full of holes and as a result were not good enough.

Whistler -> RE: RE: (10/1/2013 4:38:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Davross

As for any complaints about Skyfall and TDKR they were not nominated because their plots were full of holes and as a result were not good enough.

Explain?

AxlReznor -> RE: RE: (10/1/2013 4:39:18 PM)

Their plots were only full of holes if you weren't paying attention/willing to do a little thinking for yourself.

Timbzy -> RE: No TDKR (10/1/2013 4:44:40 PM)

Bardem wasn't that great in Skyfall. Certainly not good enough for an Oscar.

theoriginalcynic -> RE: RE: (10/1/2013 4:51:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

Their plots were only full of holes if you weren't paying attention/willing to do a little thinking for yourself.

No DKR was full of plot holes.

theoriginalcynic -> RE: RE: (10/1/2013 4:51:59 PM)

Amy Adams better win this time! Fourth time lucky?

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI