RE: I dont get people at all... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Drew_231 -> RE: I dont get people at all... (10/1/2013 1:45:19 PM)

I will always be interested in a new Nolan film, but I find time travel such a dull and overused concept (one of the reasons I'v yet to see Looper)

The big sci-fi to keep an eye on is still Elysium for me, and I'd honestly rather see Nolan take on a slightly different genre

and what thrill do people get in constantly derailing threads? I cant understand that type of mindset, just so pointless

DancingClown -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 1:49:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

quote:

quote:

Here's me hoping the article was about him getting jettisoned into deep space forever...oh well

See [:D]

I'm not a Nolan fan-boy. But you're an irritating twat and a troll, the kind of poster that makes this forum a rotten and frustrating place to visit sometimes.

Of course you not! [:D] Why so serious then ?
Thanks for the new sig

Sig removed.

Now both please get back on the topic of discussing this news story.

I stand by my original post, although I apologise for the language. But I am not some kind of co-conspirator here, I am simply a normal (relatively) member of the forums getting fucked off by a troll.

I am rather excited by this news as I loved Inception. I was reluctant to share this opinion earlier for fear of getting trolled by some bastard and accused of being a fan-boy. See? That's the problem here.

Dannybohy -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 2:05:34 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Here's me hoping the article was about him getting jettisoned into deep space forever...oh well

See [:D]

I'm not a Nolan fan-boy. But you're an irritating twat and a troll, the kind of poster that makes this forum a rotten and frustrating place to visit sometimes.

Of course you not! [:D] Why so serious then ?
Thanks for the new sig

Sig removed.

Now both please get back on the topic of discussing this news story.

I stand by my original post, although I apologise for the language. But I am not some kind of co-conspirator here, I am simply a normal (relatively) member of the forums getting fucked off by a troll.

I am rather excited by this news as I loved Inception. I was reluctant to share this opinion earlier for fear of getting trolled by some bastard and accused of being a fan-boy. See? That's the problem here.

Actually I made a very small quip about the News title itself ! I hadnt trolled you nor at any point called you a fan-boy. Yourself and Disco (making you a co-conspirator) immediately began an extremely hurtful and abusive tirade against me which the mods have rightly edited.

I would personally prefer to see Nolan return to movies like Memento and not go near Sci-fi.

AxlReznor -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 2:06:40 PM)

I don't believe you were hurt. I believe you loved it...

shool -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 2:11:04 PM)

AND BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE!

You've both had your say. If you wish to discuss further, take it to PM's. Any further posts on this spat will be deleted.

superdan -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 2:13:26 PM)

quote:

I would personally prefer to see Nolan return to movies like Memento and not go near Sci-fi.

I disagree. I think with Inception he showed that he would be perfectly capable of making a good sci-fi movie (indeed, you could say that Inception is a good sci-fi movie).

AxlReznor -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 2:15:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

I disagree. I think with Inception he showed that he would be perfectly capable of making a good sci-fi movie (indeed, you could say that Inception is a good sci-fi movie).

Only if you wanted to be accurate. [;)]

In fact, if you want to be accurate you'd have to say that it's a great sci-fi movie, but some people might not want to stretch that far. [:D]

shool -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 2:17:03 PM)

quote:

quote:

I think Inception is a fantastic movie. I think this is a good choice for his next movie after TDKR which, for me, fell a little flat.

DancingClown -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 2:19:58 PM)

That's some nimble fingers you got there, School! If only you guys were that quick with deleting the trolls! [;)]

shool -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 2:21:35 PM)

quote:

This needs to be addressed before sanity can prevail.

This is certainly not the thread for it.

Why dont you start a discussion in the Nolan thread in Actos/Auteurs sub forum.

AxlReznor -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 2:22:20 PM)

God, no... that would be even worse.

DancingClown -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 2:26:33 PM)

I am very excited by the news in the original article.

Dannybohy -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 2:26:40 PM)

quote:

quote:

I would say it is a 'Nolan Sci-fi movie' and that's not a dig (apart from the shoddy choppy editing) In that he quite nicely weaves the 'Sci-fi' part (the machines that allow the dream state) into what is otherwise a decent psychological thriller.

Olaf -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 3:25:52 PM)

It pleases me that we live in a world where Kip Thorne shows up in an article about a major Hollywood blockbuster. THANK YOU BASED NOLAN/SPIELBERG/WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE.

waltham1979 -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 4:15:45 PM)

quote:

quote:

[sm=schild15.gif] Admittedly news threads would start getting a bit boring if we all just said how great Nolan was whenever their was a bit of news about him though surely?!

I miss Bat_Spider; his particular brand of inane sputum did amuse me [sm=whistle.gif]

AxlReznor -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 4:19:00 PM)

For the record, I think on this particular thread, DancingClown overreacted. I do, however, understand his frustration, considering Dannybohy's history of blatant trolling.
In any case, it's about time we move on. [;)]

DancingClown -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 4:37:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

quote:

quote:

[sm=schild15.gif] Admittedly news threads would start getting a bit boring if we all just said how great Nolan was whenever their was a bit of news about him though surely?!

Varying opinions on Nolan is not the point. The point was Dannybohy's specific behaviour throughout the boards and his trolling, most of which just happens to be Nolan-related. He's even trolling in his sig. Mine is not the frustrated reaction of a "Nolan fan-boy" as he would lazily suggest. It's just the reaction of a frustrated forumite. Maybe I blew up a little bit, but so what? His shit has gone beyond tedious.

As you were.

spideed2 -> RE: I dont get people at all... (10/1/2013 5:17:03 PM)

Odd how im in a 'jerk ciircle' now when I tried to put a balanced point across. I see now its much easier to edit things to suit my purposes, ignore context and personally wish death on people.

Anyway...what im wondering is, who is gonna lens this with no Pfister around?

AxlReznor -> RE: I dont get people at all... (10/1/2013 5:19:48 PM)

Ah... I hadn't thought of that. All of Nolan/Pfister's films together have had a really distinctive look. I can't even imagine a Nolan film without him at the moment. [&:]

Dannybohy -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 5:20:25 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

quote:

quote:

Varying opinions on Nolan is not the point. The point was Dannybohy's specific behaviour throughout the boards and his trolling, most of which just happens to be Nolan-related. He's even trolling in his sig. Mine is not the frustrated reaction of a "Nolan fan-boy" as he would lazily suggest. It's just the reaction of a frustrated forumite. Maybe I blew up a little bit, but so what? His shit has gone beyond tedious.

As you were.

So, if someone says the opposite of your opinion, they are trolling. Fuzzy logic. And my shit is surely only as tedious as some posters using every opportunity possible on every other thread to start gushing about Nolan, and you complain if you get some backlash (trolled) for it! give me a break. I never even addressed you in my first post but you decided to attack me. I also notice that when I do try to discuss Nolan in an orderly fashion you chose to completely ignore it!. Maybe this is the emotional behavior of a fan-boy? You could not blame one for thinking that way, although I have never actually called you a Nolan fan- boy, lazily or otherwise.

I accept that you overacted and I forgive you, lets move on.

I have edited my sig, it was just a bit of fun!...thats....fun

AxlReznor -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 5:25:40 PM)

Dude... there are people who don't even like his movies who have called you out for blatantly just trying to cause shit. Stop playing the victim.

Dannybohy -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 5:29:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

Dude... there are people who don't even like his movies who have called you out for blatantly just trying to cause shit. Stop playing the victim.

I dont attack people like what happened to me today guv!. Please leave me alone! I cant takes no more!

DancingClown -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (10/1/2013 6:26:47 PM)

quote:

So, if someone says the opposite of your opinion, they are trolling.

No. You're trolling if you constantly hijack threads to get attention. I couldn't give a shit about your actual opinion. It's your attitude, and your bizarre obsession with beating down people who love Nolan. Maybe some people do over-gush, but why do you think that gives you a license to troll? Your obsession with being anti-Nolan is just as myopic as anyone who fails to see flaws. I reacted to your post because I'm sick of your trolling, and so are many others. And we are not being fanboys, we just don't like to see the forums being ruined and exploited by people like yourself.

But I have decided to try and ignore you. Along with rapidly decreasing patience I'm also losing IQ points by 'conversing' with you.

But yeah, okay, whatever. Peace. I don't care anymore. I'm off to watch License To Troll.

natman_begins -> Just a thought (10/1/2013 7:07:02 PM)

I would really like to see Nolan remake Intacto.

ravagee -> RE: re dannybohy (10/1/2013 7:49:24 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: darktrain

bit of comedy or genuine hate for the guy?

Hey! I don't actually hate the guy, I just don't rate him. Nothing irrational about it
What is irrational is the idolization buy certain people which just deserves a constant beating, they are very vicious

How could you not even admire the guy? He's one of the most ground breaking directors of the past 10 years. Why? Because he creates film with actual stories and meanings. His films look flawless, technically they are beautiful and anyone who any concept of filmmaking will praise the amount of passion and thought that go into his work.

People idolise him because as a director he's actually producing films that people love and enjoy.

Who do you like? Michael Bay or M. Night Shyamalan?

ravagee -> RE: re dannybohy (10/1/2013 7:52:36 PM)

Also, why is suddenly cool to call someone a fanboy for liking something? LOL

It's like a terrible point in an argument.

chris kilby -> RE: I dont get people at all... (11/1/2013 12:55:36 AM)

Can't wait to see Nolan go Interstellar. A full-on Nolan space opera with laser cannons blazing would be really something.

And yes, I am an unapologetic Nolan fanboy (a derogatory badge I wear with pride), though not I hope an unenlightened or uncritical one. And I'll tell you why. Smart, grown-up and not afraid of real emotion, he is the action director I've been waiting my whole life for. I have always argued that gun fights, car chases and a brain don't have to be mutually exclusive. And unlike almost every other blockbuster director in Hollywood Nolan refuses to underestimate the intelligence of the audience which has paid off big time. He's a lot like Seven Moffat in that respect. (I'm frequently accused of being a Moffat fanboy or "apologist" too - like knowing quality when I see it is something to be ashamed of!)

Like Mark Kermode says, studios don't have any excuse any more to continue treating audiences like morons. Not when Nolan's films make more money than Michael Bay's. I think Nolan and his success is a real game-changer. Just look at the influence his mature approach to blockbuster film-making has had already - the last Bond film for a start. And look at just how many of his contemporaries queued up to sing his praises in EMPIRE last year.

I don't expect everyone to get down on their hands and knees and start praying at the altar of Nolan - I don't, so why should anyone else? But even if you don't like his films (too long, too ponderous, too pretentious - all valid criticisms) you can't deny the craft, skill and, above all, intelligence which goes into producing them. If you can't (or won't) see that, then... Well, I think that speaks for itself, don't you?

Dannybohy -> RE: re dannybohy (11/1/2013 9:19:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravagee

Also, why is suddenly cool to call someone a fanboy for liking something? LOL

It's like a terrible point in an argument.

You guys really got a bee in your bonnet about this whole fan-boy thing, your the only ones actually using the phrase. I make a one sentence flippant remark which pertains to not thinking much of Nolan (yeh we exist) and boom!! you guys go batshit crazy. While I don't care if someone doesn't like a director I'm into, and certainly wouldn't feel any need to defend anyone, negative remarks made on Nolan really does create an overblown and quite creepy response from the Cult of Nolan on here.

But hey , Carry on, this is all pure gold.

shool -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (11/1/2013 9:25:00 AM)

quote:

But I have decided to try and ignore you.

This is what the block button was invented for.

AxlReznor -> RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar (11/1/2013 9:38:04 AM)

quote:

quote:

But I have decided to try and ignore you.

This is what the block button was invented for.

The block button is for pussy's. [;)]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI