Guillermo Del Toro Enters Dark Universe (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Guillermo Del Toro Enters Dark Universe (8/1/2013 11:25:37 PM)

Post your comments on this article

chris kilby -> Interesting... (8/1/2013 11:25:37 PM)

Previous cack-handed adaptations of Swamp Thing and Constantine proved what tricky prospects these characters are movie-wise. But if anyone can get the Vertigo stable just right it's Del Toro. I'll believe it when I see it, mind. When it comes to announcing movies that don't happen, he's worse than Matthew Vaughn - they don't call him Benny The Bull for nothing!

(Paul Bettany for John Constantine, BTW. Could just be the breakthrough role he's been waiting for... )

spark1 -> Luke Goss (9/1/2013 10:14:23 AM)

i think del toro will use his 'blade'/''hellboy' villain as constantine.

chris kilby -> RE: Luke Goss (9/1/2013 12:32:21 PM)

When will he be famous...?

AxlReznor -> RE: Luke Goss (9/1/2013 12:35:26 PM)

I'd love to see a decent Hellblazer movie. Maybe that will be the first step in getting some of the more difficult projects (ie: The Sandman) off the ground, too.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Luke Goss (9/1/2013 12:44:01 PM)

Sandman's too vast for a film IMO. I'd prefer to see a proper fleshed out version of him on the small screen rather than a shitty condensed Hollywoodised version of him on the big screen. Unfortunately the budget required to bring the dreamworld to the small screen would be to prohibitive I fear.

I wonder if there's a chance Scott Snyder will be in any way involved with the writing of this. His work on Swamp Thing over the last year has been stunning. It's pretty unlikely though, he's got a pretty packed schedule these days I imagine.

AxlReznor -> RE: Luke Goss (9/1/2013 12:52:29 PM)

Yeah, Snyder's got both Superman and Batman now (he's just given up Swamp Thing, I believe). He's doing extraordinary work with Batman.

My ideal vision of The Sandman as movies would be an approach that Warner Bros. would probably be crazy to undertake, but I cling to hope.

chris kilby -> RE: Luke Goss (9/1/2013 12:53:17 PM)

Be funny/ironic if it was Alan Moore and he right royally fucked it up.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI