Second Pacific Rim Trailer Stomps In (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Second Pacific Rim Trailer Stomps In (8/1/2013 10:39:17 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Nicky C -> Oh JFC! (8/1/2013 10:39:17 AM)

That just looks fantastic.

BenTramer -> It's Transformers Vs Godzilla (8/1/2013 10:58:41 AM)

Hmm, this could be a lot of fun, Monsters Vs Robots.

burtbondy -> Del NoMore Is Overrated (8/1/2013 12:22:17 PM)

He hasn't made a good movie since Blade 2 and id argue thats his only good movie. This looks just like another crash, bang , wallop TFormers esque escapade.

waterboy -> It's Robot Jox vs Godzilla.... (8/1/2013 1:19:21 PM)

...what's not to like :D

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated (8/1/2013 1:47:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: burtbondy

He hasn't made a good movie since Blade 2 and id argue thats his only good movie. This looks just like another crash, bang , wallop TFormers esque escapade.

Damn![sm=34.gif]

warren7355 -> Spoilers? (8/1/2013 1:55:14 PM)

I know the trailer shows a damaged Gypsy Danger, but surely - 'Charlie Hunnam’s Raleigh Becket and Rinko Kikuchi’s Mako Mori, who must bring battle-damaged ‘bot Gypsy Danger to life in a desperate struggle for the future of mankind.' counts as a spoiler?!

AxlReznor -> RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated (8/1/2013 2:00:54 PM)

quote:

Your argument would fail as soon as Pan's Labyrinth is brought up. Not to mention the Hellboy movies and The Devil's Backbone. [;)]

jmebaby25 -> RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated (8/1/2013 2:01:37 PM)

quote:

Couldn't disagree more. Wasn't Blade 2 the one where the camera zoomed in on the virus and it was snarling? If so - yeah, I really disliked that film.

Other than that, I've enjoyed all of Del Toro's back catalogue. He nailed the Hellboy films. He's got a great visual style and those films really suited it. The Devil's Backbone and Pan's Labyrinth are both masterpieces. They're really terrific films. And whilst he was only a producer on the excellent "The Orphanage", that film had his fingerprints all over it.

That said, I'm not excited for Pacific Rim. I don't see much from the trailer to distinguish it from those awful Transformer films. The "cancel the apocalypse" line is awful.

However, a trailer isn't always a fair indication and Del Toro is nothing like Bay (thank goodness), so I'm still holding out hope on this, but the trailer hasn't convinced me.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated (8/1/2013 2:02:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

Your argument would fail as soon as Pan's Labyrinth is brought up. Not to mention the Hellboy movies and The Devil's Backbone. [;)]

And Cronos. Not keen on the Hellboy films myself (which is odd because I tend to like films with a strong visual style) but Pan's, Devil's and Cronos are all fantastic.

UTB -> RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated (8/1/2013 3:56:09 PM)

I love the Hellboy movies and all of GDT's output, though I am glad he stopped fannying about with hobbits. This looks like rollicking good popcorn fodder.

DancingClown -> RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated (8/1/2013 4:59:46 PM)

quote:

Utter horse-shit.

rich -> RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated (8/1/2013 5:15:23 PM)

quote:

He hasn't made a good movie since Blade 2 and id argue thats his only good movie

Hahahah! whaaaat?

AxlReznor -> RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated (8/1/2013 5:16:30 PM)

Just thought I'd add the "Del NoMore" is in no way the witty pun on the name del Toro that burtbondy obviously thinks it is. In case anyone was wondering...

rich -> RE: Pacific Rim Trailer 2 (8/1/2013 6:26:50 PM)

Isn't it just a massive typo?

burtbondy -> RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated (8/1/2013 11:44:59 PM)

quote:

Just thought I'd add the "Del NoMore" is in no way the witty pun on the name del Toro that burtbondy obviously thinks it is. In case anyone was wondering...

Il be the judge of that, not you. Pans is a shitfest that doesn't mesh together. Its Blade 2 or go home.

burtbondy -> RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated (8/1/2013 11:51:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

Utter horse-shit.

Del NoMore couldn't handle the creative burden of the Hobbit so checked out and remade Robot Jox instead.

MonsterCat -> RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated (8/1/2013 11:56:14 PM)

quote:

Del NoMore couldn't handle the creative burden of the Hobbit so checked out and remade Robot Jox instead.

Actually I believe he checked out because development of The Hobbit was getting held up in legal red tape and MGM's bankruptcy.

Crap pun by the way.

Deviation -> RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated (9/1/2013 1:23:32 AM)

quote:

quote:

Il be the judge of that, not you. Pans is a shitfest that doesn't mesh together. Its Blade 2 or go home.

What a well thought out criticism this is. Keep this up, you'll become the new Kael before everyone, including yourself, knows it.

DancingClown -> RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated (9/1/2013 7:38:12 AM)

quote:

quote:

Fuck off home then.

Dannybohy -> RE: Del NoMore Is Overrated (11/1/2013 2:53:00 PM)

looking at all his director duties. Id say Hellboy was his last decent movie, very closely followed by Blade 2.

Only just got a round to watching the second Rim job trailer!. Who wouldnt love the idea of massive robots fighting monsters, but the robots aren't very inspiring and neither are the Monsters they have shown. And the whole robots being thrown over the bypass and monsters attacking New york bridges is all cliche and done done and done. Still, I dont think its trying to be clever and it will be great to see on the big screen, just for shits and giggles ;)

HERMES_67 -> pacific rim (14/1/2013 10:41:57 PM)

giant robots and even more giant monsters; whats not to like. popcorn and hot dog are in the bag....

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.515625E-02