Never Mind the Buzzcocks (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Steffs -> Never Mind the Buzzcocks (13/3/2006 9:13:31 PM)

I haved just settle down to watch Never Mind the Buzzcocks when..........

Jonathan.********'ing Ross

Can't he leave any stone unturned, must he destroy yet another programme with is inane unfunny forced, dare i even call it humour.  I urge all, never to watch it again until he is REMOVED!!!!

Squall Katsuragi -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (13/3/2006 9:19:06 PM)

I avoided it because it had Fiona Phillips on it. Can't stand the woman![:@]

TobiasFunke -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (13/3/2006 9:24:16 PM)

I'm a big fan of Buzzcocks but I've given up watching tonight's show, as its suddenly become The Jonathon Ross Show. Its not enough that he bores us with his obsession with sex and talking about his family on his own show, but now he's polluted Buzzcocks too. I have the feeling Mark Lamarr has taken a year off just to make the viewers realise how good a host he is. Ross is craptastic.  Come back Mark, there's only one man with a bad haircut that should be hosting Buzzcocks and its you![:)]

Mr Grady -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (13/3/2006 9:28:43 PM)

I happen to think Wossy is funny as fuck.  And is welcome on my telly anytime.

Sundance -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (13/3/2006 9:45:12 PM)

Relax, he was only on for this week. And he was actually really funny.

Mozza -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (13/3/2006 10:31:53 PM)

Well, guest presenters have their ups and downs.  Remember when Ann Robinson was so unfunny-

When Boris Johns-

When William Hagu-

Oh fuck it, Ross was the exception rather than the rule.

Twizzle -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (13/3/2006 10:33:37 PM)

Could've been worse.  Could've been Paul Ross...

nomimalone -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (13/3/2006 10:44:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twizzle

Could've been worse.  Could've been Paul Ross...

Very good point. That man must have sold his soul to the devil just to guarantee him a career.

Dirty Bear -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (13/3/2006 11:27:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Grady

I happen to think Wossy is funny as fuck.  And is welcome on my telly anytime.

I agree with Grady. I think he's just naturally funny.

Unlike Lamarr he has warmth and charm, and doesn't have to act like a prize prick and just be plain nasty when trying to be funny.

Steffs -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (14/3/2006 4:41:16 PM)

If Wossy is funny as fuck I think you must be doing it wrong.

DJ Rob C: Mark II! -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (14/3/2006 4:47:14 PM)

In total and full agreement, though Mark Lamarr is a genius; I thought Jonathan Ross was superb and very funny last night... [:D]

Just a shame its guest presenters, because it probably won't be as good next week.... [&:]

Monkeyshaver -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (15/3/2006 1:25:15 PM)

Glad that Lamarr is no longer presenting this. He is just nasty without being funny & his tired routine consists of slagging off boy bands etc (hardly cutting edge) & private in-jokes with Jupitus & Bailey. Shame really as he's very good on the radio having extensive knowledge & love of music.
But Jonathan Ross!! Again!! He is amusing at times but is overexposed.

Mozza -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (15/3/2006 1:31:36 PM)

He's only not doing this series; he'll be back next time.

Besides, as long as Bill Bailey is on it, I'll keep watching.

Scruffybobby -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (15/3/2006 1:52:04 PM)

Ross was okay.

List of other guest presenters here

JIm R -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (15/3/2006 2:03:08 PM)

I agree with comments on Lamaar but to be fair, when the targets are so big (boy band, pop culture in general) then don't come on the show !

I will always have huge respect for Mark, when presenting the Word years ago he had a full arguement with Shabba Ranks over Ranks making ridiculous statements that all gay people should be burned and sent to hell.  Lamaar refused to interview him and had him placed back stage.

Ross is entertaining but a bit over the top.

Monkeyshaver -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (15/3/2006 2:18:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

Ross was okay.

List of other guest presenters here

Thank heavens Jimmy Carr isn't on the list!

Marky_Mark -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (15/3/2006 10:17:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Rob C: Mark II!

In total and full agreement, though Mark Lamarr is a genius; I thought Jonathan Ross was superb and very funny last night... [:D]

Just a shame its guest presenters, because it probably won't be as good next week.... [&:]

I thought that was one of the funniest Buzzcocks I've ever seen! Ross put a really warm spin on the show and the other panel members seemed to naturally click with him. The Bob O'Marley thing had me in stitches!! Maybe we'll see a return...

Next week - Simon Amstell from Channel 4's popworld!! Someone who I also think is a bit of a comedy genius and definitely a contender to take over as full-time presenter. Just as long as they keep that giggling bint Miquita away...

deniseA -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (15/3/2006 10:31:51 PM)

Simon Anstell aside, who is brilliant on popworld, the list of guest presenters leaves a lot to be desired, although Huey Morgan could prove to be a success.

Lauren Laverne is awful, whilst Clarkson and Dale Winton just do not fit the bill for this show.  

JIm R -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (16/3/2006 12:50:18 PM)

Anstell is an absolute star.  He has the brightest future ahead of him. 

Working on a programme being asked to speak about a genre of music you loathe is a stroke of genius.

His recent interview with the new Sugababes line up was incredibly good.  very often the guests don't understand they are being verbally taken apart.

Great move to get him to present an edition of NMTB.

Ripper -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (16/3/2006 8:02:39 PM)

Missed it this week (didnt know it was back till yesterday), but Mark Lamarr is the sort of guy who could literally leave me pissing myself, especially in episodes with the comedian from Sri Lanka (cant remember his name which is bad - he was hilarious) but I get the feeling replacing Mark is like replacing Angus Deaton on HIGNFY as you can get other funny people in, some who even do terrific jobs, but none who can even hold a candle to the original

TobiasFunke -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (16/3/2006 9:30:37 PM)

I agree with that, Ripper - Sean Hughes' departure didn't leave a vast space to be filled (that would be when Jupitus left [:)]) but Lamarr's absence was noticeable from the offset. Sure Jonathon Ross is witty but he suffers from a need to commandeer every show he appears on. Now that worked on They Think It's All Over, but on Buzzcocks its very much Lamarr's show, and the change in style was clear from the start. It reminds me slightly of when Paul Merton left HIGNFY for a series, and some of the guest captains (Eddie Izzard, Martin Clunes) were such brilliant stand-ins you hardly noticed. However when Angus left the change was very evident. Now I've had an idea - bring back Sean Hughes as guest host!

Ripper -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (16/3/2006 10:05:56 PM)

Put dermott o leary (i think thats how its spelt) as a guest captain

or

put angus on as a guest captain!

charliewho? -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (18/3/2006 9:37:44 PM)

I don't agree I miss Mark.

dearlybeloved -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (18/3/2006 10:35:57 PM)

Ross wasn't bad. I usually find him hilarious, but I don't think Buzzcocks is his show. I'm looking forward to seeing how Simon Amstell does on Monday. He has me in stitches when I watch Popworld, despite the fact that the music is rubbish! Infact, he takes the mick out of most of the bands they play on their show. He's cool.

Of course, no one can completely replace Mark. Please come back. :(
As said in a previous post, Bill Bailey is still on it so I'm thankful for that. Imagine losing both Bill and Mark!

Scruffybobby -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (19/3/2006 7:49:56 PM)

I can't say that I missed Lamaar that much. The last couple of series saw him becoming less funny with with tired and spiteful bile taking precedence over true wit. With the same targets (Westlife are thick and shit, Patrick Kielty's a git) being constantly harped at. It was getting boring and the rest I hope will do him some good and he'll come back refreshed.

Marky_Mark -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (21/3/2006 1:28:12 PM)

After Amstell's performance last night I think Lamar's crown is in danger of being stolen! Great episode- would love to see how he copes on a regular basis.

Skiba -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (21/3/2006 4:54:28 PM)

Yeah Amstell was good last night...he's just a naturally funny and nice guy

Bill Bailey definitely had a bad cold as he wasn't his usual hilarious self

pumpkin_ghost -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (21/3/2006 5:29:33 PM)

Great Episode although Im not sure Phil Jupitus thought the same. I didnt see him laugh once, instead he painfully stared at the person who just told the joke.

But in agreeance, Amstell was very good. Lamarr may have lot his touch.

Mozza -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (21/3/2006 5:47:59 PM)

Simon Amstell wsa hilarious.  He was relishing playing to an adult audience, methinks.

doubleshiny -> RE: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (28/3/2006 6:26:35 PM)

I thought Ricky Wilson did an ace job presenting last night, it was the funniest it's been in ages. I was chuffed they had Ryan Jarman on from The Cribs too.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI