Texas Chainsaw (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

Empire Admin -> Texas Chainsaw (4/1/2013 5:15:51 PM)

Post your comments on this article

BenTramer -> (5/1/2013 1:19:55 PM)

The first Texas Chainsaw Massacre was funded by the mafia but Tobe Hooper must've also done a deal with The Devil that he would make a classic, unforgettable movie but that nobody else, not even he, would be able to match or top it in any sequel or remake. Every attempt would end in disaster and the same is true here. Never had any hope for this anyway.

Whistler -> (5/1/2013 11:20:49 PM)

It's watchable but extremely generic, and the 3D is utterly, utterly useless.

Wild about Wilder -> RE: (8/1/2013 9:38:27 AM)

Tried to watch it at the weekend but it was delayed for ages so went & saw Quartet instead the reason for the delay some girl I kid you not was taken out in front of everyone to an ambulance BUT punters still hung around & went back to see the end of the film.
Ahhh the true bulldog British spirit (Fuck that! I'm still gonna see the end of this no matter how shite! it is!).[:D]

Wild about Wilder -> RE: RE: (10/1/2013 9:49:03 AM)

Well finally got round to seeing this & have to say "WHAT A PILE OF SHITE IT WAS!" & as for the 3D that was laughable I had my glasses off for half the bloody film & as for the ending well words fail me, still it did so well at the US box office that you just know it'll get sequel after sequel.[sm=rolleyes.gif]
1/5 being generous might've got 2 but took 1 off for such terrible 3D.

jackcarlin18 -> Texas Cliche 3D (11/1/2013 1:51:57 PM)

A lot of this film proved to be unsuccessful due to its jumbled timeline, its constant stupidly, it's over use of cliché and it's "twist" ending. However, there's no denying that it's an enjoyable slasher flick that should satisfy the needs of gore-hounds and is a good way to pass 90 minutes for everyone else.

jackcarlin18 -> Texas Cliche 3D (11/1/2013 1:51:59 PM)

A lot of this film proved to be unsuccessful due to its jumbled timeline, its constant stupidly, it's over use of cliché and it's "twist" ending. However, there's no denying that it's an enjoyable slasher flick that should satisfy the needs of gore-hounds and is a good way to pass 90 minutes for everyone else.

robertg.02 -> RE: Texas Cliche 3D (20/1/2013 11:35:24 AM)

I went to see this film last night, after reading what id read here. but only because django unchained had sold out. Either way, i was both pleasantly surprised and devasted with the result of what tried hard to be a full on homage to one of the most infamous killers in film. It tried too hard in my opinion, and also tried to be too clever by having twist and turns in it. All of which were incredibly predictable. it of course had all the likely ingredients that these films have, a cheating boyfriend, a hitch hiker, a drug user, a crooked family. and it felt like id seen this film before due to the lack of originality in it. i know its hard to be original when you make another chapter to a film thats already been done six times or so, i forget how many there are now. The few things i did like were the fact that the opening credits was footage from the original and the start of this film followed directly on from it. It was cool to see them try and do that, even if it didnt work that well. The second (and last thing) that i liked, was that i didnt get too bored. You normally find a massive lead up in these films and then the entire cast gets butcherd in 15 minutes, but this got into quite quickly, but then dragged the end out a bit. I would say dont rush out and see this at the cinema, wait for dvd or even for it too appear of netflix or something. The 3d is shockingly bad, with only one bit actually being, or appearing to be 3d, and the diologue felt like it was written by someone that had just read the back of the case to the original. 2 stars.

tombaker -> Another failure... (contains spoilers) (27/1/2013 7:14:11 PM)

I have watched this last night and i was dissapointed again...After a lot failed sequels and remakes to the one everlasting classic i had a little bit of hope when i first heard about this one, but my hopes where shattered when i saw this for the first and probally last time...
Whoever made this, i am not even gonna make an efford to look it up, didn't understand the original movie at all. And whoever thinks that the original texas chainsaw massacre is all about blood and gore, didn't see it. At first hand, this looks like it was made by someone who didn't see the original either, if it wasn't for the opening sequence, all we see here is leatherface chasing a couple of teenagers. The orginal, even after thirty years, has so much more to offer than this misareble excuse for a movie. The original is perhaps not as scary anymore, but it's still full with great performances and is still a very disturbing movie and one of it's kind. Even Hooper himself understood, after his own failed attempt, that you can't make a sequel to something that is so unique and populair among fans that all you can do is screw it up if you don't have respect for the original material. The one star that this movie got from Empire is well deserved only because it shows clips of the original movie at the beginning, and it's attempt to follow up on those events. There are a lot of bad horror movies out there, to wich i won't even make an effort to write something about, but when someone puts the name of my all time favorite above it than he awakes the critic in me. Don't even get me started about all the mistakes in the script, or about the leads being younger than they should be. I hope that in the future, someone is gonna think twice before ever trying an attempt like this again. Please no more bad sequels ever again, or at least let it be a original story.

movienut707 -> A Low Down Dirty Shame (7/9/2013 7:44:37 PM)

In a modern film climate over-populated with paranormal horror movies, Texas Chainsaw had a rare opportunity to revive (at least somewhat) the slasher genre. Needless to say, it fails miserably, and worse yet, it attempts to pay tribute to the original and, instead, outright disgraces it for the whole of its 90 minute running time. Still, distributor Lionsgate has done something unique: they have made New Line Cinema look like a relatively good home for the franchise in comparison.

Leonard or Sammy -> Yawn (1/12/2013 7:37:20 PM)

I am just about half way through this laughable excuse for a movie. The only good part was the beginning where it showed scenes from the original, and proceeded to "finish off" the original film. The film is just tired nonsense from film makers who have no idea how to make true horror any more. Why the people who make all these sequels make them gore fests with predictable scripts is beyond me. The original had very minor amounts of gore, but was intelligently made and extremely effective. I have no problem with gore, as long as it is done correctly (i.e Martyrs) but less gore and more intelligence in future horror would be most welcome.

It gets one start because it teased the wonderful original to a whole new generation of potential viewers.

tysmuse -> not that bad! (25/12/2013 11:33:51 PM)

the first hour is absolutely abject. but the final 30 minutes are so strange - in terms of flipping the plot on its head and so becoming one of the most ethically strange films!? - it is somewhat enjoyable.

"do your thing cuz!" !?!?!?! lol

But if you're a big fan of the original, then it's just complete trash.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.076172E-02