Harry Lime -> Empire Dead Pool 2013 (20/12/2012 10:51:40 PM)
As the late, great Andy Williams sung (or would have sung had he survived 2012)...
"It's the most wonderful time of the year
We'll remember Megrahi
The bloke who played Marty
Gibb, Dunn, Hagman and Sykes
It's the most wonderful time of the year"
Yes, here it is... THE EMPIRE FORUM DEAD POOL 2013!
Huzzah! Those wishing to take part need to post a list of ten celebrities who they predict will shuffle off their mortal coil in 2013. Just to be clear, 2013 is from 00:00:00 1st January 2013 to 23:59.59 31st December 2013 and by "celebrities", we mean those who have spent time within the public eye in any field and whose death will be widely reported in the national press. Essentially, you can not pick your your elderly next-door neighbour or your friendly local tramp. Harsh, I know, but those are the rules!
Once you have formed your list of ten, you need to put them in some semblance of order. For example:-
1) Michael Gove (10 points)
2) Jeremy Hunt (9 points)
3) George Osborne (8 points)
4) Maria Miller (7 points)
5) Theresa May (6 points)
6) Eric Pickles (5 points)
7) Iain Duncan Smith (4 points)
8) Chris Grayling (3 points)
9) Philip Hammond (2 points)
10) David Cameron (1 point)
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU HAVE POSTED YOUR SELECTION, YOU SHALL NOT BE ALLOWED TO AMEND IT IN ANY WAY
Should one of your choices actually die during the allotted game time, you will receive points in relation to their position in the list (as shown), as well as a bonus linked to the age your choice was at the time of death. For example, using the list above, if 58 year old Iain Duncan Smith were to choke to death on a rent-boys swollen todger on January 1st, you would receive FOUR points for list positioning as well as 42 age bonus points (100 – 58 = 42). This would give you a total of 46 points.
On top of this, in the event of one of your choices kicking the bucket, you will be allowed to select somebody else to slot in at the bottom of the list. If they were also to die during the allotted game time, you would receive one point and the age bonus for their demise.
At the end of the year, all of the points you have earned will be totted up. The poster with the most points will be deemed the winner and crowned “The Empire Grim Reaper”. The poster with the least points will be roundly mocked and have the deeply shameful tag “The Empire Angel of Mercy” thrust upon them.
So there you go. Get you lists ready. Just remember three last things:-
- My decision is final. If there is any question as to whether you have added somebody after the person has already passed, it will be thoroughly checked using viable news sources and a decision will be made as to whether the points will be awarded.
- Only human celebrities are allowed. We will not accept famous animals or joke choices such as Vad3r's chances of becoming a moderator. Just for clarification, (I'm looking at you Jonson) we will not accept the unborn!
- You can not deliberately kill any of your choices in a feeble attempt to cheat or gain advantage. This may result in the ignominy of disqualification from the game and, at best, thirty years in a high security prison.
Good luck people. May the touch of death be with you.