Sequels to recent flops? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

jackcarter -> Sequels to recent flops? (20/12/2012 2:02:42 PM)

Sequels/prequels to underperforming movies are done but it usually takes 20 or 30 years when the film has gone from cult to near mainstream status (Tron, Blade Runner, The Thing etc)...but why wait?

For recent underperformers it seems to be either franchise death or total reboot (Star Trek, Hulk, Superman). but what if a studio just ignored the recent flop and pushed ahead with the sequel regardless (they might have done it already but cant think of any off hand). They do it for movies that make ok money but donít really warrant sequels (Journey to centre earth, GI Joe, etc)...and obviously for movies that are huge but again dont really deserve any (Pirates 4, TF4), but wouldnt it be great if say Miami Vice II for example (directed by Mann starring Farrel and Fox again) was in the works or Starsky & Hutch II (set in the 80s)

horribleives -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 2:04:17 PM)

I reckon The A-Team was worthy of a sequel.

jackcarter -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 2:05:48 PM)

agreed[:)] Mr T wouldve probably appeared in a sequel

Deviation -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 2:26:11 PM)

There was so much sequel and thematic potential in the Dredd reboot, so much potential...

Scott_ -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 2:28:26 PM)

Needed more Serenity.

DancingClown -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 2:37:58 PM)

I really enjoyed Push, there was a lot of potential there.

horribleives -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 2:42:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

There was so much sequel and thematic potential in the Dredd reboot, so much potential...

Is that definitely not happening? Shame.

Deviation -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 2:50:08 PM)

It's gloomy, and I've never heard of a sequel coming out of a massive flop, at least a proper one on the screen.

jackcarter -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 2:59:23 PM)

yeah i think Dredd will come out on top for this. whoever is in charge should just go 'f**k it lets do Dredd II f** the money'

maybe Dredd will be like Tron or Blade Runner and in years to come (hopefully not 30) will get its sequel

jcthefirst -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 3:30:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

Yes.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

Needed more Serenity.

Yes.

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

I really enjoyed Push, there was a lot of potential there.

Yes.

Cool Breeze -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 3:38:24 PM)

Yep, Dredd is one film id love to se sequels too.Its one of the best comic book based films iv ever seen and there is so much potential in a series that could explore this great universe.

Maybe it might be a big hit on Blu/dvd? Everyone buy multiple copies when it comes out on disc and lets get a sequel greenlit!

Titanm21 -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 3:46:57 PM)

Tango & Cash 2... set now... with them coming out of retirement

Cool Breeze -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 3:50:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanm21

Agreed.Failing that, get Kurt to join Expendables 3.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 3:52:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst
quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

Needed more Serenity.

Yes.

Agreed although I would have preferred Firefly to continue personally.

Dredd is doing my fucking head in. There was no showing anywhere near me so I've been waiting bloody ages for the Bluray release. Seriously, what is it the fucking 80's again? I can't recall so long a turnover between cinema release and retail release in ages.

Dannybohy -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 3:54:05 PM)

GREEN LANTERN!!

Titanm21 -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 3:56:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanm21

Agreed.Failing that, get Kurt to join Expendables 3.

T&C2 or nothing... Good day to you sir I SAID GOOD DAY [;)]

musht -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 5:00:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

I would love a sequel to this. The chemistry between the cast in this was great and the action was ridiculously fun.

Also would have liked more from the crew of Serenity.

DancingClown -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 7:22:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

I would love a sequel to this. The chemistry between the cast in this was great and the action was ridiculously fun.

I have to agree. Although I would request that the action scenes were edited a little more...coherently. Sometimes I just couldn't tell what was going on. Maybe I'm just getting old.

vad3r -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 7:32:38 PM)

[image]http://www.unikosmos.de/pictures/8305.jpg[/image]

Chronicle 2.

Amazing film.

horribleives -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 8:15:42 PM)

I thought Chronicle was a hit?

vad3r -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 8:33:58 PM)

quote:

I thought Chronicle was a hit?

It did $127 million on a $12 million budget, so technically yes. But it deserved so much more.

Zaphod121 -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 9:09:08 PM)

Chronicle 2 is in the works.

mclane1 -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 9:16:57 PM)

quote:

Oh god yes! It was such a fun movie, great action, great cast, fanboy dialogue, it's a real shame. Especially when resident evil gets recycled ever year.
I hear it wasn't that it diddnt make money just that the budget was so high so the profit was lower.

mclane1 -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 9:20:41 PM)

And......
The lost boys should have had a proper sequel!!

Zaphod121 -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 9:32:04 PM)

Would have liked THE ROCKETEER 2 back in the day...

[image]http://videostore-cdn.eu.playstation.com/product_images/en_GB/the-rocketeer-44080/the-rocketeer-44080-16x9-large.jpg[/image]

jackcarter -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 10:21:57 PM)

if we're going back more than a few years then why not change the proposed Masters of the Universe reboot into a post Expendable Dolph starring sequel and have Frank Langella make good on his Arnie promise at the end of the credits?[:)]
[image]http://www.vintagemovieposters.co.uk/shop/media/gbu0/prodlg/mastersmedium.jpg[/image]

musht -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (20/12/2012 11:37:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

I have to agree. Although I would request that the action scenes were edited a little more...coherently. Sometimes I just couldn't tell what was going on. Maybe I'm just getting old.

No, the fight between Hannibal and Lynch in the container is completely unfollowable

spark1 -> RE: Sequels to recent flops? (21/12/2012 10:19:20 AM)

'executive decision' would have been a nice franchise for kurt russell.

Chronicle -> RE: Sequels to recent flops? (21/12/2012 10:34:47 AM)

I'd like to see another Tron movie. But with another director this time.

kumar -> RE: What sequels to recent flops would you most want? (21/12/2012 10:35:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

Chronicle 2 is in the works.

I wonder where they would go with that... More teenaged superhumans? Didnt seem to me at the end of the first there would be a natural sequel.

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI