Terrence Malick's To The Wonder Trailer (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Terrence Malick's To The Wonder Trailer (20/12/2012 12:55:08 PM)

Post your comments on this article

evildave69 -> (20/12/2012 12:55:08 PM)

Looks great. I loved the Tree Of Life and there's little doubt that this will be equally as beautiful. And who saw Ben Affleck one day ending up in a Mallick film? Not I!

Nicky C -> Beautiful, no doubt ... but will I care? (20/12/2012 2:37:55 PM)

Personally, Tree of Life left me very cold. I didn't care about the characters at all, although I thought it was visually breathtaking and had fine performances. Malick's insistence of connecting the smallest details of human life to the unfathomable machinations of the universe (Tree of Life, The New World and Thin Red Line all do this to some extent) creates a conflict, not a harmony, of character and setting. His arena is infinite, so I can't see how his characters can do anything but become lost. I respect his work, but I'll never love it.

My name is Legion -> RE: Terrence Malick's To The Wonder Trailer (20/12/2012 7:04:25 PM)

Beautiful imagery.

Melancholic faces.

"Father"

Beautiful imagery.

Melancholic faces.

"Mother"

Beautiful imagery.

Melancholic faces.

"Brother"

Beautiful imagery.

Melancholic faces.

"Lover"

Fin.

Cat_Corportation -> Father Quintana? (20/12/2012 8:05:00 PM)

Hard to take a character with that surname seriously since The Big Lebowski...

coomi77 -> Wow (20/12/2012 9:01:08 PM)

That looks boring.

Deviation -> RE: Wow (20/12/2012 9:53:16 PM)

Screw you philistines, I loved that.

Fit Kisto -> RE: Wow (21/12/2012 7:01:48 PM)

Some of the festival reviews have suggested that this is Malick teetering dangerously close to self-parody.

I don't want this to be true, but the umpteenth shot of an erethral spinning woman doesn't look very encouraging.

natman_begins -> RE: Wow (22/12/2012 2:40:19 PM)

tbh, after looking at the trailer that was my immediate thoughts. The Thin red line still has to be one of my all time greats, Tree of life was just a slog though.

UTB -> RE: Wow (23/12/2012 5:18:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fit Kisto

Some of the festival reviews have suggested that this is Malick teetering dangerously close to self-parody.

It does seem to be happening slowly but surely... Whilst the imagery and performances of all of his films are stunning, the whispering is getting a bit tedious.

Still, will give it a go.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Wow (23/12/2012 5:44:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fit Kisto

It does seem to be happening slowly but surely... Whilst the imagery and performances of all of his films are stunning, the whispering is getting a bit tedious.

Still, will give it a go.

I agree,and in some ways the trailer put me slightly off this forthcoming film.
But I'll check out the reviews once its out.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI