New Man Of Steel Trailer Is Here! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> New Man Of Steel Trailer Is Here! (11/12/2012 5:42:33 PM)

Post your comments on this article

jmebaby25 -> RE: I love it (11/12/2012 6:11:08 PM)

An excellent trailer that leaves you wanting to see more - much like the Star Trek Into Darkness trailer.

The makers of Oblivion and After Earth should take note. Those simply left me bored and wishing I could get back those few minutes of my life.

The tone and spectacle of the film looks spot on and I'm really impressed with the casting.

dolfinack -> RE: That looks flippin' SWEET! (11/12/2012 7:19:11 PM)

And not a smile was cracked the whole day...

Lighten up people, please don't give us another "dark" snoozefest. Movies are 'sposed to be fun. This does not look look fun.

Gillhead -> RE: (11/12/2012 9:46:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sweetladybrick

How does he shave? He's invulnerable, right? So how does he cut his hair? Something I've been wondering since Quest for Peace. One of many things I've been wondering about humanity since Quest for Peace actually.

I'm no Comic Book Superman fan so don't quote me here, I read an article years ago and some kid asked the same question in the 50s. The answer in the comic at the time was that he uses his heat vision and a mirror (Superman 2 showed Zod's heat vision deflecting off a truck mirror). Could explain Henry Cavill's vast amounts of facial hair / designer stubble in the trailers, he hasn't quite got the hang of it yet!

Dannybohy -> RE: SUPER-AWESOME! (12/12/2012 12:02:55 AM)

The flight scene in Smallville was more impressive, not to mention it predates this. Looks like another superhero that can't get away from imagery that's been done before ,the trailer is like a fucking check list of scenes we have all already seen in superman movies. and did they borrow those alien space craft from Avengers? Never mind slap some moody shots of main character. Make it dark and gritty with an emotionally charged score and hope no one will notice. Let's hope there is enough action and a bit of fun injected by Snyder to make it worth a watch.

Alistair -> Man of Steel trailer (12/12/2012 9:05:10 AM)

Absolutely stunning trailer, and it looks like the Superman film many have been waiting for. It looks modern, relevant and the tone looks just about perfect.

Too many people throw the word 'dark' around, but 'dark' is just a word (and this film doesn't look very dark, btw..it just looks moody). The tone is what it is, and as I said above, it looks in-keeping with the times. Can't wait to see this one, been anticipating this kind of Superman film for many years.

Dirk Miggler -> RE: SUPER-AWESOME! (12/12/2012 9:12:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

The flight scene in Smallville was more impressive, not to mention it predates this. Looks like another superhero that can't get away from imagery that's been done before ,the trailer is like a fucking check list of scenes we have all already seen in superman movies. and did they borrow those alien space craft from Avengers? Never mind slap some moody shots of main character. Make it dark and gritty with an emotionally charged score and hope no one will notice. Let's hope there is enough action and a bit of fun injected by Snyder to make it worth a watch.

It really wasn't, the Smallville scenes were decent enough, for TV. It's like night and day when comparing the quality of the effects. Ridiculous !

As far as the imagery goes, wouldn't you agree that the image of Superman flying is one of the most iconic in all of cinema, how could it escape it and more importantly why would it.

Dirk Miggler -> RE: "...." (12/12/2012 9:27:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

I have been dreading The Dark Knight Superman 300 Rises by Zac Nolan for a while now as, to be honest, the idea of going dark and gritty on Superman never appealed to me (be nice if one day one of these superhero types actually enjoyed being awesome; bunch of miserable fuckers that they've all become!). That said half way through this trailer I found myself trying to make love to my computer...loved it!! Damn you Christopher Snyder!!

Problem is, keeping it light and fun would possibly keep it too similar in tone to the Reeve's Superman and I'm not sure how Supermans "boy scout" and "the american way" sensibilitys would fit in the modern world setting and to a modern day audience. I get why they have gone this route, I like that it seems different to what Marvel are offering at the minute and that it's going to be different to the previous films although I hope it isn't devoid of all humour.

waltham1979 -> RE: "...." (12/12/2012 9:59:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

quote:

I have been dreading The Dark Knight Superman 300 Rises by Zac Nolan for a while now as, to be honest, the idea of going dark and gritty on Superman never appealed to me (be nice if one day one of these superhero types actually enjoyed being awesome; bunch of miserable fuckers that they've all become!). That said half way through this trailer I found myself trying to make love to my computer...loved it!! Damn you Christopher Snyder!!

Problem is, keeping it light and fun would possibly keep it too similar in tone to the Reeve's Superman and I'm not sure how Supermans "boy scout" and "the american way" sensibilitys would fit in the modern world setting and to a modern day audience. I get why they have gone this route, I like that it seems different to what Marvel are offering at the minute and that it's going to be different to the previous films although I hope it isn't devoid of all humour.

I agree with you to a certain extent; my biggest problem with Superman Returns for example was that it was essentially a two hour homage to the previous incarnations and they had to do something different with this one. Just I do get a little sick of comic book heroes moaning about their powers sometimes!! That said I was really blown away by this trailer so I am a lot more optimistic that I was before.

Like you I do hope it isn’t devoid of humor. The Dark Knight Trilogy – as much as I worship them – are a vacuum of humor and can be hard work sometimes. I just hope that this has its lighter moments…which isn’t something that either Nolan and Snyder are known for.

jobloffski -> RE: SUPER-AWESOME! (12/12/2012 10:42:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

You market to the largest possible audience not by telling them what is new about the film but reassuring them with familiarity, in order to be able to get away with what is new within the film. And familiar things about Superman plus, yes, evoking the imagery of Batman Begins (at a time when 'The Director of The Dark Knight Trilogy' is riding high with the trailer is basic marketing nous, as indeed is using the now proven gambit of not having to mention the name of the superhero in the title and relying on the very presence of the name in the collective consciousness to allow people to still know what the film is al about. Anyway, there is plenty most people wont have seen before in a superman film:

No glasses for Clark,
Clark With a Beard
Superman in hand cuffs
Clark's father saying he perhaps should have let people die.

It actually seems like there IS a story to tell here, and the trailer is not telling it all in advance, which makes a change.

If Superman is going to be able to be Superman he is going to have to be a Man of Steel...He will have to adopt a boy scout persona to reassure people he is not a threat, while carrying the burden of his powers inside him/ Seems a pretty reasonable way to incorporate the 'all american' stuff into it and even gives scope to question 'the american way' (which Nolan has form on, perhaps most notably when presenting a terrorist attack after making people in the film feel patriotic/filled with hope and pride (via the national anthem, in full), then terrifying them by (destroying something very iconically American, a football field before their very eyes, killing most of the people on the field, including the child singing the song), keeping totally in step with the stated theme of letting people feel hope then taking it away.

A balance of Snyder visuals and Nolan influenced storytelling might just work

UTB -> RE: SUPER-AWESOME! (12/12/2012 11:45:58 AM)

Enjoyed the trailer. Looking good so far.

Diamond Joe -> RE: Looks epic and emotive and not too dark (12/12/2012 2:37:07 PM)

Seriously what is wrong with people this trailer looks amazing. as mentioned above Snyders visuals and nolan behind the scenes this could be...dare i say it....awesome

AxlReznor -> RE: Looks epic and emotive and not too dark (12/12/2012 2:50:40 PM)

I've never seen a Superman movie that I've enjoyed. The Zack Snyder/Christopher Nolan combination could prove to be the team to finally break that pattern, because the trailer certainly makes it look like it's going to awesome! They may have even found a way to make Superman interesting, too! (even if that does involve making him pretty much a superpowered Batman in some points).
Looking forward to this now, though my lack of enthusiasm for the character combined with the track record for Superman movies will force me to have a little bit of skepticism still.

jmebaby25 -> RE: Superman (12/12/2012 3:04:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: radski

Right then, trailer is epic, the film..Mmmm I`m worried looks to me like they are trying to turn Superman into the ANTI HERO in the same mold as the Hulk, and this could be their excuse for making a dark movie that we don`t really need..if I`m wrong then fine....don`t f**k this up guys!!!!

I'm not sure I see much evidence to back this up. It's a great trailer, visually strong and the action scenes seem suitably epic. The tone of the film seems more reflective and emotional than previous Superman films (in a good way), but there isn't any evidence yet on the anti hero thing. A lot seems to be made of the Jonathan Kent "maybe" as well - it's a quick cutaway for the sake of the trailer, we've no idea if there is a significant "but" coming after it.

AxlReznor -> RE: Superman (12/12/2012 3:11:03 PM)

I see it as just presenting the struggles he has to face in the movie, without showing you what the outcome will be (ie: he comes through all of the self-doubt and reluctance to become a superhero!), because everyone already knows about that. They've seen that before. This trailer is just demonstrating that it isn't as simple as "wear tights and save the world". There's a lot of stuff he's going to have to go through to get to the point that we all know about...

Don't think there's any danger of anyone approaching Superman as an anti-hero.

directorscut -> RE: Superman (12/12/2012 3:26:39 PM)

This looks incredibly pretentious.

spideed2 -> RE: Superman (12/12/2012 5:50:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

I see it as just presenting the struggles he has to face in the movie, without showing you what the outcome will be (ie: he comes through all of the self-doubt and reluctance to become a superhero!), because everyone already knows about that. They've seen that before. This trailer is just demonstrating that it isn't as simple as "wear tights and save the world". There's a lot of stuff he's going to have to go through to get to the point that we all know about...

Don't think there's any danger of anyone approaching Superman as an anti-hero.

yeh id agree to a point.

But then again, theres not much in the trailer that hasnt been portrayed albeit in a more simplified way in the first Reeve movie. Its easy to forget that for 1 hour that was a character based piece which explored how Clark gets his moral code.

In a 'Ultimate universe' sort of way what this is showing is how would we as humans would honestly act if this bloke actually existed. I dont think it will be as artsy or misguided as Ang Leeds Hulk though, it still looks like it will have shed loads of action and the odd laugh.

Plus its worth baring in mind that in no way will this film stick to the Dark Knight template - which comes straight from the producers mouth.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in making Clark a little conflicted, provided his Superman emerges from the end of this film as the character we know, i.e. earths protector and moral example and symbol of hope. It seems to me they are just trying to feasibly set this up.

giggity -> RE: Superman (12/12/2012 6:20:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

This looks incredibly pretentious.

I love it when a film tries to be more than fluff and people who don't like it automatically have to label it as pretentious.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Is it me or does general zod look a tad young? (12/12/2012 10:23:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gb901

Someone of terence stamps age in the original series had far more credibility and gravitas. Mind you its all about the pretty young things now and yoof!

At 38 Michael Shannon is only 4 years younger than Stamp was when he made Superman 2.

elab49 -> RE: Is it me or does general zod look a tad young? (12/12/2012 10:25:22 PM)

A quick IMDB check might have pre-empted the post. Stamp was about 39 when he did Zod, Shannon is a couple of months out (a lovely uniformity too - Stamp born in '38 now 74, Shannon born in '74 now 38 - apt on 12/12/12 [:)])

Using looks as a criticism is a problem as well IMO. Shannon is not what you'd call beautiful and IMO looks somewhat older than Stamp did - Stamp was considered one of the most beautiful men in the world. Still a very striking man.

Alistair -> Man of Steel (13/12/2012 12:06:02 AM)

Looks like Nolan/Snyder are approaching the Superman character as though he exists in the 'real-world', which is a fascinating way of looking at this story. It seems obvious really, but nobody's ever done it before. Not with Superman anyway. Nolan's done it with Batman, and look how that turned out. I mean, really - How would you feel if you had these extraordinary powers? It would take an awful lot of guts to boldly come out and say to the world "This is who I am, this is my identity." Superman embraces his alien origins (eventually) by wearing the Superman suit. It's powerful stuff, and relevant in a world full of hate, racism, homophobia, and so on. It takes a lot of inner strength to truly be who you are. To know that there are people (many people) who will not accept it.

The trailer looks like it'll be a kind of soul-searching drama for some of the running time, and I'm happy with that. Put yourself in Clark's shoes - He would probably like to live an 'ordinary' life, but he has this immense burden of his powers. Just the knowledge that you could potentially do extraordinary things to help people, but also the knowledge that governments would not want you to exist, and would do their utmost to wipe you off the face of the planet. To all those people who would like 'happy' superheroes, then you're clearly not taking in to consideration what it would be to be a superhero in our world - It wouldn't be easy. In fact it would be fookin' miserable.

waltham1979 -> RE: Man of Steel (13/12/2012 9:17:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alistair

Looks like Nolan/Snyder are approaching the Superman character as though he exists in the 'real-world', which is a fascinating way of looking at this story. It seems obvious really, but nobody's ever done it before. Not with Superman anyway. Nolan's done it with Batman, and look how that turned out. I mean, really - How would you feel if you had these extraordinary powers? It would take an awful lot of guts to boldly come out and say to the world "This is who I am, this is my identity." Superman embraces his alien origins (eventually) by wearing the Superman suit. It's powerful stuff, and relevant in a world full of hate, racism, homophobia, and so on. It takes a lot of inner strength to truly be who you are. To know that there are people (many people) who will not accept it.

The trailer looks like it'll be a kind of soul-searching drama for some of the running time, and I'm happy with that. Put yourself in Clark's shoes - He would probably like to live an 'ordinary' life, but he has this immense burden of his powers. Just the knowledge that you could potentially do extraordinary things to help people, but also the knowledge that governments would not want you to exist, and would do their utmost to wipe you off the face of the planet. To all those people who would like 'happy' superheroes, then you're clearly not taking in to consideration what it would be to be a superhero in our world - It wouldn't be easy. In fact it would be fookin' miserable.

I do take your point. But just from my point of view, whilst I did have geek sex wee all over my monitor when I watched the trailer, I am getting a little sick of every comic book/adaptation having to be "gritty and dark".

Like I said earlier I loved, nigh on worshiped The Dark Knight Trilogy - but they were a humor vacuum. Along with Amazing Spider-Man this year, those lighter moments were all but gone. I just hope that Man Of Steel isn't the same and enjoys the lighter moments as well.

It worked with Batman because of the nature of his origin; I just don't want to watch a two hour depressing film about Superman. I appreciate that if (and I cannot believe I am about to say this) superheroes did exist it might be 'fookin miserable. But if I wanted to be bummed out by people that are better than me moaning all the time, then i'd go home every evening, cover myself in babyoil and watch Dawson's Creek repeats and cried myself to sleep every night till my eyes bled.

I know its early days, I know its only a trailer. But I just hope that it has its lighter moments as well as the customary 'dark and gritty' aspects.

AxlReznor -> RE: Man of Steel (13/12/2012 9:46:29 AM)

There were light moments in The Amazing Spider-Man... pretty much every scene with Emma Stone in it for instance. And some of the moments with Martin Sheen when he wasn't pissed off with Peter. In fact pretty much every Marvel property (including the ones not owned by Marvel, obviously) has a lighter tone, no matter how serious it gets. It's only really Batman and now maybe Superman that went with the darker, more serious vibe. And there were even a couple of humourous points in the bleaker than bleak Dark Knight Rises.

Dannybohy -> RE: Man of Steel (13/12/2012 10:14:23 AM)

quote:

quote:

I do take your point. But just from my point of view, whilst I did have geek sex wee all over my monitor when I watched the trailer, I am getting a little sick of every comic book/adaptation having to be "gritty and dark".

Like I said earlier I loved, nigh on worshiped The Dark Knight Trilogy - but they were a humor vacuum. Along with Amazing Spider-Man this year, those lighter moments were all but gone. I just hope that Man Of Steel isn't the same and enjoys the lighter moments as well.

It worked with Batman because of the nature of his origin; I just don't want to watch a two hour depressing film about Superman. I appreciate that if (and I cannot believe I am about to say this) superheroes did exist it might be 'fookin miserable. But if I wanted to be bummed out by people that are better than me moaning all the time, then i'd go home every evening, cover myself in babyoil and watch Dawson's Creek repeats and cried myself to sleep every night till my eyes bled.

I know its early days, I know its only a trailer. But I just hope that it has its lighter moments as well as the customary 'dark and gritty' aspects.

I don't believe anyone wants to watch another depressing movie about Superman. Singers was no better, most miserable Superman to date but looks like this one is going to beat it!. I'm pretty sure if I could do half the shit Superman could do I wouldn't be so fuckin depressing all the time! x-ray vision alone would keep you happy !

AxlReznor -> RE: Man of Steel (13/12/2012 10:23:20 AM)

Just like all of the people who can't understand when famous people suffer from depression... "If I had they're money, I wouldn't be depressed", as if it's a logical thing that you can control and pacify with things. That attitude has always been annoying to me. They're the kind of people who like to tell people to just "snap out of it", and can't get their head around the facts of depression. And one of the things that makes people depressed is feeling like an outsider. It doesn't matter what abilities you have, if you're an alien who has to hide your true nature it's going to take its toll on you. Not that I think that this is going to be the study of depression that a lot of people fear.

It makes me wonder, though, if that's exactly what Tim Burton's Superman movie would have been like.

Dannybohy -> RE: Man of Steel (13/12/2012 10:25:49 AM)

quote:

No I don't want to take into consideration what it would be to be a superhero like Superman in our world or 'the real world'!! . Nolan had a crack at it! and you can forgive him for doing that with Batman given the nature of character a. However, I personally I do not think it makes for an entertaining movie!!. Avengers didn't worry about, hence it was a great, entertaining movie!.

Dannybohy -> RE: Man of Steel (13/12/2012 10:32:55 AM)

quote:

Just like all of the people who can't understand when famous people suffer from depression... "If I had they're money, I wouldn't be depressed", as if it's a logical thing that you can control and pacify with things. That attitude has always been annoying to me. They're the kind of people who like to tell people to just "snap out of it", and can't get their head around the facts of depression. And one of the things that makes people depressed is feeling like an outsider. It doesn't matter what abilities you have, if you're an alien who has to hide your true nature it's going to take its toll on you. Not that I think that this is going to be the study of depression that a lot of people fear.

It makes me wonder, though, if that's exactly what Tim Burton's Superman movie would have been like.

I think Burtons Batman movies are unsurpassed! The guy was perfect for Batman. However, I am glad he was never allowed to complete a Superman movie. Donnor managed the balance perfectly but was limited by technology, Singer tried the soul searching, mardy arsed, Jesus Christ pose Superman and that failed to entertain!. Im not remotely excitied by the trailer as all the imagery has been seen before and its looking like another crack as dark and gritty, because hey! it worked for TDK! people will lap it up!! awshum!! up , up and away!

Dannybohy -> RE: Man of Steel (13/12/2012 10:35:08 AM)

quote:

I guess thats why they removed his pants.... poor little fella!

yeh, ya cant be dark and gritty with a pair of bright red skids on!

AxlReznor -> RE: Man of Steel (13/12/2012 10:53:34 AM)

I liked Richard Donner's movie for the first half. But then Lex Luthor was introduced, and the whole movie went to hell every time he and his two idiotic sidekicks were on screen. Then whenever Superman is on screen he has the cheesiest smile plastered on his face for no damn reason. Then Superman takes Lois for a flight, and her voiceover recites cheesy poetry for no reason. Then when I didn't think it could get any worse, Lois dies and Superman goes back in time to save her (a talent he never makes use of before or after). If they'd kept the tone of the first half of the movie throughout, it would be great, but as it is it's the closest to a good live action movie Superman has so far.

Bryan Singer's movie is great up until the plane sequence... then absolutely nothing exciting happens for the entirety of the rest of the movie. I'm a fan of the Dark Knight Trilogy, so it's obvious I'm all for a superhero movie that takes things more seriously. But Nolan knew not to put his best setpiece at the beginning of the movie and then have a whole lot of nothing happen for the rest of it. Some people have problems with the casting of Lois, or the son of Superman sub-plot. I don't have problems with any of that... just how completely dull it is. Plus, Luthor's plot is pretty much identical to the first movie... as if he just has a really small cycle of evil plots, and when they all fail he just goes back to the beginning.

I think this trailer is just a statement of intent. Letting everyone know that yes this will be a serious take on Superman throughout. No jarring intended-to-be-funny-but-utterly-unfunny takes on the villains that we've grown accustomed to, and some epic action thrown in, too. Pretty much looks like the best of the previous movies without the worst to me. Of course, time will tell... Snyder and Nolan could fall into the exact same traps that Singer did. But this looks a lot more promising than I thought it would when I first heard about it. As far as I'm concerned, if every superhero movie followed the same formula as The Avengers, I'd get very bored of them quite quickly. I like that the Marvel Cinematic Universe, X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman, and now Superman very much follow their own formulas so that even though all of them do similar things, they do them in their own way and keep things fresh.

There's a reason that since 2008, these kind of movies have consistently been the best blockbusters being released every year (not counting things like Inception, which I think did better than most people expected it ever would, obviously).

Dannybohy -> RE: Man of Steel (13/12/2012 12:15:19 PM)

quote:

I liked Richard Donner's movie for the first half. But then Lex Luthor was introduced, and the whole movie went to hell every time he and his two idiotic sidekicks were on screen. Then whenever Superman is on screen he has the cheesiest smile plastered on his face for no damn reason. Then Superman takes Lois for a flight, and her voiceover recites cheesy poetry for no reason. Then when I didn't think it could get any worse, Lois dies and Superman goes back in time to save her (a talent he never makes use of before or after). If they'd kept the tone of the first half of the movie throughout, it would be great, but as it is it's the closest to a good live action movie Superman has so far.

Bryan Singer's movie is great up until the plane sequence... then absolutely nothing exciting happens for the entirety of the rest of the movie. I'm a fan of the Dark Knight Trilogy, so it's obvious I'm all for a superhero movie that takes things more seriously. But Nolan knew not to put his best setpiece at the beginning of the movie and then have a whole lot of nothing happen for the rest of it. Some people have problems with the casting of Lois, or the son of Superman sub-plot. I don't have problems with any of that... just how completely dull it is. Plus, Luthor's plot is pretty much identical to the first movie... as if he just has a really small cycle of evil plots, and when they all fail he just goes back to the beginning.

I think this trailer is just a statement of intent. Letting everyone know that yes this will be a serious take on Superman throughout. No jarring intended-to-be-funny-but-utterly-unfunny takes on the villains that we've grown accustomed to, and some epic action thrown in, too. Pretty much looks like the best of the previous movies without the worst to me. Of course, time will tell... Snyder and Nolan could fall into the exact same traps that Singer did. But this looks a lot more promising than I thought it would when I first heard about it. As far as I'm concerned, if every superhero movie followed the same formula as The Avengers, I'd get very bored of them quite quickly. I like that the Marvel Cinematic Universe, X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman, and now Superman very much follow their own formulas so that even though all of them do similar things, they do them in their own way and keep things fresh.

There's a reason that since 2008, these kind of movies have consistently been the best blockbusters being released every year (not counting things like Inception, which I think did better than most people expected it ever would, obviously).

I am replying as I thought it only polite, even though you have a very different opinion on Nolan and this new Superman.
I agree with your critique on Donner and Singer. Donner's has a lot of issues, for me however they are mostly issues that couldn't be helped due to technology so I forgive him. My kids still watch them and they get excited every time they see Reeves change to Superman! my oldest asked me to rewind it again. Agreed, The Louis flight scene is unforgivable! for me its the equivalent of any scene in Nolan's trilogy where Alfred is monologuing!. The back in time is also a shame! what was he thinking!. I would of let the skinny fag hag die myself.

Singers, I liked three parts and three only, the whole movie for me was a crushingly disappointing experience that I will never forgive Singer for. I got over the homoerotic suit design. I liked the plane scene apart from the dodgy CGi. I liked the physics of it, nice. I loved the scene when hes floating in space with eyes closed, they open , he zooms down to save everyone!, great. And I loved the bullet to the eye scene. I despised the rest, the son of superman sub plot, Lex, Louis and the fact that the whole main plot was identical to Donners.

The trailer for me looks like a checklist of stuff that should be in Superman because its already been in Superman.(Kent farm/Young Clark in plaid shirt/papa Kent in plaid shirt/ Jesus Christ pose this time in water instead of space/Yellow School Bus in peril etc etc yadder yadder, yawn). I was hoping for some truly original clips to prove that this was going to be something truly new. So far it looks like the plot of Superman II with Returns visuals and extra space ships. The space ships look like every other alien craft in a movie the last decade!. I think they have fallen into a trap of taking the Nolan DK format into Superman assuming that it will work!.

Its no secret I am not a Nolan fan, I think the hype around his trilogy is absurd! I hate Nolan's name coming up in every discussion on upcoming movies. But just to set the record straight, I liked Batman Begins, thought it was a great start (apart from the growly voice), I was looking forward to TDK and heaths Joker was excellent, but I starting seeing all the scenes i've seen already in Burton's versions! and then TDKR , this is the movie that riles me! I was "what the actual fuck!! is this shit" it was like a slightly different version of TDK but we ain't supposed to notice. I was bored out of my mind, the Alfred parts made me want to curl up into my own asshole and I was laughing at the plot holes as they happened!. Sorry I know this is about Superman, but I see the Nolan influence and repeated imagery in the trailer and it makes a grown man cry. I think dark and gritty works for Batman, I don't think the Nolan 'real world' (Dull and pretentious) approach works for Batman let alone Superman!. I had higher hopes when I thought it was just a Snyder vehicle! I personally love most of his movies. Time will tell, and Ill be going to see it either way, i will try not to judge it based on Nolan batman movies, hey maybe the Snyder/Nolan mix will actually make for a great combo!!.

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI