After Earth Trailer Lands (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> After Earth Trailer Lands (10/12/2012 8:05:41 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Porter -> Where do you begin with this turd? (10/12/2012 8:05:41 PM)

This looks very, very bad. Though, Will Smith's impression of Samuel L. Jackson is pretty good. Start polishing those Golden Raspberries now!

djshaiguy -> Doesn't look too bad, but... (10/12/2012 9:09:48 PM)

Shymalan has disappointed again and again and again. Keeping expectations at a minimum. Great concept though and looks very pretty. Will Smith's impression of Laurence Fishburne is pretty good.

Who's going first for an After Eight poster mashup?

jmebaby25 -> (10/12/2012 9:53:34 PM)

I'm not sure I can handle an entire movie containing nothing but the two Smiths and a lot of CGI. I barely survived a sitting of I Am Legend. This will have 100% more Smith.

Also, it'll be a cold day in hell before I pay to see a Shymalan film without a LOT of great word of mouth recommendations. I wonder what the twist will be? Odds of this actually being set in the ancient past where Will Smith will find a lady friend and will populate the planet?

palagrim2008 -> RE: (10/12/2012 10:12:46 PM)

@jmebaby25 That's exactly what the twist will be. First thing that went through my head watching the trailer...

Normal Control -> Oblivion now this... (10/12/2012 10:41:55 PM)

why can't Hollywood make proper subversive fucking sci-fi movies with attitude anymore? OK there was Dredd 3D, but that didn't attract the moroniplex megabuck$.

All we have left is stale pretentious shite like Prometheus.

musht -> RE: Oblivion now this... (10/12/2012 11:07:17 PM)

"This is not training!" I smell a Shymamalamaalanmslanllanlanlan twist around the corner

MonsterCat -> RE: Oblivion now this... (10/12/2012 11:46:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Normal Control

why can't Hollywood make proper subversive fucking sci-fi movies with attitude anymore? OK there was Dredd 3D, but that didn't attract the moroniplex megabuck$.

Hi there, Batspider.

blindlemonpie -> No thanks...... (11/12/2012 1:16:46 AM)

I also agree with jmebaby25. He's nailed it. Both the predictable "twist" ending and not wanting to see anymore of the loathsome "Smiths." This looks horrible beyond imagination.

Normal Control -> RE: Oblivion now this... (11/12/2012 1:59:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Normal Control

Hi there, Batspider.

Huh? Wuh? Uh?

MonsterCat -> RE: Oblivion now this... (11/12/2012 3:12:29 AM)

If you're going to come back with mulitple IDs, don't go into your usual spiels about Dredd being subversive and your frankly elitist and down right nasty comments about popular blockbusters and the people who watch them. It makes you easier to spot.

Take it from somebody who has acting like an utter twat on message boards down to a fine art.

MonsterCat -> RE: Oblivion now this... (11/12/2012 3:22:23 AM)

Sorry for the lashing out, mods, I'm in a dark and weird place at the moment. [:)]

chris wootton -> It does look crap (11/12/2012 10:02:39 AM)

But then it is Shyalaman.. I don't expect anything less.

UncleMonkeyTrousers -> RE: It does look crap (11/12/2012 10:51:31 AM)

So if humans haven't been around for a thousand years on the planet, why has everything evolved to kill them???? eh? eh?

More shymalamalamadingdong rubbish..

Normal Control -> RE: Oblivion now this... (11/12/2012 12:31:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Sorry for the lashing out, mods, I'm in a dark and weird place at the moment. [:)]

Aw that's alright, it's not first time I'm some lady's whipping boy / beast of burden / stepping stone / heel urchin / spittoon. Apology accepted!

Youshouldberunning -> (11/12/2012 12:37:16 PM)

STOP OBSESSING ABOUT THE FRAKKING TWISTS! Jesus. It's your own fault if you spend 90% of his films waiting for 'the twist'. Get over it and slag them off for the multitude of other things he gets wrong.

wedgeski -> With due attention paid to his recent history... (11/12/2012 4:31:18 PM)

...this actually looks interesting. I don't care if there's a twist, I just want character and real emotion please MNS. And also, a line on how you keep persuading people to finance your movies.

logan 5 -> See me... (11/12/2012 6:32:11 PM)

I will wait until i see the film before i comment - got nothing against the Smith family or Shymalan per se looks like an interesting story line albeit an old one (son saves father) visuals look good and you know what sometimes its just nice not to prejudge a movie until you have seen it...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI