Jamie Foxx Is Spider-Man 2's Electro (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Jamie Foxx Is Spider-Man 2's Electro (4/12/2012 12:00:00 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Porter -> I'm no expert, but it seems to me that.... (4/12/2012 12:00:00 PM)

...Spider-man has all the worst arch-enemies. Electro? Bloody hell.

Porter -> I'm no expert, but it seems to me that.... (4/12/2012 12:01:32 PM)

...Spider-man has all the worst arch-enemies. Electro? Bloody hell. If you're gonna use Jamie Foxx, then why not get him to reprise Django? He looks fucking dangerous. "I like the way you die, Spider-boy"

dunstabledoug -> (4/12/2012 1:05:43 PM)

Jamie Foxx is the new Kick-Ass..???!

Frank Castle -> RE: (4/12/2012 2:40:23 PM)

so much for a decent new franchise

theoriginalcynic -> RE: RE: (4/12/2012 3:29:32 PM)

The first one wasn't that decent. It was a three star movie but in many ways disappointing.

Macavity -> Foxx is Electro (4/12/2012 4:32:24 PM)

Fantastic news! Hoping Foxx brings some of the edge and attitude on display in the Django trailers. Ifans was fine but the franchise needs a shot in the arm to continue. Looking forward to what Foxx brings!

jobloffski -> RE: Foxx is Electro (4/12/2012 5:41:24 PM)

Pleasantly surprised enough with the first one. Better, more believable Peter Parker, less annoying romance, lower budget showed a bit, though. Good reset after 3 made the series untenable, not least by removing the central motivation for the existence of spider man in the first place by making peter NOT responsible for the death of Uncle Ben

Nothing wrong with Electro as a villain, not now the effects to do what the character actually does are possible.

But Foxx? Jury out, but there's enough evidence for actors being able to pretend to be the person they're playing better than initial net outrage believes, so, screw it, Bring it on.

dannyfletch -> Can't wait! (4/12/2012 5:46:17 PM)

I really enjoyed the new reboot so am looking forward to this next installment.
Jamie Foxx seems to suit the part of Electro and I'm sure he will make for a pretty decent bad guy.

directorscut -> RE: Foxx is Electro (4/12/2012 5:52:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

lower budget showed a bit, though.

Film had a budget of $230 million, which when you take into account the huge salaries for Maguire, Dunst and Raimi, means in most likely had more money spent on production than Spider-Man 3 ($258 million).

jobloffski -> RE: Foxx is Electro (4/12/2012 7:03:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

lower budget showed a bit, though.

Film had a budget of $230 million, which when you take into account the huge salaries for Maguire, Dunst and Raimi, means in most likely had more money spent on production than Spider-Man 3 ($258 million).

Oh, I sit corrected. Well, in that case some of the effects where expensively not very good then, mistaken by me for budgetary compromises. Still, like the film and looking forward to the next one.

sweetladybrick -> (4/12/2012 7:10:33 PM)

He does have some pretty ropey sounding villains. I was never a big fan of the idea of Electro- there was a particularly nasty dispatch for Sandman in James Cameron's intended version of Spiderman involving him. How about aiming for a villain that doesn't have a personal connection to Parker, that isn't a good man corrupted? How about just someone who's a bit of a prick to start with? No more pathos; bring on the Scorpion or some other idiot monster. There's nothing wrong with bad guys that aren't conflicted, but that's all we get in these movies now.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI