Palestine now considered a UN state. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics

Deviation -> Palestine now considered a UN state. (30/11/2012 12:43:01 PM)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/29/us-palestinians-statehood-idUSBRE8AR0EG20121129

Since the Israel thread was eliminated, possibly by Mossad agents, here's a new about Palestine finally being recognized as a state.

My first comment on all this is....LOL UK.

Pigeon Army -> RE: Palestine now considered a UN state. (30/11/2012 12:53:43 PM)

NZ voted for it. What up, motherfuckers, my government did something right.

This is great news - it'll give the Palestinians a much stronger position to lobby for a two-state solution when they inevitably enter the next round of peace talks, being an internationally-recognised state now and everything. I don't get the US' and Israel's protestations that it stands in the way of progress in that regard. Indeed, when Netanyahu has privately admitted to obstructing the progress of peace talks by essentially gaming the system, I don't see how he's in any position to say what is going to help or hinder them, given he'll always be hindering them anyway.

Best result, of course, is that it allows the Palestinians the opportunity to join the International Criminal Court and pursue remedies from them in regards to Israel's behaviour in the occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip, which - if first-hand accounts are account - could see Israel dragged across the coals for their actions. The Israeli state hasn't exactly been squeaky-clean, and it's hard to say that Palestinian retaliation in recent years has been driven by the state, especially by the current President.

Ref -> RE: Palestine now considered a UN state. (30/11/2012 1:18:23 PM)

All I'll say is it's about flaming time!

Keyser Sozzled -> RE: Palestine now considered a UN state. (30/11/2012 2:34:57 PM)

Would certainly appear to be a step in the right direction. Israels view, and by defininition that of the USA, comes across as mindless.

EDIT: Holy Shit PA is actually alive [:D]

Sinatra -> RE: Palestine now considered a UN state. (30/11/2012 3:15:43 PM)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20552391

Sour grapes me thinks....

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Palestine now considered a UN state. (30/11/2012 3:30:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/29/us-palestinians-statehood-idUSBRE8AR0EG20121129

Since the Israel thread was eliminated, possibly by Mossad agents, here's a new about Palestine finally being recognized as a state.

F#%@ me, you're right.

Can EMPIRE care to elaborate as to where the thread's disappeared to? Normally if a forum feels a thread has run its course we see it locked. But like Deviation says it seems as if this thread has been eliminated. Why?

rawlinson -> RE: Palestine now considered a UN state. (30/11/2012 3:31:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

F#%@ me, you're right.

Can EMPIRE care to elaborate as to where the thread's disappeared to? Normally if a forum feels a thread has run its course we see it locked. But like Deviation says it seems as if this thread has been eliminated. Why?

Wasn't it one of Paul's threads? Probably got deleted in that screw-up the other day.

Deviation -> RE: Palestine now considered a UN state. (30/11/2012 3:31:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser Sozzled

Would certainly appear to be a step in the right direction. Israels view, and by defininition that of the USA, comes across as mindless.

EDIT: Holy Shit PA is actually alive [:D]

Israel and the US are only reacting as they have predictably reacted. The truly baffling one is Czech Republic, who I never knew was so close to Israel.

BUT AT LEAST THEY DIDN'T FUCKING ABSTAIN YOU UK BASTARD FENCE-SITTERS ON A TOPIC YOU HAD SOME DEAL CREATING

([:D])

quote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20552391

I honestly don't know what Israel is doing sometimes. I really don't know.

Sinatra -> RE: Palestine now considered a UN state. (30/11/2012 3:35:52 PM)

OMG, I thought it was just me being thick as shit... I was looking for that thread everywhere the other day.

Keyser Sozzled -> RE: Palestine now considered a UN state. (30/11/2012 3:40:36 PM)

What happened to it? Mention of a screw up?

I WANT ANSWERS DAMN IT!

Hobbitonlass -> RE: Palestine now considered a UN state. (30/11/2012 3:49:44 PM)

It's gone, don't know what happened to it, blame the spammers (or Paul). Move on.....

[:D]

Deviation -> RE: Palestine now considered a UN state. (30/11/2012 3:52:32 PM)

Iran nuked it from orbit, but to preserve positive relations with the Iranians, we're blaming Paul.

Keyser Sozzled -> RE: Palestine now considered a UN state. (30/11/2012 3:53:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

It's gone, don't know what happened to it, blame the spammers (or Paul). Move on.....

[:D]

How convenient, Ms Goldberg...

blackduck -> RE: Palestine now considered a UN state. (30/11/2012 4:10:23 PM)

Was reading how the Huff post was covering this, sad how much such a liberal site is playing this down, even sadder is the comments section, it's amazing how blinkered the US is when it comes to Isreal, it's like they can do no wrong.

On the missing thread thing, it looked like several days of stuff dissappeared I thought everyone knew why except me!

Deviation -> RE: Palestine now considered a UN state. (30/11/2012 4:30:18 PM)

It's pretty much a Western thing for a group of people to pretend that their allies do nothing wrong though, not many like the idea of being friends with people who have made despicable things, especially with one as close as Israel I can see why it happens. I'm really not surprised.

Sinatra -> RE: Palestine now considered a UN state. (5/12/2012 4:08:05 PM)

Where's flukey? I miss his nutty rants on this subject...! [:D][;)]

Deviation -> RE: Palestine now considered a UN state. (5/12/2012 4:13:47 PM)

Considering what they are doing with the settlements right now, I might just take his place.

Even you guys, the French and the Swedes are annoyed at that.

sanchia -> RE: Palestine now considered a UN state. (5/12/2012 5:00:09 PM)

quote:

Considering what they are doing with the settlements right now, I might just take his place.

Even you guys, the French and the Swedes are annoyed at that.

It does appear to be a deliberate act to derail any attempt of peace. In some respects and being cynical I would not be surprised if those in power do not want peace as if that happens they lose their major argument for staying in positions of power. They know that nothing is ever going to be done against them other than words so they will continue to do what they want.

Essentially it is like two children fighting with no one willing to stop them.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI