What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

markeetundra -> What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (29/11/2012 8:56:44 PM)

For me the first film I ever watched twice back to back was The Lion King. The first time I saw the film was on VHS when I was a kid and I immediately rewound the tape to watch it again.

When I got older I did that with Blade 2 but in the theater. I snuck into another screening right after mine ended. That film was awesome!!!

gazpop -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (29/11/2012 9:58:51 PM)

I think I've found my new fave poster

in response it was Star Wars on Betamax, rewound and watched 3 times, Die Hard twice. I think that's it......

Whistler -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (29/11/2012 11:10:26 PM)

I did it with Van Helsing once, but I'm not sure if it counts. I watched the movie, then when it was back on the menu I muted it and it proceeded to play the entire film again while I blabbed with my sister. I think I did it with Raiders when I was younger, too.

Powka -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (30/11/2012 12:21:31 AM)

Never done this. I felt like doing it with many, MANY films, but always stopped myself from re-watching a film straight away after finishing it in the fear of it loosing something that was the reason for me to want to re-watch the film in the first place.

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (30/11/2012 6:53:43 AM)

Magnolia. Rented it and watched it but because the copy was slightly knackered, went out and bought it as soon as I'd finished and saw it again.

Shifty Bench -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (30/11/2012 7:04:06 AM)

I used to watch loads of fllms on a loop when I was a kid. I'd watch The Goonies a few times in a row, Bugsy Malone, Ghostbusters, The Great Muppet Caper, Muppets Take Manhattan and when I was a teen it'd be Tango & Cash, Lethal Weapon, Lethal Weapon 2 and loads more.

sanchia -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (30/11/2012 8:58:19 AM)

Weird Science. I used to love that film in that I can remember once quoting the entire script with a friend once (which is a very sad thing to do). I saw it again for the first time in years about six months ago. I am sorry to say it did not hold up to the memory.

snaze1 -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (30/11/2012 3:34:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

I did it with Van Helsing once, but I'm not sure if it counts. I watched the movie, then when it was back on the menu I muted it and it proceeded to play the entire film again while I blabbed with my sister. I think I did it with Raiders when I was younger, too.

You watched Van Helsing twice?
ON PURPOSE????

I watched Planes,Trains & Automobiles on VHS with my Dad in 1988 & immediately rewound it & watched it again.
Absolutely hilarious and heartbreaking at the end.

SwozTheRevenge -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (30/11/2012 3:53:04 PM)

Hobo With A Shotgun
Miami Connection
Manhunter

Mister Coe -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (30/11/2012 9:45:54 PM)

Red Dawn.

I was very young, don't judge me.

gunstar -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (30/11/2012 9:53:16 PM)

Does watching it once, and then watching it straight after with the director's commentary count?

I do that loads.

Whistler -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (30/11/2012 11:39:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: snaze1

quote:

ON PURPOSE????

You may not have noticed yet, but I love that movie [:D]

Hood_Man -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (1/12/2012 2:42:13 AM)

I've never done it. I've watched a great film and then immediately watched the sequel (I remember doing this with the Back to the Future trilogy with my sister), but never the same film.

Super Hans -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (1/12/2012 2:46:38 PM)

I'm know I used to watch Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and Ghostbusters endlessly as a child, but couldn't tell you if it was ever with back-to-back regularity!

To be honest, as long as I can remember I've never been compelled to do that. No matter how much I may have loved a film, I don't think my attention and patience would stretch to watching a 2 hours-ish film twice in a row. Maybe it's a 'you can have too much of a good thing' type of mentality![:D]

endjinnoil -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (1/12/2012 6:02:01 PM)

Memento. Watched it forwards, then backwards via the dvd easter egg. Then had a lie down.

mclane1 -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (1/12/2012 6:08:21 PM)

ghostbusters as a kid

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (1/12/2012 7:27:21 PM)

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey when I was young.

horribleives -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (2/12/2012 12:24:00 AM)

When I was 11 I watched Robocop three times in a row. I might've dozed off halfway through the final helping but I'm still the winner [;)]

garvielloken -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (2/12/2012 3:23:54 PM)

quote:

quote:

ON PURPOSE????

Good man. That makes four of us on the forum that likes it - me, Gimli, you and I think Donovan is fan too. I wonder if a four signature petition would be enough to green light a sequel? [:D]

Whistler -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (2/12/2012 3:30:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: garvielloken

quote:

quote:

ON PURPOSE????

Good man. That makes four of us on the forum that likes it - me, Gimli, you and I think Donovan is fan too. I wonder if a four signature petition would be enough to green light a sequel? [:D]

Don't fret - we may yet have help.

[image]http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff446/EdGardiner/IMAG0510.jpg[/image]

garvielloken -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (2/12/2012 3:40:05 PM)

Van Helsing out of stock? Wonders never cease.

Whistler -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (2/12/2012 4:13:46 PM)

I couldn't quite believe my eyes. I swear it hasn't been photoshopped...

bozo -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (2/12/2012 8:50:17 PM)

Once I watched Terminator 2 five times in a row. I was home sick from school. One of the greatest days ever.

Hood_Man -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (2/12/2012 8:52:54 PM)

Come to think of it, I've got a feeling I probably watched The Phantom Menace about 3-4 times back to back when it came out on VHS...

Shifty Bench -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (2/12/2012 10:03:33 PM)

quote:

I can guarantee you one of three things-

1. Whistler or whoever took the photo, lifted copies off the shelf to take the photo
2. Whoever bought them, the film was the last choice in the 5 for 30. Every time.
3. Hell has frozen over.

Four people who love Van Helsing does not make it a great film. Especially not when one of those people thinks Battleship is the best film of 2012 [:D] [;)]

Whistler -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (2/12/2012 10:14:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

I can guarantee you one of three things-

1. Whistler or whoever took the photo, lifted copies off the shelf to take the photo
2. Whoever bought them, the film was the last choice in the 5 for 30. Every time.
3. Hell has frozen over.

Four people who love Van Helsing does not make it a great film. Especially not when one of those people thinks Battleship is the best film of 2012 [:D] [;)]

I can assure you this wasn't the case. I mean I love the movie, but even I was sure it was probably just the staff were too embarrassed to re-stock it [:D]

garvielloken -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (2/12/2012 10:17:19 PM)

quote:

Especially not when one of those people thinks Battleship is the best film of 2012 [:D] [;)]

That's DK, right? Yeah, I guess there's no accounting for taste. [:D]

Shifty Bench -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (2/12/2012 10:40:45 PM)

quote:

but even I was sure it was probably just the staff were too embarrassed to re-stock it [:D]

Ok, one of 4 things [:D]

quote:

quote:

Especially not when one of those people thinks Battleship is the best film of 2012 [:D] [;)]

That's DK, right? Yeah, I guess there's no accounting for taste. [:D]

It is and you're right [:D]

adambatman82 -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (2/12/2012 11:31:02 PM)

quote:

[image]http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff446/EdGardiner/IMAG0510.jpg[/image]

That photo is a damning indictment of the buying public. Two copies of the Palme d'Or winning Uncle Boonmee sit on the shelves, alongside a pair of copies of Tyrannosaur and a bunch of We Own The Night's, while Van Helsing is sold out.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: What film have you ever watched twice back to back? (2/12/2012 11:40:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82
Two copies of the Palme d'Or winning Uncle Boonmee sit on the shelves

And that's where they should stay.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI