First Evil Dead Remake Poster Online (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> First Evil Dead Remake Poster Online (20/11/2012 7:32:08 PM)

Post your comments on this article

clarkkent -> (20/11/2012 7:32:08 PM)

"The most terrifying film you will ever see" Really? Cos in my experience, when a horror film TELLS YOU to be scared, it turns out to be not that scary. It's like a stand up calling themself controversial.

HulkySmashSmash -> Either Way (20/11/2012 8:18:34 PM)

That is a GOOD poster!

drews -> RE: Either Way (20/11/2012 9:11:15 PM)

What made the Evil Dead so great was how funny it was. This doesn't seem like it is going to retain the humour.

Shame.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Either Way (20/11/2012 9:44:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: drews

What made the Evil Dead so great was how funny it was. This doesn't seem like it is going to retain the humour.

Shame.

Yep.
Plus the poster would look better without the self-indulgent blurb.

purplegnome -> re open your eyes (21/11/2012 7:53:37 AM)

the first evil dead was not a comedy so if your going to whine about it at least get your facts right

indysgill -> (21/11/2012 2:35:13 PM)

Some of you have clearly never seen the original, and are only going by #2 or #3.

Battan9000 -> No Ash no Evil Dead (21/11/2012 8:58:16 PM)

The Evil Dead films were unique - as opposed to Halloween, Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street you were rooting for the hero / victim. The Evil Dead without Ash is like A Nightmare on Elm Street without Freddy. In other words a bit meh.

Battan9000 -> No Ash no Evil Dead (21/11/2012 8:58:17 PM)

The Evil Dead films were unique - as opposed to Halloween, Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street you were rooting for the hero / victim. The Evil Dead without Ash is like A Nightmare on Elm Street without Freddy. In other words a bit meh.

DeadEvil -> (22/11/2012 12:06:44 AM)

Am I one of only a few who thinks this looks brilliant? I'm a die hard fan of the originals and although the original first outing may have appeared to have some humourous content, it was never intended to be a horror/humour hybrid. Raimi and co were actually having a serious crack at a full on horror movie. Due to the budget and being less-experienced at the time, what resulted was a B-grade horror movie that happened to create a cult following as it was different to other films aout at the time.

Now that they have the experience and budget to do as they please, they can now attempt to create the movie they always intended to make, which is an in-your-face, no-holds-barred, bloody, gory, sadistic horror movie.

The original(s) will always hold a place in my heart as I am one of the many cult followers, but I am also an absolute horror freak and am forever hunting for the ultimate horror experience. This remake appears to be just that. So jump aboard fellow sickos!

Battan9000 -> DeadEvil (22/11/2012 5:43:17 PM)

DeadEvil - I kinda agree with you and see your point. But for me - without Ash - this isn't an Evil Dead movie. Wish they had made it and called it something else. I bet none of the victims are as enduring or as likable as Ash - which will mean it's just another Cabin in The Woods movie without the satire.

jem0013 -> re open your eyes (26/11/2012 4:45:55 PM)

purplegnome - I'm with you all the way. Just how was the first Evil Dead a comedy? Apart from the plasticine fx at the end I don't recall laughing at any point of the film. And what is so funny about anybody being raped by a tree? It was a nasty film and is what it is - a horror with balls. I don't see how this remake will top the original because it's nothing new and nothing we haven't already seen. It's just the original minus the the plasticine.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
5.859375E-02