Gambit (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

Empire Admin -> Gambit (19/11/2012 8:56:35 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Toursiveu -> Cameron Diaz... (19/11/2012 8:56:35 AM)

What Happens in Vegas, The Box, My Sister's Keeper, the Charlie's Angels films, The Sweetest Thing...

Why do people still put Cameron Diaz in their films? It's not that she's a terribe actress, it's more than she's so detestable. All her parts of late are just impossible to watch. I guess I've stopped loving Cameron Diaz ever since I saw Lost In Translation with Anna Faris playing a pretty accurate version of her.

JJB888 -> Gambit is a con that ain't on. (23/11/2012 12:30:35 AM)

Promoted as "Written by Joel and Ethan Coen", audiences may come in expecting edgier Fargo or Burn After Reading Territory. Just don't Gambit is more similar to the Coen's Ladykillers remake, in that it is a film that leaves you feeling nothing (not hate, not love). One of the Coen's weakest writing efforts, perhaps there is a reason its taken 15 years to release and thusly feels so dated.

TheMightyBlackout -> They don't make 'em like they used to. (25/11/2012 7:21:49 PM)

A movie that seems trapped between wanting to be a haphazard farce and a slick heist story, and sadly it achieves neither.

Much like the forgeries that are the centrepiece of the film, Gambit may have the requisite brush-strokes, but it lacks feeling.

TheGodfather -> (17/3/2014 10:08:18 PM)

A so-so heist film with Colin Firth and Cameron Diaz who try to get their hands on two rare and expensive paintings. They try to take them from rich art collector Alan Rickman.
Typical middle of the road all-star vehicle that every now and again is entertaining and has nice parts but overall it doesn`t get enough out of its story

6,0/10

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI