Now You See Me Trailer Appears (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Now You See Me Trailer Appears (17/11/2012 11:03:08 PM)

Post your comments on this article

OrganicLifeform -> (17/11/2012 11:03:08 PM)

Well, great cast, but it looks generic...

clarkkent -> (18/11/2012 2:38:35 PM)

How does it look generic? i can't think of another film that's got this kind of conceit at it's core.

I really like the idea, the cast is great and as a fan of illusionists and magicians, I'm looking forward to seeing this. BUT i do hope this isn't going to turn out to be a film with a "magic is real" or some such mcguffin that ends up being a cheat "twist ending". I REALLY hope the "twist" is an actual illusion, and not just a cheap get out trick.

Miikesmama -> (18/11/2012 5:54:43 PM)

I am such a huge fan of magic but there are just no good films about magic...
The Prestige was great, but SciFi-y, The Illusionist, the lesser said about that the better, and this seems to be SciFi as well.

sowasred2012 -> (19/11/2012 1:55:43 PM)

I don't know about 'generic' but this trailer should be doing a better job of making sure you can't use 'rip off' to describe this film, I couldn't stop thinking about The Prestige throughout this trailer.

The finished product may well be a different beast, but having the trailer focus on being misdirected by morally ambiguous super-magicians and having an old guy tell us we're being misdirected at the beginning and end of it (plus, having Michael Caine in the bloody thing!) is a bit too similar.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.198242E-02