Exclusive: Ray Harryhausen On His Creatures (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> Exclusive: Ray Harryhausen On His Creatures (16/11/2012 4:46:35 PM)

Post your comments on this article

zmtm -> in cinemas???? (16/11/2012 4:46:35 PM)

If you can tell me where , that would be marvellous! I have read reviews but it neglect to say where its on...if at all!! Grrrrrr!

joig -> RE: Exclusive: Ray Harryhausen On His Creatures (17/11/2012 12:39:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Empire Admin

Post your comments on <a href=/features/harryhausen-on-harryhausen><b>this article</b></a>

Ok First thing I saw when I opened up the article is the skeleton figurine and damn I remember that thing. I can't remember what movie though, sinbad maybe or clash of the titans.

When you take a look at some of the following pictures you can see it's from the argonauts, I remember that movie with silly nostalgia. That guy really is an artist.

Morteus -> Pure Gold (18/11/2012 6:18:54 PM)

I grew up with all the films Ray Harryhausen worked on and they fuelled my fantasies and ambitions. Sadly, I failed to follow in his footsteps, but I've managed to get most of the movies on DVD, and they still entertain and enthral. Maybe it's just a personal thing, but even with the marvels made possible by CGI seem unable to aspire to the same special magic. I think it may have something to do with this observation by the man himself:

"I tried to improve on it, but I still admire King Kong because it influenced me enormously. There wasn’t a single superfluous scene in the dialogue or the visuals."

rissole -> RIP (8/5/2013 11:08:10 AM)

Speechless and quite sad at this news.

danielthompson99 -> Brilliant (9/5/2013 12:45:11 PM)

"They are not monsters....they are misunderstood creatures".

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI