Pacific Rim And Gravity Coming To IMAX (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Pacific Rim And Gravity Coming To IMAX (16/11/2012 1:36:50 PM)

Post your comments on this article

pete_traynor -> When you say 70mm.... (16/11/2012 1:36:50 PM)

You say landing in 70mm but do you just actually mean post converted from 35mm or digital to be displayed on an IMAX screen? Like 99% of all IMAX runs. These are not native IMAX films that were shot using 70mm stock.

Other than perhaps Gravity, there is not a single film there I would not have expected to see on the upcoming IMAX release slate. But do any of these actually contain any IMAX footage whatsoever?

Some brave soul just needs to take the jump and film an entire feature in this format now. Although I personally didn’t care much for TDKR, I respect Nolan for pushing for that much IMAX content. Someone now needs to follow his good example and go the whole hog.

themoviegeek -> RE: When you say 70mm.... (17/11/2012 7:56:02 AM)

I'm a movie maker. Shooting on 70mm is the most impractical thing... ever. The cameras are unwieldy, (they get in the way of telling the story) the stock is outrageously expensive, there is a very short amount of time which you can roll for (the reason being that the stock is just enormous) and above all, ticket prices put most people off. Therefore, 95/96 percent of people are going to watch a 35 print anyway. Maybe in the future.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI