Listen To The Complete Hobbit Soundtrack (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Listen To The Complete Hobbit Soundtrack (13/11/2012 1:18:22 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Filmfan 2 -> The Hobbit Score (13/11/2012 1:18:22 PM)

At the risk of being a party pooper, I can't understand why anyone would sit and listen to this before seeing the movie?

Hearing film scores as the film plays is one of the great pleasures of a first viewing experience for me, and it allows you to put the music in context as it relates to the goings on on-screen. Listening to it beforehand, for me at least, would rob the music of some of its initial impact in-situ.

Still, horses for courses.

JimmyThe Saint -> (13/11/2012 1:24:59 PM)

Following last year’s disgrace is Neil Finn another great songwriter who won’t get an academy award nomination for best song? And who is to say Adele will be nominated for her great Bond song? Morricone never won a competitive Oscar. No offence to the Muppet song, but at least Annie Lennox won.

ElenGaynor -> RE: (13/11/2012 3:46:50 PM)

I agree!! I'll admit that I was VERY tempted to have a sneaky listen to it... but what you said is right; the main joy is experiencing everything all at once for the first time, also being able to pinpoint events in the film from their corresponding score. If you hear the score before you see the movie... well, that won't happen. I also find that you can fall into the trap of imagining how the film will play out in response to the music, only for it to be totally different in the cinema. So I shall wait until I see and hear the full package in December. :D

Thank you for reminding me why it's good to be patient!

Bim -> The Score (13/11/2012 5:56:39 PM)

Thanks a bunch, Empire! This has been a wonderful listen so far. Great stuff from Howard, as usual.

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: The Score (14/11/2012 9:05:07 AM)

I can't wait until I listen to this, but I too may well leave it until I've seen the film. Shore's work on the LOTR films gave us my favourite music of all time, so to say Im excited about this score is an understatement!

mrstirland -> Listening (14/11/2012 4:27:39 PM)

I love listening to the Lord of the Rings soundtracks, so I am pretty excited to be listening to this one. Does anyone else have a problem with the app going back to the beginning of the soundtrack after you pause it?

mrstirland -> Listening (14/11/2012 5:03:08 PM)

I love listening to the Lord of the Rings soundtracks, so I am pretty excited to be listening to this one. Does anyone else have a problem with the app going back to the beginning of the soundtrack after you pause it?

TJD -> One word Goosebumps! (14/11/2012 6:39:38 PM)

:)

LastSilmaril -> OK, a bit underwhelming, but fitting. (15/11/2012 7:27:47 AM)

Just listened to the score all the way through; here are some snap impressions:
1) The song at the end is awful.
2) The score overall will probably fit the film nicely, but the new themes - I could actually only identify one, for the dwarves - were not particularly compelling, I'm sorry to say. In my experience, this usually tracks with how strong the movie is, or how strong the characters being associated with a certain motif are. So that's a bit worrisome.
3) The score certainly sounds like it belongs in the LotR universe as Shore has thusfar defined it. The Moria guys and the boy's choir that sang the 'innocent' Ring theme are back, for example. But irrespective of the vocalists, or the hints of themes (see 4), it just 'feels right'.
4) Hearing the old themes in new arrangements (including The Shire, Lorien, Rivendell, the Ring) was awesome; it also gave clues as to what would be going on in the movie (I made a conscious effort not to read the track names).
5) The streaming player desperately needs an update. Sometime near the end, maybe twenty minutes from it, the sound completely drops out from the right channel. (I switched headphones, to no avail, and then tried sliding the Windows volume control to see if the level sound would still come out on both channels, and it did. It's a problem with the player.) Pausing does not work and sends you back to the beginning; this also screws up the time elapsed as it'll sort of blink and switch between new actual time elapsed and the time you paused it on. Also, time elapsed is not broken down into hours. Of these, the stereo dropout is the biggest problem. That said,
6) Thank you Empire for bringing up this treat!

echoharmony -> Not working for me (15/11/2012 8:36:14 AM)

I'd love to listen to this but for some reason where the player should be, I only see a grey circle with an exclamation mark in it. =/

hobbit2 -> Soundtrack at Youtube (15/11/2012 9:46:19 AM)

Hear the Soundtrack on Youtube: http://youtu.be/3LFWhjuon4s

LastSilmaril -> RE: Soundtrack at Youtube (15/11/2012 2:47:06 PM)

The youtube link does not work for users in the US, just fyi. More's the pity.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.464844E-02