12 Angry Men (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Golden Oldies

s00tie -> 12 Angry Men (9/11/2012 5:38:50 PM)

Was recently introduced to this classic by a good friend, although I have to admit it didn't sound like a great film.

I was literally blown away and have re-watched it already.

jonson -> RE: 12 Angry Men (9/11/2012 5:51:43 PM)

Yes, incredible, a real edge-of-your-seat film for me.
1 room, 12 Angry Men and an atmosphere you could cut with a knife, you barely breath thoughout the running time.
It was also remade in the late 90's (for TV) with a terrific cast, but admittedly I've never seen it. However I have heard it was OK.

Coyleone -> RE: 12 Angry Men (11/11/2012 9:56:37 PM)

Absolutely brilliant film. Don't let the basic story put you off, it's incredibly thrilling. Amazingly written dialogue and superb performances too.

siegfried -> RE: 12 Angry Men (13/11/2012 11:57:36 PM)

One of the most unlikely premises for a film you're ever likely to come across. The only slightly sour note for me is in Lee J. Cobb's performance which I feel would have had far more impact if he had been made to reign it in a little, but apart from that everything else works brilliantly and the film certainly deserves its place as a classic of American Cinema.

m_er -> RE: 12 Angry Men (26/11/2012 8:43:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: s00tie

Was recently introduced to this classic by a good friend, although I have to admit it didn't sound like a great film.

I was literally blown away and have re-watched it already.

same here mate. borrowed it from british council to check it out if it was any good, coz i wasnt a fan of classic films then. finished it, i felt blown-away by it, rewound it (it was a VHS video cassette) didnt even watch the whole end credits and enjoyed the whole trip again. afterwards, bought the DVD and seen it at least 10 times in the first month. it's been more than 25 times now that i've watched this film. LOVE IT! my fave film all times.

Powka -> RE: 12 Angry Men (29/11/2012 12:40:46 AM)

Agree with everybody here.

I was skeptical at first, but I couldn't believe how quickly I got through the film when I first watched it long time ago. I just got it, and will be watching it again this week.
I want to study this film at some point, want to figure out exactly what makes the viewer attached to the whole thing so much.

Saltire -> RE: 12 Angry Men (3/12/2012 9:26:51 AM)

Its one of those films everyone has to see once in their lives. I watch it once every few years (like I do when I go through Seinfeld [:D] ).

Powka -> RE: 12 Angry Men (3/12/2012 12:01:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

Its one of those films everyone has to see once in their lives. I watch it once every few years (like I do when I go through Seinfeld [:D] ).

Haha, YES!

Mr Gittes -> RE: 12 Angry Men (21/3/2013 10:16:51 PM)

What I love about it is that it sounds like it should just be a play on screen, but it's very cinematic. That and every one of the performances are just fantastic. I'm not being preferential here but Martin Balsam in particular I love in everything he's in. He can be so likeable in movies like this, Cape Fear and Psycho and yet he can play such a bastard in movies like Catch 22. Just brilliant.

CamLiza -> RE: 12 Angry Men (10/4/2013 2:24:17 PM)

Sidney Lumet is underappreciated, to say the least. What a filmography.

Bloke from Oz -> RE: 12 Angry Men (4/6/2013 3:05:17 PM)

I'll add to the chorus of appreciation of this film; an absolute classic which any film buff MUST see at least once. A great ensemble film.

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

It was also remade in the late 90's (for TV) with a terrific cast, but admittedly I've never seen it.

Don't bother; its basically a scene-for-scene copy, with about 90% of the dialogue all the same. You wouldn't be seeing anything new.

m_er -> RE: 12 Angry Men (13/7/2013 10:49:54 AM)

my fave all-time classic. seen it moren than 30 times. i can almost write down the whole script from my memory.

cheekdeville -> RE: 12 Angry Men (1/9/2013 4:34:40 PM)

Have to agree, it's a great film , definitely one of the classics for me, one of the few film me and OH actually agree on

Shifty Bench -> RE: 12 Angry Men (1/9/2013 9:26:18 PM)

One of my favourite films of all time, an absolute classic. [:)]

Uncle Charlie -> RE: 12 Angry Men (3/9/2013 2:09:15 AM)

Outstanding ensemble cast lead by Henry Fonda (co-producer credit) as the one courageous dissenting juror who votes 'not guilty' at the start of the deliberations because of his reasonable doubt..Truly gripping and ground breaking for it's day..

axxo1 -> RE: 12 Angry Men (17/9/2013 11:24:13 AM)

I have seen this movie by chance yesterday - didn't expect what was coming.

I appreciated it, indeed, going to watch it again tonight.

Cat Lady -> RE: 12 Angry Men (8/1/2014 12:13:28 PM)

I agree, this film is a classic and should be seen at least a few times in your lifetime.

Helas -> RE: 12 Angry Men (18/1/2014 10:18:53 AM)

I also totally agree with you and would like to say thanks to you that you share this post here with us. Keep it up. The film was really really good. No doubt.

Peregrine Took -> RE: 12 Angry Men (18/2/2014 4:00:23 AM)

A remarkable film by any standard. It's one of those films that you'd think shouldn't work, but it does, brilliantly.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI