Skunk Anansie (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile

Mister Coe -> Skunk Anansie (6/11/2012 10:38:07 PM)

So, who likes this band?

One of the best bands of the 90's, IMO, an amazing mix of hard rock and some really soulful stuff, with great musicianship and one of the best vocalists I've ever heard in Skin... you must remember her? How many other shaven-headed black female singers (with an amazing voice) do you know?

They reformed about four years ago and came back with 'Wonderlustre', a terrific album, and now they've got a new one out called 'Black Traffic', which is even better. I've seen 'em four times since the reunion and, good god, they are even better than they were back in the day. Only one date this year, at Brixton Academy, but a full tour next year, deffo chek them out!

Anyone with me on this?

clownfoot -> RE: Skunk Anansie (27/11/2012 10:04:55 AM)

Yeah, they were great. Paranoid & Sunburnt and Hedonism really rocked and Skin has the voice of an angel. Very sassy, political tunes as well. Haven't heard either of their ablums since they reformed, so may have to check those out now.

elab49 -> RE: Skunk Anansie (27/11/2012 10:11:08 AM)

I loved her voice but not all of their songs. Now I'd only hear them when I rewatch Strange Days. Isn't she on the stage, too? 

horribleives -> RE: Skunk Anansie (27/11/2012 1:06:27 PM)

They had the odd alright tune but I've always had problems with the singer after she stood next to me we watching 60 Ft Dolls at Newcastle Riverside in 1995 and knocked my drink flying. Needless to say, she apologised but I'd have much rather she bought me a new one. Bearing in mind I was a 17 year old sixth former at the time with about 4 quid to get me through the evening I was not amused. But I'm not bitter, it was 17 years ago, come on, get over it, it was an accident, these things hap...no, can't do it - YOU OWE ME, SKIN...

jonson -> RE: Skunk Anansie (27/11/2012 1:23:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

Yeah, they were great. Paranoid & Sunburnt and Hedonism really rocked and Skin has the voice of an angel. Very sassy, political tunes as well. Haven't heard either of their ablums since they reformed, so may have to check those out now.

Yeah, about sums me up.
I guess their biggest hit was Weak, although I much prefer the acoustic version, her vocals are beautiful on it, very, very talented singer, I had a bit of a bizarre crush on her as well

horribleives -> RE: Skunk Anansie (27/11/2012 1:29:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

Yeah, about sums me up.
I guess their biggest hit was Weak, although I much prefer the acoustic version, her vocals are beautiful on it, very, very talented singer, I had a bit of a bizarre crush on her as well

I did too 'til I realised she had a deeply poor sense of spacial awareness...
17 year grudges aside, I wasn't a huge fan of them but I always thought Charity was a lovely tune.

Mister Coe -> RE: Skunk Anansie (27/11/2012 9:42:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

They had the odd alright tune but I've always had problems with the singer after she stood next to me we watching 60 Ft Dolls at Newcastle Riverside in 1995 and knocked my drink flying. Needless to say, she apologised but I'd have much rather she bought me a new one. Bearing in mind I was a 17 year old sixth former at the time with about 4 quid to get me through the evening I was not amused. But I'm not bitter, it was 17 years ago, come on, get over it, it was an accident, these things hap...no, can't do it - YOU OWE ME, SKIN...

Wow, dude... you really know how to hold a grudge... ;o)

Joking aside, SA's new album, BLACK TRAFFIC, is bloody great, check it out.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI