Waaaay too much Hobbitses (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine

HarryAngel -> Waaaay too much Hobbitses (2/11/2012 11:21:20 PM)

Does anyone else think Empire got a bit over excited with their Hobbit coverage this issue?
I'm sure it's going to be great and all that but honestly, 63 pages and an extra quid for the cover?

Surely it would have been better to either spread the features over two issues or bring out a special stand alone magazine entirely devoted to the movie. That way readers that enjoy Empire but aren't that bothered about The Hobbit wouldn't have had to skip a huge chunk of the issue.
Personally the reason that I buy Empire is for the quality writing and wide range of movies new and old that are featured, not for some kind of 'special souvenir issue' that devotes way too many pages to one film.

Cool Breeze -> RE: Waaaay too much Hobbitses (6/11/2012 3:06:01 PM)

This was the worst issue EVER.

Mag was just full of endless Hobbit coverage and advertisments.

Seriously Empire,we all know that youre mates with Peter Jackson but this was really overboard.

buffster28 -> RE: Waaaay too much Hobbitses (11/11/2012 3:20:05 PM)

agreed , i'm not that bothered about the film and to dedicate the whole magazine too it practically is far too much.

Keyser Sozzled -> RE: Waaaay too much Hobbitses (14/11/2012 1:42:01 PM)

Well it was a bit OTT as I'm not really a huge fan of the Hobbit but then again I got over it and somehow moved on with my life.

AxlReznor -> RE: Waaaay too much Hobbitses (19/12/2012 12:17:13 PM)

I loved the issue. It was a treat for Hobbit fans... I'm sure that Empire have done similar with other movies that I haven't been a fan of before, but that's just how it goes sometime.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: Waaaay too much Hobbitses (19/12/2012 1:13:23 PM)

There can never be too many Hobbitses..... [:D]

buffster28 -> RE: Waaaay too much Hobbitses (19/12/2012 7:46:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

I loved the issue. It was a treat for Hobbit fans... I'm sure that Empire have done similar with other movies that I haven't been a fan of before, but that's just how it goes sometime.

well i'm sure that before its not been virtually the whole magazine dedicated to the 1 film.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.660156E-02