Man vs Food (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Sledge Hammer -> Man vs Food (2/11/2012 9:49:26 PM)

How is there not a thread about this?

I used to think that sportsmen, actors and historical legends were my heroes. But Adam has the new mantle of people I want to be.

Man vs Food is awesome. What started off [for me] as a program that disgusted me, I am now finding myself hungry (and slightly aroused - too far?) by the exploits.

Favourite show at the moment - bow down to Man vs Food

Sway -> RE: Man vs Food (2/11/2012 10:55:09 PM)

I used to love this. And Adam Richman, big time. Until I managed to get into a private twitter conversation with him... turns out he's a sleaze. It put me right off him. And now my flatmate (who has seen the conversation) always winds me up when he's flicking channels and this is on.

Anyway as a show I love the concept because I LOVE food.

Mister Coe -> RE: Man vs Food (2/11/2012 11:00:11 PM)

Oh, come on, Sway, you can;'t leave it there...

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Man vs Food (6/11/2012 8:54:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

Oh, come on, Sway, you can;'t leave it there...

/\ This!

Was it all food realted innuendos? [:D]

Captain Black -> RE: Man vs Food (6/11/2012 9:50:42 PM)

I was going to post something along the lines of I prefer it when he shows the more innovative meals rather than the sheer volume challenges.

But fuck all that noise: Sway, dish the dirt. [:D]

Woger -> RE: Man vs Food (6/11/2012 9:53:27 PM)

The hot chicken wing ones are amazing, the man's a masochist.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Man vs Food (6/11/2012 9:54:07 PM)

DETAILS WE NEED DETAILS.

Mister Coe -> RE: Man vs Food (6/11/2012 10:03:47 PM)

Sway..? Sway..?

(please read this in the style of...)

Bueller... Bueller..?

[:D]

Rinc -> RE: Man vs Food (6/11/2012 10:04:33 PM)

I'm guessing it was something about doing a sausage challenge or baps

Mister Coe -> RE: Man vs Food (7/11/2012 9:04:07 PM)

* racks brain for food-related innuendos...*

Did you have an hour to finish off his enormous sausage?

Sledge Hammer -> RE: Man vs Food (7/11/2012 9:10:26 PM)

How did the 12 inch burito taste?

Sway -> RE: Man vs Food (7/11/2012 9:41:33 PM)

Good grief, I completely forgot I'd posted in here and look at the mess I've made!

Alright, alright, you're not getting all the details, and yes food related inyourendos featured. All his doing, I might add.

The fact I was Scottish got brought into conversation and all I'm going to say is there was talk of a battered sausage.

I can laugh about it now, but this guy was serious.

Mister Coe -> RE: Man vs Food (7/11/2012 10:16:21 PM)

Awww... spoilsport!

You do realise that I'm now going to go to bed trying desperately to think of innuendos about battered sausages... and I sleep badly at the best of times!

Whatever... perhaps I should get in touch with Adam and pretend I'm a 19-year old girl?

Sway -> RE: Man vs Food (7/11/2012 10:20:31 PM)

quote:

Awww... spoilsport!

You do realise that I'm now going to go to bed trying desperately to think of innuendos about battered sausages... and I sleep badly at the best of times!

Whatever... perhaps I should get in touch with Adam and pretend I'm a 19-year old girl?

19!?

You flatter me. [sm=05.gif]

Hood_Man -> RE: Man vs Food (7/11/2012 10:23:42 PM)

quote:

Dammit, you said 19. I thought you said younger. I had the Chris Hansen picture ready and everything.

[image]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/MechaViv/The%20Gabriel%20Smith%20Project/user1692_pic3812_1330493669.gif[/image]

indysgill -> RE: Man vs Food (7/11/2012 10:46:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

I used to love this. And Adam Richman, big time. Until I managed to get into a private twitter conversation with him... turns out he's a sleaze. It put me right off him. And now my flatmate (who has seen the conversation) always winds me up when he's flicking channels and this is on.

Anyway as a show I love the concept because I LOVE food.

I should not have told you he was on twitter!

Mister Coe -> RE: Man vs Food (7/11/2012 10:53:54 PM)

Who the fuck is Chris Hanson?

Mister Coe -> RE: Man vs Food (8/11/2012 12:04:29 AM)

No matter. Just googled Chris Hansen. What a twat.

fuzzy -> RE: Man vs Food (8/11/2012 2:43:23 PM)

Food innuendo Twitter conversations aside, Adam seems like a decent bloke on the show and the reason I always tune in when flicking through the channels - even if I've seen the episode dozens of times. There's other shows like this out there (mainly on the food network) but none of the charm of MvF.

Mister Coe -> RE: Man vs Food (8/11/2012 8:01:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

Awww... spoilsport!

19!?

You flatter me. [sm=05.gif]

Didn't mean to imply I thought you were 19... I'm sure you're not a day over 21 and lovely with it... [:D]

Joking aside, it must be wierd to connect with someone you admire and have them go all-unexpected on you... this is why I never try and connect with someone I'm a fan of. As I said to Karen Gillan the other day when she came onto me... [;)]

Back to the original point... is anyone a bit worried about Adam's health? Been watching more recent shows like Man Vs Food Nation (the same as the original show, but Adam doesn't do the challenges) and a new show on Food Network, 'Adams Best Sandwiches' or something like that, and he doesn't look like a well man. He's definately much heavier than before and seems to be growing a bad beard to disguise his multiple chins. It wouldn't be unusual for a man who eats like he does to put on weight but still...

fuzzy -> RE: Man vs Food (17/11/2012 9:16:26 PM)

Adam's on Sunday Brunch tomorrow, C4, 9.30.

If they don't whip up a 7lb breakfast burrito for him, I'll be disappointed. [:D]

UTB -> RE: Man vs Food (17/11/2012 11:27:42 PM)

Its a shame out of all the food programmes to be on he's on the worst one of the lot. Tim Lovejoy is a horrendous presenter who appears to have wandered onto the set.

Mister Coe -> RE: Man vs Food (18/11/2012 8:40:24 PM)

Saw it this morning after a heavy beer / gig / curry night in Manchester... did anyone catch what someone apparently said that was so bad that one of the regular presenters had to issue an apology after the ad break? There was a lot of people talking over each other...

Was it a message directed at Sway?

jcthefirst -> RE: Man vs Food (19/11/2012 1:42:18 PM)

quote:

Saw it this morning after a heavy beer / gig / curry night in Manchester... did anyone catch what someone apparently said that was so bad that one of the regular presenters had to issue an apology after the ad break? There was a lot of people talking over each other...

One of the guys from The Script said 'shit.'

And yes, Tim Lovejoy is beyond awful as a presenter.

paul_lfc -> RE: Man vs Food (19/11/2012 2:11:38 PM)

quote:

Back to the original point... is anyone a bit worried about Adam's health?

Yes, he supports Tottenham

fuzzy -> RE: Man vs Food (20/11/2012 10:53:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

One of the guys from The Script said 'shit.'

And yes, Tim Lovejoy is beyond awful as a presenter.

I think something else was said but it was fairly inaudible as people were talking over each other. But I definitely caught a punchline which seemed to sound like "... at a children's birthday party". And some of the guests laughed. There was no reaction at the time, and Lovejoy had to apologise for something that nobody heard anyway!

And I thought Adam looked ok considering what he's put his body through over the last few years.

And I agree with posters here - Lovejoy is a woeful presenter who has little interest with what his guests are saying so often talks over them. And don't get me started on Simon bloody Rimmer. Worst presenting double act since Sam Fox and Mick Fleetwood.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI